PDA

View Full Version : More government waste

cj's dad
03-15-2011, 09:11 AM
Bill allowing some illegal immigrants to pay in-state tuition passes Maryland Senate

http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/a4ae1113b361412fb19b1e85fc23c644/MD-XGR--Immigrant-Tuition/

Maryland is about to pass this law. The ironic thing is that according to state law, it is illegal for a business to hire undocumented persons.

So, the taxpayers of Md. Will help foot the bill for illegals who after graduation cannot be legally employed here.

Why, as the illegals are identified via their applications for the in state tuition rate, are they not deported from the state.

Maryland will become the 11th state since 2001 to approve of this type of legislation.

More waste of taxpayers’ money. Thank you Democrats !!

DJofSD
03-15-2011, 09:17 AM
This has been going on in CA for years.

Saratoga_Mike
03-15-2011, 09:29 AM
I love these laws - a kid who grew up in Arlington, VA, and wants to attend UMD (maybe 20 miles away) pays out-of-state tuition, but someone who is here illegally pays in-state tuition. Sounds fair.

delayjf
03-15-2011, 10:14 AM
I wonder if they can get financial aid - hell, why bother getting a student visa???

Tom
03-15-2011, 11:02 AM
Our governments are run by morons and traitors.
End of story.

When is our Day of Rage?

HUSKER55
03-15-2011, 11:16 AM
Our problem is Americans think we are sooo damn good when in reality we have no balls.

Until you are rady to pull the trigger nothing is going to change.

It is going to take a body count.

DJofSD
03-15-2011, 11:20 AM
No justice, no peace?

No piece, no justice.

Saratoga_Mike
03-15-2011, 11:24 AM
Our problem is Americans think we are sooo damn good when in reality we have no balls.

Pull what trigger?

Body count?

hrspwr
03-15-2011, 11:28 AM

Really? Body count?

boxcar
03-15-2011, 11:28 AM
Maybe LS or someone else who lives in the Great State of Texas can elaborate on this -- but I heard yesterday that some Repug in the state has a bill in the works that allow illegals to work in the state for up to 8 years if they paid some money up front (I think the figure was $4,000.) And I'm not sure how they illegal would renew his "lease" on America.

The inmates are truly running the asylum.

Boxcar

Saratoga_Mike
03-15-2011, 11:29 AM
Maybe LS or someone else who lives in the Great State of Texas can elaborate on this -- but I heard yesterday that some Repug in the state has a bill in the works that allow illegals to work in the state for up to 8 years if they paid some money up front (I think the figure was $4,000.) And I'm not sure how they illegal would renew his "lease" on America.

The inmates are truly running the asylum.

Boxcar

I don't know about TX, but this is in the works in Utah.

TJDave
03-15-2011, 11:31 AM
Texas is considering such a law...two years in prison and a $10,000 fine...but with an exemption for domestic help. Otherwise they'd have to lock up half the State. :lol:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/20110302/ts_yblog_thelookout/proposed-texas-immigration-law-contains-convenient-loophole-for-the-help

Saratoga_Mike
03-15-2011, 11:34 AM
"The immigration bill with the best chance of reaching the governor's desk before Thursday, the end of the 45-day general session, is sponsored by state Sen. Curt Bramble, a Republican from Provo. It would allow illegal aliens who are already in Utah and who pass a criminal background check to pay a fine of up to $2,500 and then to apply for a temporary work permit through the state Department of Workforce Services."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703580004576180522521397018.html

DJofSD
03-15-2011, 11:43 AM
Since when do states get to determine immigration policy? Or is this another 10th admendment states rights issue?

Marshall Bennett
03-15-2011, 11:55 AM
Many universities are going flat broke. They've resorted to recruiting the homeless and others just to keep going by the govt. grants they receive.
The University of Phoenix is a prime example. Porter Stansberry uncovered this scheme and reported on it. Nothing new, just more govt. debt piling on.
The process is underway to remove the dollar as the world reserve currency.
This will stop this piling on of debt, the printing of US dollars, and the wheels that turn this disasterous economy will fall off. It's happening.

Saratoga_Mike
03-15-2011, 11:56 AM
Since when do states get to determine immigration policy? Or is this another 10th admendment states rights issue?

Yes, this issue is raised in the article. State law obviously can't supercede federal law...okay it isn't obvious to some in Utah.

cj's dad
03-15-2011, 08:04 PM
I find the solution very simple:

#1) - illegals are in violation of the law
#2) - Giving money to illegals for the purpose of continuing their illegal residence in the state of Maryland is a criminal act (aiding and abetting)
#3) - Aiding and abetting criminal activity is against the law in Maryland.
#4) - When our esteemed leader, Martin O' Malley signs the bill into law,
...... he has committed a criminal act.
#5) - Arrest him as he leaves the state house for accessory to a crime.

Please someone- find fault with this logic... please !!!

DJofSD
03-15-2011, 11:39 PM
There's not any fault in the logic. However, liberal idealism has a dictum that overrides all: the ends justifies the means.

cj's dad
03-16-2011, 10:05 AM
I just sent this letter to the Baltimore Sun "readers respond" op-ed page.

div { margin: 0px; } At this point it should be obvious that the in state tuition bill for illegal aliens will soon arrive on the Governors’ desk awaiting his signature. When he does, in fact, sign this bill into law he should be arrested.

Why ?

#1) - illegal aliens are in violation of the law.

*** Illegal immigration (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illegal_immigration) - to the United States (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_the_United_States) refers to the act of foreign nationals violating U.S. immigration policies and national laws by entering or remaining in the United States without proper permission from the United States government (from Wikipedia)

#2) - Giving money to illegals for the purpose of continuing their illegal residence (in the form of tuition assistance)in the state of Maryland is a criminal act (aiding and abetting)

#3) - Aiding and abetting criminal activity is against the law in Maryland.

*** Aiding and Abetting - A criminal charge of aiding and abetting or accessory can usually be brought against anyone who helps in the commission of a crime, though legal distinctions vary by state. A person charged with aiding and abetting or accessory is usually not present when the crime itself is committed, but he or she has knowledge of the crime before or after the fact, and may assist in its commission through advice, actions, or financial support. Depending on the degree of involvement, the offender's participation in the crime may rise to the level of conspiracy (http://criminal.findlaw.com/crimes/a-z/conspiracy.html). (from FindLaw.com))

#4) - When our esteemed leader, Martin O' Malley signs the bill into law, he has committed a criminal act.

#5) - Arrest him as he leaves the state house for complicity to commit a crime.

delayjf
03-18-2011, 12:04 AM
I wonder if they can get financial aid - hell, why bother getting a student visa???

And the answer is - yes.

http://www.calwatchdog.com/2011/03/16/financial-aid-for-illegal-students-okd/