PDA

View Full Version : The Dubai World Cup - 26th March 2011

precocity
03-15-2011, 12:22 PM
anybody exited about the world cup? and are you going to bet on the card..for some strange reason I always get lucky on world cup day...and cant wait to wake up at 8am and pop me a cold one :D

Richie
03-15-2011, 04:02 PM
You and me both, some of the best turf racing outside of the BC, big prices too.

slew101
03-15-2011, 05:53 PM
Add me to the list. Love betting the WC card. You can invest very small amounts and still make a big score.

I've had luck with the sprint and World Cup, but those turf races are so tough. Although I've learned to toss the US horses. Even English Channel wasn't competitive over there and he came back to win the BC Turf.

Niko
03-17-2011, 10:18 PM
Love the world cup but not sure about the synthetic surface .....do I bet the longshot locals this year or just pass those races and stick to the turf? I'm thinking only turf as the synthetic results last year really threw me off for the most part.

Valuist
03-18-2011, 11:01 AM
Love the world cup but not sure about the synthetic surface .....do I bet the longshot locals this year or just pass those races and stick to the turf? I'm thinking only turf as the synthetic results last year really threw me off for the most part.

While I'm not a fan of synthetic, I wouldn't let a few isolated races from last year throw you off. If you have strong opinions, fire away.

precocity
03-23-2011, 11:05 AM
getting my bank roll ready...bang...bang...bang!!!! :D looks like a great race card!!!!! :ThmbUp:

TommyCh
03-23-2011, 11:55 AM
BIG day!
Intensity like Kentucky Derby and Breeders Cup weekends. Then Louisiana Downs the same day.

Anybody have the lowdown on Past Performances availability and television? Will TVG have it again?

P.S. WHEN is TVG going to go high-definition?

Richie
03-23-2011, 12:15 PM
It's on TVG again. anyone see PP's yet?

Linny
03-23-2011, 12:21 PM
PP's are not yet up, from what I can see.

I'm looking forward to the card.

Beachbabe
03-23-2011, 12:39 PM
Try this site: http://amwestentertainment.com/dubai-racing/recaps/free-pps

Right now the pp's for Mar 26 aren't up.

olddaddy
03-23-2011, 01:20 PM
I have heard the pp's wont be out till tomorrow.

precocity
03-23-2011, 01:23 PM
http://www.dubairacingclub.com/racing-information/form-guide?id=2437&tab=0

if this helps????

duncan04
03-23-2011, 02:07 PM
BIG day!
Intensity like Kentucky Derby and Breeders Cup weekends. Then Louisiana Downs the same day.

Anybody have the lowdown on Past Performances availability and television? Will TVG have it again?

P.S. WHEN is TVG going to go high-definition?

Why would TVG go to high-definition if most tracks aren't?? They use the track feeds to show racing so if its not in HD its pointless to make TVG HD

TommyCh
03-23-2011, 03:40 PM
Why would TVG go to high-definition if most tracks aren't?? They use the track feeds to show racing so if its not in HD its pointless to make TVG HD

Some tracks are in HD, although TVG's signal affiliations go a long way in determining what they do. Churchill is in HD and Arlington might be. I believe Saratoga is too. Perhaps more of them in the summer. But not only that, the studio shows as well. They look particularly bad when you are watching their non-HD on an HD big-screen system. They're probably too cheap to pay for the bandwidth. Don't know about HRTV -- don't get that channel.

gm10
03-23-2011, 03:43 PM

The Tapeta surface is pretty much like most synthetic tracks in the US these days. You usually don't want your horse to sit too far off the pace or be a deep closer. Tactical speed is important.

Dahoss9698
03-23-2011, 10:14 PM
Cape Blanco in the World Cup is the most interesting entrant on the card IMO. I don't know how many horses Coolmore has ever run in Dubai, but I can't imagine its many and I can't imagine they would send him there unless he's doing really well.

NTamm1215
03-24-2011, 04:57 AM
If there was exchange wagering in the US, betting against Cape Blanco in the World Cup would probably be one of the best bets in the history of betting.

