PDA

View Full Version : Twinspires, I need your help, please vote

Igeteven
03-16-2011, 11:57 PM
Today, I talked to one of the head men who run Twinspires, I need this poll to advise them of how the customer feels

When you use it, do you use the Pro or the Basic Wager Pad

Please this is very important, Changes can be done with your help.

Mechanic
03-17-2011, 01:27 AM
They both suck A$$, I upload most of my wagers so I have to use the classic view and that really sucks A$$, YOUBET was a much better wagering platform, it seems all the legal rebate ADWs are very limited as far as who they carry :mad: Thirty years of steady play and I am ready to throw in the towel, poker may be my new game. :bang:

freehouse2002
03-17-2011, 01:44 AM
I tried using Pro, but it just does not work like YB interface. I miss YB.

freehouse2002

plainolebill
03-17-2011, 01:49 AM
They both suck A$$, I upload most of my wagers so I have to use the classic view and that really sucks A$$, YOUBET was a much better wagering platform, it seems all the legal rebate ADWs are very limited as far as who they carry :mad: Thirty years of steady play and I am ready to throw in the towel, poker may be my new game. :bang:

I use Twinspires Express and it sucks like a tornado. I can't understand why they didn't just continue to use the original Youbet website and rebrand it. Instead I'm using a Youbet simulation which 75% of the time doesn't have the exacta matrix, and about half the time won't display the video - and it never shows the first flash or two of the tote. It's really @X$$@x frustrating. :mad:

Igeteven
03-17-2011, 02:20 AM

yes it sucks, however, I think I can get them to change it.

Kevroc
03-17-2011, 06:09 AM
I use classic at home, with one or two tracks playing on seperate Windows Media Player small windows.. I use TwinSpires TV on my phone when away from home.

dkithore
03-17-2011, 07:40 AM
First, the beta version (pro) I guess is just that. Unstable at best. Classic is okay but slow as well (for me, and that may be due to my internet connections).

Secondly, a strange thing happened a couple days ago, when Twinspire recorded my losing bets but not the winning bets (two). The staff responses ranged from, there is a glitch in the program and we are working on it to we will check with Australia tote and get back to you. I am frustrated and looking for option to ditch Twinspire for there unresponsiveness. after three phone calls, no action.

So, if you have clout with the higher ups, you may share my concerns as well.

DK

BillW
03-17-2011, 08:53 AM
Shouldn't they be able to collect use statistics from the site? I'm sure they know who is using what.

FenceBored
03-17-2011, 08:54 AM
Shouldn't they be able to collect use statistics from the site? I'm sure they know who is using what.

One would think.

lamboguy
03-17-2011, 08:57 AM
the YOUBET system was as geared to what players wanted. it was a very complex system that needed high level constant maintenance. yet that is what everyone wants.
the twinspires system makes it extremely tough to actually make a wager and that is the business they are in. try keeping up with 10 tracks at once, and you will get a headache moving around their site.

i recomended an already existing site that is operational right now, and they have chosen to go in their own direction. meaning they believe that their website is a good one in 2011 and that they are going to be able to make the changes and improvements to it to get it right. after watching what they have done in the last 4 months i highly doubt that they will be able to do anything with the platform that they are married to now.

personally it has become so difficult for me to navigate their platform that my total handle has dropped about 80% from where it was a year ago with youbet. i really think that whoever makes the decision's reguarding this betting platform must not bet horses on a regular basis. if he or she knew how tough they are making it to wager, i am sure they would throwout the whole system and either get the platform that i have reccomended or build a brand new one.

Igeteven
03-17-2011, 12:25 PM
the YOUBET system was as geared to what players wanted. it was a very complex system that needed high level constant maintenance. yet that is what everyone wants.
the twinspires system makes it extremely tough to actually make a wager and that is the business they are in. try keeping up with 10 tracks at once, and you will get a headache moving around their site.

i recomended an already existing site that is operational right now, and they have chosen to go in their own direction. meaning they believe that their website is a good one in 2011 and that they are going to be able to make the changes and improvements to it to get it right. after watching what they have done in the last 4 months i highly doubt that they will be able to do anything with the platform that they are married to now.

personally it has become so difficult for me to navigate their platform that my total handle has dropped about 80% from where it was a year ago with youbet. i really think that whoever makes the decision's reguarding this betting platform must not bet horses on a regular basis. if he or she knew how tough they are making it to wager, i am sure they would throwout the whole system and either get the platform that i have recommended or build a brand new one.

Yea, that's is the problem, I think they lost 75 percent of all youbet customers.

lamboguy
03-17-2011, 01:54 PM
Yea, that's is the problem, I think they lost 75 percent of all youbet customers.all the people that i have dealt with at churchill are real super guys. they all understand the problem's, but they are not the key decision makers. when they bought youbet i honestly thought that they wanted to be the tops in the industry. any player that i know that has used youbet or any other platform are having the very same problems that i have. twinspires is the only company that carries turf-stats that i use all the time. only problem is that it is not realiable. today i am having problems with every track's first race. that takes me away from betting the first race. i hate to tell you how many times i have been shut out because the postime clock is wrong.

as a result of the problems i have not only cut back the amount of my bets, i have cut back the amount of bets that i make.

the guy that i know with the website has the best around today, maybe not as complex as youbet's was, but it is very good. the guy also claims that he can do all they need the website to do.

sjk
03-17-2011, 02:44 PM
I use the upload draft and like it really well. I even use it when there is only one bet to make.

