PDA

View Full Version : We pity them.....they should pity us

sonnyp
03-18-2011, 05:40 PM
it's hard to not be heartbroken as the images continue to pour from japan.

amid the destruction and devastation, something struck me. it's been over a week now, since this disaster struck that country.

not once.....not even one time have i seen an account of man's inhumanity to man. not one account of looting, no price gouging, no thuggery...no nothing !

i can't help but think, if something even remotely like this were to happen in this country, what would be going on in the streets ?

Let's Roll
03-18-2011, 06:03 PM
i can't help but think, if something even remotely like this were to happen in this country, what would be going on in the streets ?
The living will envy the dead.

Dave Schwartz
03-18-2011, 07:17 PM
Sonny,

I wrote about my short experience in Japan in another thread but I can honestly say they have a "kind" society.

Dave

cj's dad
03-18-2011, 11:04 PM
You Tube New Orleans

it's hard to not be heartbroken as the images continue to pour from japan.

amid the destruction and devastation, something struck me. it's been over a week now, since this disaster struck that country.

not once.....not even one time have i seen an account of man's inhumanity to man. not one account of looting, no price gouging, no thuggery...no nothing !

JustRalph
03-19-2011, 12:56 AM
Their Society has a very strong respect for personal 'Honor" that is taken very seriously. That explains a ton.

How much honor is there in most big cities? In the U.S. ?

I'll leave it at that

HUSKER55
03-19-2011, 05:01 AM
good point