PDA

View Full Version : Dutching

4thandlong
09-21-2001, 03:49 PM
Has anyone ever given dutching a serious workout? How did it go for you? Pros/cons?

Tom
09-21-2001, 04:27 PM
I usually dutch two horse per race-split 60-40 as a rule, but 50-50 or 80-20 or 70-30 depending on the odds.
I have been doing this for 10-15 years. I seldom bet only one horse. If the odds are too low for a dutch, I go to exactas, or, if I have a good longshot, I will bet win and place, three time the amount to place as to win.
Tom

PaceGuy
09-21-2001, 11:16 PM
If I have one or more contenders in a race, and if they are going off at good odds, I will dutch them all to win. If one is going off at short odds I throw that one out. This has proven successful for me over the years. I will not play any contender to place.

Every lengthy study that I have ever run using any method that I have ever looked at shows that in the long run you are far better off playing to win than to place or show.

anotherdave
09-22-2001, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by PaceGuy
If I have one or more contenders in a race, and if they are going off at good odds, I will dutch them all to win. If one is going off at short odds I throw that one out. This has proven successful for me over the years. I will not play any contender to place.

Every lengthy study that I have ever run using any method that I have ever looked at shows that in the long run you are far better off playing to win than to place or show.

Most of my records indicate the same. The profit on my win bets is almost always higher than on place bets. But I still play place in some circumstances. If I am making 30% ROI on win bets and 20% ROI on place bets (I wish!), I would be betting lots of place because my losing streaks would be shorter. Then I could bet a higher percentage of my bankroll - say 2% instead of 1%. That would give me a higher dollar profit.