Unfortunately for most it takes some automation on the front end to get the bets prepped for the upload draft.

HUSKER55
03-17-2011, 04:38 PM
I only bet one track (health reasons) so I do OK. The part I don't understand is why they ditched YOUBET? It is the internet. What difference would it make where the "action" took place?

Obviously the employees had an interest but in terms of best possible product, I don't get it.

I wish I could say it was the only thing I didn't understand:D

PaceAdvantage
03-18-2011, 04:51 AM
Whenever I use twinspires, I use twinspires.com/tv

Very easy to follow and wager on multiple tracks with that interface, at least for me...YMMV

Tread
03-18-2011, 10:13 AM
I would use Pro if it worked the way it should.

For everyone saying Pro "sucks", I assume that is referring to the reliability of the functions (for instance, the exacta probables not loading, wager log not loading, etc) and not the concept itself.

Pro would be awesome if everything worked the way it was supposed to, but it obviously falls way short in that regard, and it has been many, many months now.

My advice to TS management? Spend the money, hire competent programmers and get the functionality working the way it is supposed to. It is a great product if it would just work.

Igeteven
03-18-2011, 09:21 PM
Whenever I use twinspires, I use twinspires.com/tv

Very easy to follow and wager on multiple tracks with that interface, at least for me...YMMV

I wish you didn't move this, Monday I will be talking to them again.

I need ammo to get something done.

PaceAdvantage
03-19-2011, 12:08 AM
I wish you didn't move this, Monday I will be talking to them again.

I need ammo to get something done.I didn't move it...it was another moderator...but that being said, the ADW section exists for a reason...to discuss ADWs, of which Twinspires is one...thus, this is the perfect place for this kind of thread.

Igeteven
03-19-2011, 01:28 AM
I didn't move it...it was another moderator...but that being said, the ADW section exists for a reason...to discuss ADWs, of which Twinspires is one...thus, this is the perfect place for this kind of thread.

I need all the posts I can get, Steve and I will read each one,

Ok.

carinovita
03-26-2011, 05:54 PM
I use basic. Actually, I bet off the TwinSpires TV module. I think it is cumbersome at best.

I'm a teller for an ADW. We have an internet wagering site called darkhorsebet.com I forced myself to use it for the past couple of months, and now I like it more than TwinSpires. None of these sites are perfect. I still keep my TwinSpires because I can get will pay information. And, occasionally they have a good promotion.

angman
03-30-2011, 03:15 PM
It seems to me that all of all the peoeple that are having the bigger problems its those who came over from Youbet. Although I have had some Video problems and I been with TS for a few years now.. I have to say in my dealing all of the people at TS are top of the line and the customer service cant be beat. I think in time all of this will be worked out on a higher level. The more people the site takes on, the slower things work..Have the faith , they are a great company .

Hammerhead
03-30-2011, 04:58 PM
I have very little luck. Extremly unstable, and got to watch every move to make sure I have the right horse right race right track. I have seen no improvment in months and expect to see none. I deal with PTC with no problems and only use TS for NY tracks. For a theoritical pro organization looks like kiddy hour.

eddie10
03-30-2011, 10:38 PM
I The youbet format they have is terrible I didn't realize how great youbet was until I lost it.I like thier youbet pro for betting.

"chicken today feathers tomorrow"

plainolebill
04-02-2011, 10:52 PM
I've noticed an improvement in the past week or so with Twinspires Express (Youbet clone). The site now spawns a seperate window for Express, the exotics usually come up and the video comes up without exception. So I'm much happier with them than I was.

Some things that still need to be addressed: Wager list will not update without changing tabs and coming back to wager list. Odds display takes a lot of time to come up on a new race and many times I need to switch to another race then back to the present race to get them displayed.

LemonSoupKid
04-03-2011, 05:03 PM
I'm thinking of joining one of these this year so I can watch the races and not have to worry about getting bets in by having to move to the OTB.

Would you guys recommend I join TwinSpires or wait another year?

shouldacoulda
05-02-2011, 10:41 PM
I use Twinspires Express and it sucks like a tornado. I can't understand why they didn't just continue to use the original Youbet website and rebrand it. Instead I'm using a Youbet simulation which 75% of the time doesn't have the exacta matrix, and about half the time won't display the video - and it never shows the first flash or two of the tote. It's really @X$$@x frustrating. :mad:

Agreed. I frequently get missing links for jockey trainer numbers or links that just don't work. The video freezes all the time. I have used 2 different computers and 3 different browsers and get the same aggrivating result. also in the express view the races and timers don't update most of the time.