PDA

View Full Version : Exacta favorite vrs win pool favorite?

Robert Goren
03-17-2011, 07:37 PM
I was wondering if anyone has looked at the horse who is the top horse in the lowest exacta payout and is not not the favorite in the win pool. I know it doesn't happen very often, maybe once in every 3 cards or so.

Capper Al
03-18-2011, 06:35 PM
I prefer to look at the will pays for the pick 3's. Don't have an answer for you, but you might find Mr. Trifecta an interesting read. He makes his bets from the pick 3's.

Coleman
03-20-2011, 04:17 AM
"Inside money" (sometimes erroneously called "smart money") will show up more heavily in general in the exacta pools than it will in the pick 3 pools; therefore an exacta favorite that is not a race time favorite and a pick 3 favorite that is not a race time favorite may mean something different. (Or not).

fmolf
03-20-2011, 07:00 PM
i also think the double pools are a better indicator of someone looking to hide some money on a horse than the p3....their are less variables and less spreading.

CincyHorseplayer
03-20-2011, 07:08 PM
i also think the double pools are a better indicator of someone looking to hide some money on a horse than the p3....their are less variables and less spreading.

I've noticed this too Fmolf.Looking at all the pools definitely puts you on horses to include in wagers,when if you didn't,you wouldn't.