PDA

View Full Version : Belmont Sunday 10-19

SAL
10-19-2003, 11:57 AM
My Sunday Belmont picks:

R1 - #8 Personal Touch-His last two on fast dirt were good. The last time he ran this distance he romped. Gets Velazquez, a jock he clicks with at around 30%.

R2 - #11 Glaciers End-Goes for new barn after a two year vacation. Husion is decent with long layoffs, plus he gets lasix. Trainer/jock combo is a good one too.

R3 - #3 Kings Empress-Battled 3 wide before just hanging on last time. I think she can control the pace again.

R4 - #1 Island Charm-Like this trainers stats with FTS. Trainer uses his go-to jock for this one.

R5 - #9 Kimster-Ran some excellent races in Florida before tailing off. May be rounding into form again. Price will be right. Also like #12 Some Irish Legend. This trainer always seems to pop up with prices in races like this.

R6 - #11 Northern Ballad – Didn’t strut his best stuff last time. Trainer does excellent with 2nd time out. Also gets lasix. Expecting better today. Also like #9 Anwar. Viollete gets Bailey to ride, so I think he’s very well meant.

R7 - #9 One Tuff Fox-Although Dutrow doesn’t excel with the dirt/turf move, this horse showed some promise as a 3yo. Been tearing up the track in morning drills, so that makes it worth a shot for me.

R8 - #5 Fast Decision-Another one that showed promise as a 3yo. Clemente excellent with L/O horses, gets a top jock, and a beatable ML favorite. A decent price is all that’s left for me to ask for.

R9 - #4 Artie Schiller-Can’t go against this one. Had tons of trouble in last race, but still managed to loop the field, on a fast last fraction to boot. Low price expected.

R10 - #9 Luminance-Bred for sod, this trainer excels with the dirt/turf move. I expect this one to be a factor from the get-go.

Que
10-20-2003, 06:08 AM
Sal,

Real nice pick in the 7th -- One Tuff Fox @ 32.60.

Que.

Valuist
10-20-2003, 03:31 PM
Sal-

2 for 10 but a good ROI. Any opinions yet on the Breeders Cup?