Some_One
03-24-2011, 08:19 AM
R2 Al Quoz Sprint - Go against JJ at your own risk
R3 Godolphin Mile - Not much speed aside from Conyenance in here. I like Red Jazz, 3rd to Poet's Voice and Rip Van Winkle in the QEII at Ascot last year. Sire had 33% winners of horses who ran on poly last year in North America, really not much other classy horses in this field.
R4 UAE Derby - I see that the Georgian dictator is now the owner of Sweet Ducky, lol, I wonder if he'll send to the Ky Derby if he wins...if I can get 12s, I'll take it, but I have a feeling in the US pools he will be fav. For a price, I'll take Utley, horrible trip last year in the Juvie Turf, sire was #6 in North America for poly track runners, his 108 RPR last year in France is already near the top of this field, any improvement due to age/surface will put him over the top.
R5 Golden Shaaen - Tough race, Rocket Man is one of the best sprinters in the world but always seems to come up a little short. I believe the best sprinters come from HK (sorry Black Caviar), so Dynamic Blitz and Sunny King are the ones at a price I'll go with.
R6 Duty Free - Royal Bench for me here, I can't go with Previs at a short price, always slow out of the gate and has tough trips, and as for Victor's Cry, hopefully people have learned never to bet a US based horse in Dubai on the turf course, they always take lots of money and finish up the track. RB had too much to do in HK mile when 2nd, has run terribly on the soft ground in France, but did have a decent win in a stakes race over a firm mile last summer so I think ground is key for this one. The aforementioned HK Mile winner Beauty Flash seems to have gotten his act together, respect.
R7 Sheema Classic - Race lost some appeal with the defection of Snow Fairy this week, look to HK again for the clues, Redwood finished behind Mastery, but was ahead of Melbourne Cup winner Americain in the Vase, unlucky 3rd in the crazy finish in last year's Canadian International. Dangerous Midge has to be respected, but probably will be overbet, the other Americans have no shot, Rewilding needs a very fast pace.
R8 Dubai World Cup - Looking in the past with 1 DWC and 2 BC"s over poly in the books, two things that stand out is form over the track seems to be important (Zenyatta, Gloria De Campeno, Lizard's Desire) and if you're going to go turf to dirt, take a miler over a 12f horse (Raven's Pass, Henrythenavitagor, Twice Over). Twice Over is going strong and is a legit fav. To oppose, I'll take QEII winner last year Poet's Voice at 20-1, hopefully Dettori can get him over and relaxed early, but there isn't much pace so I want a horse near the front to get first run late. Another Godolphin horse that'll be close to the pace that you can use is Monterosso.

netbet
03-24-2011, 09:45 AM
I love betting the World Cup card.

Although I am not a huge fan of the all weather tracks...I find the Meydan course to be okay and the turf races are fantastic.

I am looking at a few in the big race.

I will bet against Twice Over as he will be the favorite.
I can't bet Fly Down as I never thought much of him here in the U.S.
Gio Ponti is always dangerous but the long layoff worries me.

My top 3 will be:

#13- Buena Vista is the lone female runner in this field. This runner is the 2010 Japan Horse of the Year and champion older mare.

#9- Transcend is another runner from Japan and has won 3 straight races.

#7- Musir may be the most logical upsetter given that this one has been prepping at Meydan. It is interesting that Christophe Soumillon stays with this runner instead of Buena Vista.

Patrick

precocity
03-24-2011, 11:17 AM
I love betting the World Cup card.

Although I am not a huge fan of the all weather tracks...I find the Meydan course to be okay and the turf races are fantastic.

I am looking at a few in the big race.

I will bet against Twice Over as he will be the favorite.
I can't bet Fly Down as I never thought much of him here in the U.S.
Gio Ponti is always dangerous but the long layoff worries me.

My top 3 will be:

#13- Buena Vista is the lone female runner in this field. This runner is the 2010 Japan Horse of the Year and champion older mare.

#9- Transcend is another runner from Japan and has won 3 straight races.

#7- Musir may be the most logical upsetter given that this one has been prepping at Meydan. It is interesting that Christophe Soumillon stays with this runner instead of Buena Vista.

Patrick
going to bet big on musir!!!!!!!!!!!! :ThmbUp:

OTM Al
03-24-2011, 11:43 AM
Race #2: JJ is clearly the class of this field, but I like him a lot more if this is 6f rather than 5f. Deserving favorite but not a lock. War Artist may be worth a look. American runner Stradivinsky fits here as well. Use Picadilly Filly underneath at a price. Would be more interested in Mr Gruff if he had some recency.

Race #3: Going to give Skysurfers the slightest of edges here over Red Jazz, though both should be used in the top spot simply from recency, though Red Jazz came back strong of the layoff last year and looks to be the class here. I Want Revenge should be in the mix but can't use him on top. Imbongi underneath as well.

Race #4: I like the fillies in this one. Reem already has a win on the track at the distance. Also like Mahbooba in the top spot. Khawlah should run well also. Will not use Xin Xu Lin. Do not trust his SA form as his best running has been on heavy turf courses.

Race #5: Going with the Sha Tin contingent here as they look to be in good form. Use Dynamic Blitz and Rocket Man on top with Sunny King underneath. Kinsale King could repeat but he's going to get over bet so staying away from him in the verticals

Race #6: I find Mendip's placement here discouraging and will leave him out. Better Than Ever is 14 wins from 15 starts with multiple group 1s (albeit in Singapore) but he doesn't look like he wants the 9f. Wigmore Hall may be the price play here. Will also use Presvis and River Jetez on top here. Beauty Flash, Tazeez and Strawberrydaiquiri will also be players in a very competitive race.

