PDA

View Full Version : Going to Gulfstream, Keeneland, and Saratoga...any tips?

tbwinner
03-15-2011, 11:47 PM
Hello all,

I've planned most of my trips for the year and those will be taking me to Gulfstream (end of this month), Keeneland (April), and Saratoga (July or August).

Out of the three, I've been to Keeneland for a race I was in last October as well as the November breeding sale but I didn't get to explore that much more of the track or the Lexington area (would like to take a farm tour if time allows). I'm in the Miami area for 4 days end of this month, Keeneland will likely be a one-night stay (coming from Chicago), and Saratoga probably a 2-night stay and a drive from Chicago.

So...any tips or must-sees? Thanks!

thespaah
03-16-2011, 12:32 AM
Hello all,

I've planned most of my trips for the year and those will be taking me to Gulfstream (end of this month), Keeneland (April), and Saratoga (July or August).

Out of the three, I've been to Keeneland for a race I was in last October as well as the November breeding sale but I didn't get to explore that much more of the track or the Lexington area (would like to take a farm tour if time allows). I'm in the Miami area for 4 days end of this month, Keeneland will likely be a one-night stay (coming from Chicago), and Saratoga probably a 2-night stay and a drive from Chicago.

Keeneland...First class operation. If yu are planning on going, make sure you procure yourself a seat in the grandstand. They are difficult to get as they do sell out quickly. I would imagine there are no seats left for the Bluegrass Stakes.....Anyway, a visit to Keeneland is a must. While there , take the time to visit one of the thoroughbred retirement farms in the area. I recommend "Old Friends".....
Saratoga....I am a veteran. This August I will be attending races for the 35th consecutive year. Check out my user name.
There's lots to do in and around Saratoga Springs. Check out the National Racing Museum across from the Grandstand Entrance on Union Ave...

JustRalph
03-16-2011, 01:14 AM

On the must see list, Keeneland, find out the day the UK Cheerleaders are there.

It's worth the admission, believe me.

thespaah
03-16-2011, 11:46 AM
On the must see list, Keeneland, find out the day the UK Cheerleaders are there.

It's worth the admission, believe me.Yes. How could I forget. There is a remarkable amount of "talent" at Keeneland.