Race #7: Another tough race. I'm tossing Dangerous Midge. I don't think the BC was a good renewal this year and the fact that he ran in the Newbury Arc Trial, simply shouts that he isn't a top class animal. I like Rewilding off the layoff. Redwood will be running strong with Chinchon at the end, so will have both underneath. Will also use Rulership in all spots as I expect him to be sitting in a good spot and get first run.

Race #8: Victoire Pisa looks ready to win big in this one. Twice Over looks in great form as well. That's your exacta. I'm a fan of Cape Blanco, who has shown the ability to come back strong from a layoff, so he will be in play. Gio Ponti will be around underneath as well. Monterosso will get a good tracking trip, so can upset, but will need luck. Flydown will still be running next Saturday....

precocity
03-24-2011, 12:01 PM
Flydown will still be running next Saturday.... :lol:

slew101
03-24-2011, 12:25 PM
Anyone like I Want Revenge in the Mile? I know Dutrow wanted him in the World Cup, but this seems to be a better spot. His last in the Donn was a decent effort and the cutback might be what he needs.

Dutrow used similar tactics with Diamond Stripes a few years back, cutting back to a mile after running in longer races to win in Dubai.

nijinski
03-24-2011, 05:49 PM
Laheeb and Champ Pegasus , for the only race i checked so far .

Some_One
03-24-2011, 09:24 PM
Anyone like I Want Revenge in the Mile? I know Dutrow wanted him in the World Cup, but this seems to be a better spot. His last in the Donn was a decent effort and the cutback might be what he needs.

Dutrow used similar tactics with Diamond Stripes a few years back, cutting back to a mile after running in longer races to win in Dubai.

What was the record of NY/East coast horses in the 2 BC's on the SA poly? Not good at all, give me a turf horse before I take a dirt to poly horse....plus for IWR, he's been so off form, not sure even Dutrow can pull this miracle off.

gm10
03-24-2011, 09:53 PM
There's a placepot on Meydan next Saturday. The placepot is one of my favourite bets.
The returns are likely to be massive on such a competitive card.

Dahoss9698
03-24-2011, 10:24 PM
What was the record of NY/East coast horses in the 2 BC's on the SA poly? Not good at all, give me a turf horse before I take a dirt to poly horse....plus for IWR, he's been so off form, not sure even Dutrow can pull this miracle off.

The difference of course is that I Want Revenge has some established form on synthetic tracks and most of the dirt horses that went to Santa Anita didn't. Plus, wasn't his effort in the Donn his best in a long time?

toussaud
03-24-2011, 11:09 PM
I like for kinsale to repeat, going to go with buna vista in the world cup, still thinking about the rest. nice to see coolmore representing down there.

toussaud
03-24-2011, 11:10 PM
The difference of course is that I Want Revenge has some established form on synthetic tracks and most of the dirt horses that went to Santa Anita didn't. Plus, wasn't his effort in the Donn his best in a long time?
I want revenge's worst races were on synthetic. That was the whole point on going to NY. that's a horse that would just have to prove me wrong

eastie
03-24-2011, 11:36 PM
If there was exchange wagering in the US, betting against Cape Blanco in the World Cup would probably be one of the best bets in the history of betting.

please elaborate:confused:

Dahoss9698
03-24-2011, 11:51 PM
I want revenge's worst races were on synthetic. That was the whole point on going to NY. that's a horse that would just have to prove me wrong

You're exaggerating a bit and I know why he went to NY. I agree he's better on dirt, but he has handled synth before. The point was this is a totally different situation than the east coast horses going to Santa Anita to run in the Breeders Cup.

toussaud
03-25-2011, 12:16 AM
You're exaggerating a bit and I know why he went to NY. I agree he's better on dirt, but he has handled synth before. The point was this is a totally different situation than the east coast horses going to Santa Anita to run in the Breeders Cup.
ok

buffaloxp
03-25-2011, 12:33 AM
ROCKET MAN AND BETTER THAN EVER the best two

GaryG
03-25-2011, 07:01 AM
In the World Cup I really like :14: GOLDEN SWORD. Betting him to win and place and a :13: :14: exacta box.

JBmadera
03-25-2011, 07:06 AM
In the World Cup I really like :14: GOLDEN SWORD. Betting him to win and place and a :13: :14: exacta box.

just made a very similar wager: ex :13: ,:14: /:7: ,:13: :14: but I bet the :13: to win. worried Moore will be over bet but with huge field I still think I will get > 5-1.

should be a great early morning of racing!

precocity
03-25-2011, 09:11 AM
cant wait for tomorrow morning man didnt even bet the rebel stakes or last week just to unload on Dubai...didnt that brazilian horse win the cup last year at huge odds???? what about that japanese mare running? she has made a bankroll for her owners at the track...6mill...

OTM Al
03-25-2011, 09:19 AM

Beware the wise guy pick. This horse was absolutely destroyed when he faced this level of competition and didn't even do well at the group 3 level. He had one huge race on this surface, but the rest of his career has not been strong.

Shelby
03-25-2011, 09:34 AM
cant wait for tomorrow morning man didnt even bet the rebel stakes or last week just to unload on Dubai...didnt that brazilian horse win the cup last year at huge odds???? what about that japanese mare running? she has made a bankroll for her owners at the track...6mill...Buena Vista! I really like her.

I'm going to get my hair done and am bringing Dubai pp's to work on while there. Bet that's a first for my beautician lol.

I've read a bit about the tapeta surface. It's not as synthetic-y as ours here in the States? Thoughts anyone?

NTamm1215
03-25-2011, 11:27 AM
Beware the wise guy pick. This horse was absolutely destroyed when he faced this level of competition and didn't even do well at the group 3 level. He had one huge race on this surface, but the rest of his career has not been strong.

I think the whole point of liking him is believing that the Golden Sword at this year's Carnival is vastly different from the one we saw in 2010.

He is going to have to step up but his win last time out was awfully good and if he moves forward off it he'll be dangerous.

I'm betting Buena Vista.

OTM Al
03-25-2011, 12:06 PM
I think the whole point of liking him is believing that the Golden Sword at this year's Carnival is vastly different from the one we saw in 2010.

He is going to have to step up but his win last time out was awfully good and if he moves forward off it he'll be dangerous.

I'm betting Buena Vista.

Buena Vista should be tough as she is a wonderful runner, but I think Victoire Pisa has caught up with her. As great as Golden Sword did look in that race though, it was only an allowance. Twice Over was rated even better in his prep on the track in a Group level race (119 vs 106). Much easier to look good against weaker competition. He's making an enormous jump up in class in this race. With others who have banged heads and succeeded at a world class level getting prices that you won't come close to getting the rest of the year, I think they will be much the better overall value than Golden Sword. There's always a wise guy horse and this time it's him. These horses almost never win.

olddaddy
03-25-2011, 12:15 PM
Since advance wagering is going on, shouldn't current pools and odds be shown ?

joanied
03-25-2011, 12:16 PM
HELP.... can someone please tell me where to watch the Dubia card on TV...I can't find that info any place...I don't wanna miss it.

Thanks!!

OTM Al
03-25-2011, 12:19 PM
Since advance wagering is going on, shouldn't current pools and odds be shown ?

Don't fixate on the American pool numbers. You want to look at good betting numbers, go to attheraces.com and see what action is being taken on the runners by the books. There will be a little bias toward Brit runners but no where near as big a skew as the American pools have to US runners.

olddaddy
03-25-2011, 12:19 PM
The card is being shown on both Tvg and Hrtv.

joanied
03-25-2011, 12:43 PM
The card is being shown on both Tvg and Hrtv.

Thank you...I finally did find it on the Tv scheduel for both TVG & HRTV...because of the time difference, I was in a panic that I'd screw it up...I think I'll opt for watching it on HRTV...better picture quality and I prefer it over TVG...now I'll set the Tv to record.

Thanks again.

I hope the races are more exciting than last year, with the synthetic in place...we all noticed that every race last year was a field of horses all bunched up until the stretch...made for boring races until the stretch run.

yet...I can't wait:jump:

olddaddy
03-25-2011, 01:01 PM
Don't fixate on the American pool numbers. You want to look at good betting numbers, go to attheraces.com and see what action is being taken on the runners by the books. There will be a little bias toward Brit runners but no where near as big a skew as the American pools have to US runners.

I do look at what is going on at the english books but would just like to see what is going on in the pools I will be wagering in. Value should be out there as long as one can pick the right value nag.

OTM Al
03-25-2011, 01:54 PM
I do look at what is going on at the english books but would just like to see what is going on in the pools I will be wagering in. Value should be out there as long as one can pick the right value nag.

Then you are already one step ahead! Value will definitely be out there. Think the turf sprint is the only one with a overwhelming legit favorite and even he is vulnerable at the distance.

joanied
03-25-2011, 02:42 PM
I have a tough time with these races every year...being a biased American :) I want all the USA horses to win...but, for what it's worth, my picks are:

Race2;
War Artist
Stradavinski
Mr. Gruf

Race3:
I Want Revenge
Skysurfers
Make Music For Me

Race4:
Mahbooba
Xin Xu Lin (how in hell to you pronounce this name:D )
Sweet Ducky

Race5:
Kinsale King (I want to see O' Callahan go crazy again!!)
Rocket Man
Euroears

Race6:
Raihana
Victor's Cry
Mendip

Race7:
Champ Pegasus
Bourban Bay
Redwood

Race8:
Gio Ponti
Buena Vista
Fly Down
Richard's Kid

Good luck to everyone...gotta get up early in the morning;) ...I really hope Gio Ponti finally wins the Classic!!

olddaddy
03-25-2011, 05:00 PM
Is there a means to find out from the Dubai pp's if a sprint race is run on the straight at the foreign tracks?

nearco
03-25-2011, 05:56 PM
Is there a means to find out from the Dubai pp's if a sprint race is run on the straight at the foreign tracks?

What tracks?

olddaddy
03-25-2011, 06:04 PM
Hong Kong and Singapore

nearco
03-25-2011, 06:26 PM
Hong Kong and Singapore

Sha Tin (HK) is right handed and involves one turn in sprints on both turf and AW. Kranji (Sing) is left handed and involves one turn in sprints on both of the turf courses and the also on the AW.

olddaddy
03-25-2011, 06:41 PM
Sha Tin (HK) is right handed and involves one turn in sprints on both turf and AW. Kranji (Sing) is left handed and involves one turn in sprints on both of the turf courses and the also on the AW.

Thank you so much.

precocity
03-25-2011, 06:57 PM
I love to play the Dubai world cup and I think I'm a decent handicapper but I must admit this card is tuff nothing really jumps out at me.... :confused:

Rackon
03-25-2011, 07:57 PM
Are the Dubai races webcast online this year?

I HATE Brighthouse, they don't offer the horse racing channels, and the OTB ain't open til lunch.

beertapper
03-25-2011, 09:12 PM
Are the Dubai races webcast online this year?

I HATE Brighthouse, they don't offer the horse racing channels, and the OTB ain't open til lunch.

DRF will stream the entire card

Jasonm921
03-25-2011, 09:43 PM
On a side note if Gio Ponti wins he will be very close to Curlin's career earnings mark. For those who care.

horses4courses
03-25-2011, 09:52 PM
On a side note if Gio Ponti wins he will be very close to Curlin's career earnings mark. For those who care.

I seem to recall in the heat of the Zenyatta debate, GP was referred to, by some on PA, as just another "Z conquest tomato can". Twice Over belongs to the same club, if my memory serves me right.

GP is a very talented, and versatile, horse, but he has a tough task tomorrow.

Dahoss9698
03-25-2011, 10:00 PM
I seem to recall in the heat of the Zenyatta debate, GP was referred to, by some on PA, as just another "Z conquest tomato can". Twice Over belongs to the same club, if my memory serves me right.

GP is a very talented, and versatile, horse, but he has a tough task tomorrow.

I don't remember anyone referring to him as a tomato can.

Richie
03-25-2011, 10:10 PM
lots of,review the last week or so
happy dubai
as de trebol
master of hounds
dynamic blitz
royal bench
irish flame
gitano hernando
many reasons to like them, I can be here all day
good luck

Shelby
03-25-2011, 10:45 PM
Happy Dubai WC Day!!! :)

I'm still not sure exactly what I'm going to play...I like to do the 10 cent supers. But, I want to post my top picks just to see. AND, I'm not posting in order...just my top faves.

2. Stradivinsky
Quick Enough
Mr. Gruff
Sole Power

3. Conveyance -- I Want Revenge
As de Trebol
Imbongi
Skysurfers

4. Xin Xu Lin
Reem
Splash Point
Mahbooba

5. Rocket Man
Dim Sum
Euroears
Charlie's Moment

6. TOUGH RACE for me to pick

I like Beauty Flash, Mendip and and and lol...have to do more work tomorrow

7. Champ Pegasus
Laaheb
Calvados Blues
Dangerous Midge

8. Buena Vista
Fly Down
Gio Ponti
Musir
Twice Over

toussaud
03-25-2011, 11:24 PM
I love me some conveyance, hope he pulls it out tomorrow. he ran good last time for his first race in almost a year

PaceAdvantage
03-26-2011, 12:07 AM
I don't remember anyone referring to him as a tomato can.Neither do I, but some folks just like to make stuff up. It sounds better that way I suppose...

precocity
03-26-2011, 08:25 AM
ready to fire away good luck to all!!!!!!!! bang,,bang,, :ThmbUp:

olddaddy
03-26-2011, 08:41 AM
Kinsale King scratched in 5th.

horses4courses
03-26-2011, 08:50 AM
Meydan 3-26-11

R2 #11 JJ The Jet Plane $50 WIN

R5 #9 Rocket Man $50 WIN

R6 #3 River Jetez $25 WIN

R7 #8 Rewilding $50 WIN

R8 #6 Victoire Pisa $25 WIN

$200 wagered

Good luck!

toussaud
03-26-2011, 09:23 AM
Meydan 3-26-11

R5 #9 Rocket Man $50 WIN

R7 #8 Rewilding $50 WIN

$200 wagered

Good luck!nice hit

Bubbles
03-26-2011, 09:26 AM
I'll probably only be betting on the World Cup, and with that in mind, Cape Blanco looks intriguing at 10-1 ML. He IS coming off a layoff, but the last time he ran off a similar break, he thumped Workforce in a G2. His best could very well win this.

toussaud
03-26-2011, 09:29 AM
one thing that reminds the same about that place, horses that have a race over, trumps overall talent. you want to key in on horses that have a race over that tapeta surface

Someone is killing I want revenge

rastajenk
03-26-2011, 09:42 AM
I don't know how anyone can support such wretched excess in good conscience.

Shelby
03-26-2011, 09:44 AM
I keyed Conveyance on this one....hope he comes in.

gm10
03-26-2011, 09:45 AM
Godolphin Mile.

I think Red Jazz is the one to beat.

UAE Derby.

I usually dislike backing Aidan O'Brien's horse outside of IRE/GB, but since he is going to want to make an impression on his come back here, and since he has got off to a flying start in Ireland, I reckon I'd better change my approach for this meet.
One horse I like a lot today is Master Of Hounds. He's a good horse, this isn't the greatest field, and he's available at 12/1.
Xin Xu Lin is intriguing.

Golden Shaheen.

Kinsale King is out.
Rocket Man has an impressive resume and deserves to finally pick up a race of this calibre.
Euroears was very fast in his last race. GReen Birdie, Sunny King respected.
Charlie's Moment is very interesting at a massive price. This is a good horse imo.

Duty Free.

Wigmore Hall, Presvis, Mendip and Bankable have claims. I'm going to go with Royal Bench however, who is still improving and (I think) will benefit from racing on firmer ground.

Sheema.

No big opinions. Dangerous Midge wasn't a fluke in the BC imo. My win bet in this race is Redwood.

Dubai World Cup.

Twice Over the favourite - everyone seems to have forgotten that he had no chance with Gio Ponto in the Classic (synthetic surface).
Cape Blanco - can't make up my mind about him, he is unbeaten over 10F and his pedigree suggests this surface won't be a problem, but he's been beaten quite badly on some of the bigger occasions.
Gitano Hernando is a top horse but either he has lost a step, or has been really slow in coming round this winter. Will need the race to suit.
Fly Down. Not sure why he had that prep in the Donn. Pointless imo, the GP dirt is a jarring surface that resembled the old Nad dirt, but it is nothing like the kind Tapeta at Meydan. Still a likeable horse though. Could pick up a few pieces if there is a pace meltdown.
Musir. Has been beaten a few times lately, hard to see him turning the tables with Twice Over.
Poets Voice. Frankie takes the ride, so you have to take note of that. Has quite a bit of tactical speed, but will need to be calm and relaxed to see out the distance.
Richard's Kid. A very solid horse imo, who would have done better last year if the pace had been more genuine.
Victoire Pisa. I think this horse actually ran a very decent Arc. He's versatile and has already beaten the strong mare Buena Vista, so he's definitely interesting.

A very deep World cup where every horse has at least some sort of chance. At the prices, I'd go with Gio Ponti and Victoire Pisa.

toussaud
03-26-2011, 09:55 AM
i want revenge finished 10th. about what i expected. wanted more out of conveyance. make music for me finished better than both

Shelby
03-26-2011, 10:09 AM
i want revenge finished 10th. about what i expected. wanted more out of conveyance. make music for me finished better than both

Where did Conveyance finish? It's hard to see with everyone wearing the same color.

Some_One
03-26-2011, 10:13 AM
I thought he was just nosed out for 3rd

toussaud
03-26-2011, 10:16 AM
Where did Conveyance finish? It's hard to see with everyone wearing the same color.
2 or 3 spots ahead of i want revenge.

nearco
03-26-2011, 10:18 AM
The winner of the Carlos Pellegrini, the South American equivelant of the the ARC or BC Classic, is running in the next race against 3yos :eek: :eek:

toussaud
03-26-2011, 10:22 AM
The winner of the Carlos Pellegrini, the South American equivelant of the the ARC or BC Classic, is running in the next race against 3yos :eek: :eek:
5-1

gm10
03-26-2011, 10:35 AM
That Mikael Barzalona is a hugely talented jockey. A natural.

toussaud
03-26-2011, 10:39 AM
if only that master of hounds would have showed up to churchill downs :bang:

gm10
03-26-2011, 10:47 AM
if only that master of hounds would have showed up to churchill downs :bang:

Maybe he did. This wasn't a great field.

Tom
03-26-2011, 10:58 AM
Race 5 - :5::9:

Both have races in Dubai and the figs to win it.

toussaud
03-26-2011, 11:03 AM
u have to be kidding me

GaryG
03-26-2011, 11:03 AM
In the 5th I like :6: SUNNY KING. He can close and has been facing some good company.

toussaud
03-26-2011, 11:09 AM
if that race was on dirt euroears wins by as many as he wants.

HRTV decides west rock coffee's first call is more important than the dubai world cup coverage

Some_One
03-26-2011, 01:04 PM
When will people stop betting US based horses on the turf in Dubai? I think CC and BB were near the tail of the field by a long margin.

beertapper
03-26-2011, 01:49 PM
emotional win for Japan ! a much needed morale boost..

toussaud
03-26-2011, 01:50 PM
no comments on the dubai world cup? man this is awesome to watch. sheikh mo hugging the woman crying was awesome

gm10
03-26-2011, 01:52 PM
I thought it was an awesome day's racing.
Really top notch, a proper winter championship.

toussaud
03-26-2011, 01:53 PM
who won the sheema classic? I took a cat nap

gm10
03-26-2011, 01:54 PM
who won the sheema classic? I took a cat nap
Rewilding

http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse-racing/rewilding-wins-sheema-to-land-godolphin-treble/834219/top/

Shelby
03-26-2011, 02:00 PM
That was exciting!

toussaud
03-26-2011, 02:01 PM
Godolphin Mile.

I think Red Jazz is the one to beat.

UAE Derby.

I usually dislike backing Aidan O'Brien's horse outside of IRE/GB, but since he is going to want to make an impression on his come back here, and since he has got off to a flying start in Ireland, I reckon I'd better change my approach for this meet.
One horse I like a lot today is Master Of Hounds. He's a good horse, this isn't the greatest field, and he's available at 12/1.
Xin Xu Lin is intriguing.

Golden Shaheen.

Kinsale King is out.
Rocket Man has an impressive resume and deserves to finally pick up a race of this calibre.
Euroears was very fast in his last race. GReen Birdie, Sunny King respected.
Charlie's Moment is very interesting at a massive price. This is a good horse imo.

Duty Free.

Wigmore Hall, Presvis, Mendip and Bankable have claims. I'm going to go with Royal Bench however, who is still improving and (I think) will benefit from racing on firmer ground.

Sheema.

No big opinions. Dangerous Midge wasn't a fluke in the BC imo. My win bet in this race is Redwood.

Dubai World Cup.

Twice Over the favourite - everyone seems to have forgotten that he had no chance with Gio Ponto in the Classic (synthetic surface).
Cape Blanco - can't make up my mind about him, he is unbeaten over 10F and his pedigree suggests this surface won't be a problem, but he's been beaten quite badly on some of the bigger occasions.
Gitano Hernando is a top horse but either he has lost a step, or has been really slow in coming round this winter. Will need the race to suit.
Fly Down. Not sure why he had that prep in the Donn. Pointless imo, the GP dirt is a jarring surface that resembled the old Nad dirt, but it is nothing like the kind Tapeta at Meydan. Still a likeable horse though. Could pick up a few pieces if there is a pace meltdown.
Musir. Has been beaten a few times lately, hard to see him turning the tables with Twice Over.
Poets Voice. Frankie takes the ride, so you have to take note of that. Has quite a bit of tactical speed, but will need to be calm and relaxed to see out the distance.
Richard's Kid. A very solid horse imo, who would have done better last year if the pace had been more genuine.
Victoire Pisa. I think this horse actually ran a very decent Arc. He's versatile and has already beaten the strong mare Buena Vista, so he's definitely interesting.

A very deep World cup where every horse has at least some sort of chance. At the prices, I'd go with Gio Ponti and Victoire Pisa.
goog pick in the classic

toussaud
03-26-2011, 02:04 PM
93 thousand pick 1 dollar superfecta in the world cup

GatetoWire
03-26-2011, 02:53 PM
Hard to believe that Victoire Pisa could be 17-1!!
Look at his recent form....just as good...if not better than the favorites....plus he's a 4 year old who looks to be hitting his best stride.
How many 3 year olds even race in the Arc let alone hold their own.

Thanks CJ!!!!! All of your poly track advice in your posts plus some old fashioned handicapping got me a huge score in the win and exacta pools.

toussaud
03-26-2011, 02:59 PM
Hard to believe that Victoire Pisa could be 17-1!!
Look at his recent form....just as good...if not better than the favorites....plus he's a 4 year old who looks to be hitting his best stride.

Thanks CJ!!!!! All of your poly track advice in your posts plus some old fashioned handicapping got me a huge score in the win and exacta pools.
http://hyattworks.com/assets/samples/branding/redboardcafe_banner.jpg

toussaud
03-26-2011, 03:02 PM
Just pulling your chain man glad you had a good day.

surprised buna vista just flat out didn't' run a step

nearco
03-26-2011, 03:15 PM

This is a joke, right?

Grits
03-26-2011, 03:25 PM
http://www.drf.com/news/dubai-world-cup-victoire-pisa-leads-one-two-finish-japanese-horses

Victoire Pisa, by the Sunday Silence stallion Neo Universe, has won 8 of 13 starts and $12,896,372, earning $6 million from Saturday’s race. The colt has run in some of Europe and Asia’s top races in the last six months.;)

The fact that his grandsire is U.S. champion and Hall of Famer, Sunday Silence, along with noting the sorrow and devastation that the people of Japan have endured in recent days these two points alone should be enough to soften the heart of any player. But then, too, I could be dead wrong.

Beachbabe
03-26-2011, 03:29 PM
Meydan 3-26-11

R5 #9 Rocket Man $50 WIN

R7 #8 Rewilding $50 WIN

$200 wagered

Good luck!

Excellent picking...4 winners !!!

GatetoWire
03-26-2011, 03:33 PM
Just pulling your chain man glad you had a good day.

surprised buna vista just flat out didn't' run a step

Sorry for the obvious boasting/excitement. I switched from harness to t-bred permanently a year ago and it has been a big learning curve.
I am not close to getting on the same level I was at with harness but I am finally getting more confident and this was my first really good score since I started playing t-bred only.
This board has been a huge help in breaking down some of the areas that I needed to spend time on to improve my play.
Hopefully the nice scores will be more frequent and I won't feel the urge to shout out to the world when they hit.

There isn't anything better than the feeling you get after looking at a race, making the right play and then seeing it unfold for some nice cash. It's what keeps us playing!!!!!

nearco
03-26-2011, 03:34 PM
Excellent picking...4 winners !!!

Agreed, that's some damn good handicapping. Nice work h4cs!!

Grits
03-26-2011, 03:45 PM
Ramon Dominguez, aboard Gio Ponti, said the American champion was compromised by the lack of pace. Gio Ponti ran fourth in last year's World Cup.

"It's very unfair; they're going extremely, extremely slow and I feel my horse was taken out of his game," Dominguez said. "Turning for home his kick, of course, isn't going to be as effective. Everybody was kind of sprinting home.”

Read more: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/62133/victoire-pisa-wins-world-cup-for-japan#ixzz1HjjJnwE9

cj
03-26-2011, 03:48 PM
Read more: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/62133/victoire-pisa-wins-world-cup-for-japan#ixzz1HjjJnwE9

What a shock that a 1 1/4 race on synthetics would have no pace!

Tom
03-26-2011, 04:03 PM
It wouldn't be an international event without some whine.:rolleyes:

gm10
03-26-2011, 04:05 PM
Great handicapping, horses4courses and also OTM AI.

horses4courses
03-26-2011, 04:07 PM
Agreed, that's some damn good handicapping. Nice work h4cs!!

QUOTE=Beachbabe]Excellent picking...4 winners !!![/QUOTE]

To quote the great Elvis Presley: "Thank you very much"

Have you heard the one about the blind squirrel finding a nut?

GatetoWire
03-26-2011, 04:24 PM
This is a joke, right?
Oops!!!
I didn't realize that a 3 year old has won the Arc 16 times since 1990.
I just always associated the race with the 3 year old and UP part.

Guess it's time to go back and re-read Alan Shuback's book on Global Racing. Especially the chapter on France!!

Thanks for pointing out my glaring mistake. Stupid of me to post something like that without looking it up first.

Linny
03-26-2011, 04:59 PM
For a while there 3yo FILLIES were owning the Arc.

rrpic6
03-26-2011, 05:33 PM
Anyone know the takeout% at Dubai? I was working all day, so I decided to box six horses in the exacta for fun, but did not box the same six in a tri bet. I bet win/place on the #2. My six horse box was 2,6,7,8,9,12. I'm shocked at the final odds, and quite disappointed that a 17-1 and a 40-1 paid only $286 for a buck. Oh well....at least its a profit.

RR

nearco
03-26-2011, 06:20 PM
For a while there 3yo FILLIES were owning the Arc.

Yep they had a good run in the late 70's early 80's.
From 1972 to 1983, fillies won the Arc 8 of the 12 runnings. Of those eight, there were four 3yo fillies.
1972 San San (USA) 3
1974 Allez France (USA) 4
1976 Ivanjica 4
1979 Three Troikas 3
1980 Detroit 3
1981 Gold River 4
1982 Akiyda 3
1983 All Along 4

One of the biggest criticisms of the Arc has been that 3yo colts and 3yo and up fillies and mares get an unfair advantage in the weight assignments.
3yos - 123lbs, 4yo+ - 131lbs, F&M - 3.5lbs allowance. So a 3yo filly is getting 11lbs from an older horse.

joanied
03-26-2011, 07:00 PM
First...congrats to everyone that cashed a ticket today...
and congrats to the Japanese horses...since Gio Ponti couldn't get it done, or the mare, I'm happy for the japanese...they sure needed something to be happy about, and they sure looked happy:)

I didn't really get excited about any of the races...seemed everyone was run the same way...bunched up all the way...and so many close finishes...I did get to jumping when it looked like Mike Smith was gonna take the sprint...on dirt, Rocket Man would have been second...I really wanted to see Euroears win that one, but no disgrace in taking 2nd...

fun to watch them all...but I'll take American racing anyday:jump:

joanied
03-26-2011, 07:06 PM
Forgot about IWR...to fade so badly like he did...I feel sad for the colt. I don't think many, if any, of the American horses liked the surface this night...from what I heard, it was described as 'gooey'...guess they will see how IWR is back home and go from there...I was really in hopes he'd be a force in the older division this year...maybe not:faint:

precocity
03-27-2011, 01:14 PM
Meydan 3-26-11

R5 #9 Rocket Man $50 WIN

R7 #8 Rewilding $50 WIN

$200 wagered

Good luck!
man that was some good pics congratz :ThmbUp: unfortunately i didnt hit anything except for victorie pisa had 10 to wp got back 200 but lost 500 :bang: