PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga Just Around ther Corner

OTM Al
03-14-2011, 01:19 PM
Not only does Saratoga mean great racing in a classic venue, but more importantly it means the annual PA Saratoga get together, which for me is always the best part of the meet.

I have reserved tables for us again this year. This year's dates will be Aug 13th through 21st. Because we didn't have too many people early in the week last year, I cut back to one table for 13th-15th. But don't let that stop you from coming that weekend if it is your only chance. Have the same number of tables 18th-21st as before and Ted Craven's group will be in again this year as well. Brilliant me forgot to coordinate with Ted this year, but we'll still likely be close enough together to mix as in past years. Friday the 19th seems to have become the night to go over to Saratoga harness as well, so come one come all and see what washed up rocker we'll see there this year.....

What's missing from the above is Wednesday the 17th. Unfortunately someone beat me to the punch and reserved the whole Festival Tent that day, but never fear. As a replacement, we have been offered 2 tables over at the Big Red Spring (drink it at your own risk...) for that day. I do know we are close to some SAMs over there, but I don't know about the power situation. I will scout it out when I get up there in July and post then along with my running commentary on the season up north.

So make your vacation plans now and get ready for another year of fun and good friends.

cj's dad
03-14-2011, 01:40 PM
I'll be up Thursday the 18th through Saturday the 21st, flying home the 22nd.

Staying at the Island View w/ Joe Prunes and lady friend. Do not know at this point if cj and/or Justin are attending.

For those of you who don't know of the Island View motel, it is 30 minutes from Saratoga-easy drive and several nice restaurants on the way back after the races. The Waterhouse Bar and Grill is several hundred yards up the road from the island View and is a good relaxing spot to partake of a few chilled ones.

Charli125
03-14-2011, 02:06 PM
I'm going to attempt it this year and I'll confirm once I know for sure. Looking forward to hanging out in a bit more relaxed atmosphere than the NHC Al!

JustRalph
03-14-2011, 02:47 PM
I'll be up Thursday the 18th through Saturday the 21st, flying home the 22nd.

Staying at the Island View w/ Joe Prunes and lady friend. Do not know at this point if cj and/or Justin are attending.

For those of you who don't know of the Island View motel, it is 30 minutes from Saratoga-easy drive and several nice restaurants on the way back after the races. The Waterhouse Bar and Grill is several hundred yards up the road from the island View and is a good relaxing spot to partake of a few chilled ones.

Going to try and bring the wife up for the 19th-20th. Will this place pass muster with her?

offtrack
03-14-2011, 03:00 PM
I plan to sleep under the tables overnight this year to save a few bucks. I'm sure that will impress Mrs JustRalph a great deal.

Ted Craven
03-14-2011, 03:11 PM
The Sartin gang has 3 tables on Friday and Saturday, and 2 on Sunday. Group Sales says we're all together. We'll have electrical stuff and hopefully a wifi hotspot. Happy to pool the tables - just need a few dollars per, to cover costs.

Can't wait!

Ted

Ted Craven
03-14-2011, 03:13 PM
I'm going to attempt it this year and I'll confirm once I know for sure. Looking forward to hanging out in a bit more relaxed atmosphere than the NHC Al!

It's relaxed except when the heavens open up, or when Zaf and Bubbles start shouting at the TV set :)

Ted

GatetoWire
03-14-2011, 03:23 PM
Al: count me in. I am planning on being there from Friday the 19th thru Sunday the 21st.
I may try to squeeze in Thurs the 18th if I can swing it.

Hopefully you and I will do better at the windows than we did on JCGC Day at Belmont!!

Looking forward to it

Mike

Shelby
03-14-2011, 04:39 PM
We'd love to peek in on ya'll!! How much notice do I need to give?

Dave Schwartz
03-14-2011, 05:36 PM
Beth and I might just be able to make that. Can't commit yet but it could happen.

Dave

Zaf
03-14-2011, 06:02 PM
It's relaxed except when the heavens open up, or when Zaf and Bubbles start shouting at the TV set :)

Ted

Ha ! :lol: Looking forward to seeing all you guys again this year :ThmbUp:

jeebus1083
03-16-2011, 07:29 PM
I'm 6 miles to the track from my apartment. I'll try and visit the tent this summer.

fiveouttasix
03-16-2011, 07:55 PM
I'm 25 minutes away (my parents house) very close to the Waterhouse Rest.
I will definitely be there.

pktruckdriver
03-17-2011, 01:16 PM
I do not want to scare any one off, but I am still living here in Saratoga thru the winter and will be able to enjoy Saratoga this year without any interference, like work...lol.

Right now we are still covered in winter snow, but finally it is melting with a week of temp's in the 50's and a sunny St. Patrick's Day, life is great

Patrick

cj's dad
03-18-2011, 11:11 PM
We'd love to peek in on ya'll!! How much notice do I need to give?

Notice- there is no notice- just show up and give OTMAl a few $$$ and all is well !!

Dave Schwartz
03-19-2011, 12:05 AM
It's official - Beth is looking for hotels and airfares! We'll be there.

Dave

JustRalph
03-19-2011, 12:53 AM
got my reservations for the Motel

joeprunes
03-24-2011, 06:05 PM
I just called the island view motel to make my reservations and there isnt many rooms left so if anyone is going to this area better call now. Nice area on a lake 12 minutes to lake george and 20 minutea to the track. Its clean and reasonable. Been going there for almost 50 yrs never had a problem. Its your call, Cj`s dad (dennis)your dates are wrong thursday is the 18th and sat, is the 20th, If anyone needs the number of the motel let me know.....joeprunes

cj's dad
03-24-2011, 09:02 PM
I just called the island view motel to make my reservations and there isnt many rooms left so if anyone is going to this area better call now. Nice area on a lake 12 minutes to lake george and 20 minutea to the track. Its clean and reasonable. Been going there for almost 50 yrs never had a problem. Its your call, Cj`s dad (dennis)your dates are wrong thursday is the 18th and sat, is the 20th, If anyone needs the number of the motel let me know.....joeprunes
`
Joe, all is good - I posted the wrong dates here, not with Nancy- thanks for the heads up anyway.

JustRalph
03-24-2011, 09:43 PM
`
Joe, all is good - I posted the wrong dates here, not with Nancy- thanks for the heads up anyway.

I called Nancy to make sure I didn't screw it up....... she said she is going to take it out on you when you get up there.........

Dave Schwartz
03-24-2011, 11:39 PM
Joe & CJ D,

I rented a 2-br there for 10 days. (I've got a regular room for the 2 before that.)

Looking forward to seeing all you guys.

Dave

OTM Al
03-25-2011, 03:03 PM
Joe & CJ D,

I rented a 2-br there for 10 days. (I've got a regular room for the 2 before that.)

Looking forward to seeing all you guys.

Dave

Hey Dave. Glad you will be coming and look forward to meeting you! Given some of your recent posts, I'd love to hear some more of your stories about Vegas.

Dave Schwartz
03-25-2011, 04:34 PM
And I love telling them, Al.

We'll have a barbecue (you can be in charge of bringing the lobster) and tell stories until the wee hours of the zzzzzzzzzz. Sorry, nodded off.

Dave

Bubbles
03-26-2011, 09:23 AM
Chances are I'll be there for at least a few days, as per the usual. Should be a great time, as always!

cj's dad
04-14-2011, 11:15 AM
Chances are I'll be there for at least a few days, as per the usual. Should be a great time, as always!

Who's bringing the "chalk" board ??

joeprunes
04-14-2011, 03:08 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Zippy Chippy
04-18-2011, 06:45 PM
We will be there this year.. On the weekend! From Boston.

OTM Al
04-18-2011, 06:52 PM

That's great! Look forward to meeting you!

cj's dad
04-20-2011, 11:14 AM

Which one ? First or last ?

Dave Schwartz
04-20-2011, 12:02 PM
Hey, Dad - do you know if we can get cell phone service from this place?

Also, do you know who else is going to stay at the Island Motel?

Dave

cj's dad
04-20-2011, 12:49 PM
Cell phone service is nearly non-existent. About 10 minutes away you can start to get it. So far, the folks staying there are myself and maybe my youngest son Justin, Just Ralph and wife, Joe Prunes and ladyfriend, and beyond that I am not sure.

Dave

Dave Schwartz
04-20-2011, 02:14 PM
Thanks, Dad.

That means we'll have to download data in town on the way to the track or at the track.

Dave

cj's dad
04-20-2011, 08:38 PM
At the track works !! This has not been a problem before.I will say that if you need a hard copy of anything, bring your own printer. Last year I relied on Andicap and his size .5 font reduced me ongoing migraine headaches not to mention the loss of vision in my good eye for several weeks thereafter.

Dave Schwartz
04-20-2011, 10:58 PM
I'll come with a Sprint hotspot but will still need a signal.

Is there free WiFi at the track?

JustRalph
04-20-2011, 11:06 PM
I'll come with a Sprint hotspot but will still need a signal.

Is there free WiFi at the track?

My sprint 3G hotspot worked fine all around the track. There are wifi nets at the track and they work a little, until the gates open. Then they are dead

Storm Cadet
04-25-2011, 08:14 PM
At the track works !! This has not been a problem before.I will say that if you need a hard copy of anything, bring your own printer. Last year I relied on Andicap and his size .5 font reduced me ongoing migraine headaches not to mention the loss of vision in my good eye for several weeks thereafter.

Darn is Andy still killing forests and using gallons of ink? :eek:

cj's dad
04-25-2011, 09:06 PM
Darn is Andy still killing forests and using gallons of ink? :eek:

Not hardly !! BTW - are you attending ??

Storm Cadet
04-26-2011, 12:57 PM
Not hardly !! BTW - are you attending ??

Probably heading up there in July for a weekend...after that it's up in the air because of summer basketball workouts with team. 10 new players coming in so lots of work to do in July and August.

I just bought shares in 4 -2 yo colts that might make it to race at SAR in Aug so if they go so do I!

offtrack
04-26-2011, 01:42 PM
I just signed a contract for the season, a place on White Street.

Every year the digs are a little closer to the grounds. Fortunately.

Also sent for the discount season's pass.

All before Belmont opens- ha!

Buddha
05-07-2011, 02:51 PM
I expect to make it up this year, just not sure of the dates yet...Too bad we aren't getting a house again, that was always fun :)

John
05-28-2011, 08:24 PM
I am planing on being there sometime that week. I don't know about Charlie, it all depends on how he is feeling.I will have to wait and see.

cj's dad
05-28-2011, 11:42 PM
Seriously hope you guys make it, Both of you add much to the mix.

OTM Al
05-29-2011, 09:06 AM
Seriously hope you guys make it, Both of you add much to the mix.

Second that.

joeprunes
05-29-2011, 11:07 AM
Me,john and charlie from day one be great if charlie could make it...

Mr Saratoga
06-01-2011, 05:44 PM
To say the least, I'm not very active on PA, but I grew up not far from Saratoga. I have friends, and relatives in the area who for some reason still welcome me. I know a few of the posters here, and am looking forward to meeting others. I go for the entire meet (lucky me), and will mark the PA dates on my calendar.

Dave Schwartz
06-01-2011, 06:13 PM
Who else is staying at the Island Motel?

CJ-D, you're staying there, right?

joeprunes
06-01-2011, 08:52 PM
Well me(joeprunes) and girlfriend, cj`s dad and brother justin, just ralph and wife ,cj dont know yet and maybe john and charlie. Noone else that I know of so far.

thespaah
06-01-2011, 09:40 PM
It's official - Beth is looking for hotels and airfares! We'll be there.

DaveHave a friend who lives 20 miles north of The Spa. I'll be staying there. Will try to met up with the gang.
I'll keep in touch. Bring photos of your satellite set up and your "control room"...

thespaah
06-01-2011, 09:47 PM
I just called the island view motel to make my reservations and there isnt many rooms left so if anyone is going to this area better call now. Nice area on a lake 12 minutes to lake george and 20 minutea to the track. Its clean and reasonable. Been going there for almost 50 yrs never had a problem. Its your call, Cj`s dad (dennis)your dates are wrong thursday is the 18th and sat, is the 20th, If anyone needs the number of the motel let me know.....joeprunesTry lodging in Queensbury/Glens Falls...20 minutes to track. Also.....if you'd like a rental home try www.homeaway.com

lake luzerne.....on NY Rte 9N...this road runs right thru Saratoga Srpings
http://www.homeaway.com/search/keywords:Lake+Luzerne%2C+New+York

thespaah
06-01-2011, 10:19 PM

Davewhere is it? I can give you a good idea about cell service.
FYI, Between Saratoga and Lake George, cell service is pretty limited to near major highways.

offtrack
06-02-2011, 07:08 AM
To shop for a rental in Saratoga I used http://www.racingcityrealty.com .

I was able to negotiate on price, and had multiple selections for location.

FWIW

Dave Schwartz
06-02-2011, 11:33 AM
thespaah,

I am reasonably certain we'll not have cell phone service. Will be pleasantly surprised if we do.

I'll pick up data on the way into town in the morning or the way out of town at night.

Not really concerned.

Dave

JustRalph
06-02-2011, 11:58 AM
thespaah,

I am reasonably certain we'll not have cell phone service. Will be pleasantly surprised if we do.

I'll pick up data on the way into town in the morning or the way out of town at night.

Not really concerned.

Dave

I had great 3g service all over Saratoga and most importantly in the tent. Was able to use my Ipad via the wifi hotspot on my phone, just fine. 3g isn't blazing, but it works pretty well even for the internet

joeprunes
06-02-2011, 02:22 PM
I`ve been going up there for 40 yrs and (when cells came out) never had cell sevice at island view untill last year I was shocked, At the track no problem and out side my hotel in the town of hadley 5-8 minutes away I got service.

cj's dad
06-02-2011, 02:45 PM
Who else is staying at the Island Motel?

CJ-D, you're staying there, right?

Yes, 18-20, out the 21st. My youngest son Justin is a late scratch.

I have a 2 BR room if anyone is having difficulty with finding lodging.

Note - females receive preferred booking.

Note 2 - I snore.

thespaah
06-02-2011, 03:03 PM
I had great 3g service all over Saratoga and most importantly in the tent. Was able to use my Ipad via the wifi hotspot on my phone, just fine. 3g isn't blazing, but it works pretty well even for the internetThat's great!....I was at a tavern just about a mile or so past Saratoga National Golf Course which is on NY 9P, Union Ave( Exit14) and I had poop for signal there. Probably a hole in Verizon's coverage

thespaah
06-02-2011, 03:20 PM
Yes, 18-20, out the 21st. My youngest son Justin is a late scratch.

I have a 2 BR room if anyone is having difficulty with finding lodging.

Note - females receive preferred booking.

Note 2 - I snore.where is The Island Motel?
I snore as well..LOL!!!!

OTM Al
06-02-2011, 03:29 PM
That's great!....I was at a tavern just about a mile or so past Saratoga National Golf Course which is on NY 9P, Union Ave( Exit14) and I had poop for signal there. Probably a hole in Verizon's coverage

Think of it more as Saratoga is an island of coverage in a sea of nothing. We used to stay near Corinth. Late at night some messages would come through on the blackberry, but for the most part you couldn't get a signal until you were within about a mile or two of town. In town and at the race course there is no problem at all. Every year more towers get put up, so you never know if it will be better this year outside of town, but can't count on it.

cj's dad
06-02-2011, 09:42 PM
It's the Island View Motel- 20-25 minutes from the track on 9N- google islandviewmotel.com

where is The Island Motel?
I snore as well..LOL!!!!

pktruckdriver
06-03-2011, 02:24 PM
How bout a Cottage here for a few weeks...right down the street, not sure about me staying there yet, because I do have a great place now in Saratoga, see picture's on my blog, as I just never left since coming up last year, the place is that nice here, winter was a bit tough, but it is upstate NY

http://www.lakeluzernemotel.com/rates.html

Nice People

thespaah
06-03-2011, 07:03 PM
It's the Island View Motel- 20-25 minutes from the track on 9N- google islandviewmotel.comthank you!

BombsAway Bob
06-07-2011, 11:59 PM
my annual plug for a 50's style Motel, right next to PJ's BBQ-
Small, Clean, TVG in room-

This Saratoga vacation package includes:

Overnight accommodations-
Two Clubhouse admission passes to Saratoga Race Course
(seat not included)
Two racing programs
Complimentary continental breakfast
Pricing and Details:
$99.00 per room, per night, 1 or 2 people
This package is valid on:
July 31,
August 1, 2, 7, 8, 9, 14, 15, 16, 21, 22, 23, 24, 28, 29, 30, 31,
September 1, 4, 5 in 2011.
Prices are subject to change due to any special event
s and are based on availability.

Top Hill Motel
3290 Route 9 (So. Broadway)
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
518-584-5232
www.saratogatophill.com

offtrack
06-08-2011, 05:45 AM
When handicapping the menu at PJ's :

Brisket to win
Chicken to place
Ribs to show

OTM Al
06-08-2011, 09:11 AM

Brisket to win
Chicken to place
Ribs to show

Been meaning to get over there for a couple years now. The long lines both encourage and dissuade.

Tom
06-08-2011, 09:33 AM
BBB...sounds like a deal. I'm coming the end of the week this year, Th-Fr-
Sat. I keep missing the party by coming Sunday/Mon early.

Thanks for the heads up.:ThmbUp:

Grits
06-09-2011, 12:52 PM
PJ's is good. Ribs are great. Just a good ole' boy, laid back place which is a good thing for BBQ joints and a good change for Saratoga--give you plenty to eat.

pktruckdriver
06-09-2011, 08:11 PM
Just a reminder

PJ's is going to remain open year round starting this year, :jump::jump:

joeyp
06-10-2011, 09:10 PM
my annual plug for a 50's style Motel, right next to PJ's BBQ-
Small, Clean, TVG in room-

This Saratoga vacation package includes:

Overnight accommodations-
Two Clubhouse admission passes to Saratoga Race Course
(seat not included)
Two racing programs
Complimentary continental breakfast
Pricing and Details:
$99.00 per room, per night, 1 or 2 people
This package is valid on:
July 31,
August 1, 2, 7, 8, 9, 14, 15, 16, 21, 22, 23, 24, 28, 29, 30, 31,
September 1, 4, 5 in 2011.
Prices are subject to change due to any special event
s and are based on availability.

Top Hill Motel
3290 Route 9 (So. Broadway)
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
518-584-5232
www.saratogatophill.com

thanks for the motel info and pjs ill be up there probaly for a week and would like to meet some of you folks for a day or so. can i come to that tent?Is it by the english pub out back? probaly be the 2nd week in august
see ya there

cj's dad
06-12-2011, 02:37 AM
thanks for the motel info and pjs ill be up there probaly for a week and would like to meet some of you folks for a day or so. can i come to that tent?Is it by the english pub out back? probaly be the 2nd week in august
see ya there

Yes- within 100 feet or less. Its red and white.

Buddha
06-15-2011, 10:14 AM
I expect to make it up this year, just not sure of the dates yet...Too bad we aren't getting a house again, that was always fun :)

Getting a new job, and moving to Chicago, so my chances of going to Saratoga are very slim now. :(

thespaah
06-15-2011, 10:47 AM
Getting a new job, and moving to Chicago, so my chances of going to Saratoga are very slim now. :(
Aww c'mon now....Chicago has a really big airport....LOL!!!!
Good luck in your new position.....

BombsAway Bob
06-16-2011, 12:52 AM
Brisket to win
Chicken to place
Ribs to show
i Concur on the Brisket,
actually could single on my ticket.
Wish they had Baked or Real Mashed,
Curly Fries are hit-or-miss,
& cold salads were DNF.
With a room at Top Hill, you can sit by the Motel Pool,
listening to the "PJ's DJ" blast Great,sometimes obscure
late 50'-early 60's tunes from 5-9PM after the races.
" i'm gonna buy me a horse,
just about this big,
and ride him all along the border line...
With a Pair of Zircon-Encrusted Silver Bullets in my hand,
every other Wrangler would say, i was mighty grand!"
smZA9Jv3qH0

RaceBookJoe
06-16-2011, 02:44 PM
Unfortunately I can only make 1 day this year, Monday August 1st. I still plan on hitting the daily double really heavy.....Hatties Fried Chicken Sandwich and wash it down with Saranac Lake Pomegranite Wheat Beer....just might have to hit a "late double" also haha rbj

jefftune
06-16-2011, 11:11 PM
I haven't been to PJ's in a few years. Bringing my teenage son along this year - he's a rib fan so we are definitely going to hit PJ's.

andicap
06-17-2011, 12:06 AM
Its kind of funny. For the years we lived in England I always made it to Saratoga but this year it's looking only 50-50 and it would only for a couple of days probably during the first weekend when PA attendance is pretty scarce. Just too many family complications this year.

andicap
06-17-2011, 12:08 AM
And I love telling them, Al.

We'll have a barbecue (you can be in charge of bringing the lobster) and tell stories until the wee hours of the zzzzzzzzzz. Sorry, nodded off.

Dave

Dave, if you'll be there on the weekend of Aug. 13-14, I might try a little harder to get up there.

Dave Schwartz
06-17-2011, 01:32 AM
I am there from Aug 11-23.

Staying at the Island View Motel in Lake Luzerne.

We have one extra bed for Aug. 14-23. Cost is reasonable.

BTW, is there a cost we need to pay for the PA tent admission or will we just pay that every day?

Dave

OTM Al
06-17-2011, 10:01 PM

Staying at the Island View Motel in Lake Luzerne.

We have one extra bed for Aug. 14-23. Cost is reasonable.

BTW, is there a cost we need to pay for the PA tent admission or will we just pay that every day?

Dave

I have bought the tables which were $24 each, so $5 per person per day has been the regular price I've asked. No need to pay early, when you get there is fine each day or as many days as you want up front.

Dave Schwartz
06-17-2011, 11:12 PM
Count us in - there are two of us.

Dave

Rutgers
06-18-2011, 11:46 AM

If you (or anyone else) are going to be in the Saratoga area on Friday August 12th you may want to consider going to the Horse Racing Hall of Fame induction.

It’s held at the Fasig-Tipton sales pavilion which is about a couple of blocks from the track (and they are very short blocks). It’s free and you don’t need tickets, just walk up. I would get there early though if you want a seat as it can get pretty crowded and it’s first come first serve.

offtrack
06-19-2011, 07:52 AM
Here's the NYRA Saratoga Race Course information page, for anyone needing information:

http://nyra.com/images/Saratoga_Brochure11.pdf

Dave Schwartz
06-19-2011, 10:15 AM
Rutgers,

Thanks for the tip.

A trip to Saratoga demands a trip to the museum itself. It is a great place to buy a gift for your favorite horse racing person - which at my house, would be me!

Last time I was there with Beth I came away with a couple of must-haves, including a signed Barbaro picture. (No, not signed by the horse.) I later gave the picture to a valued friend as a birthday present. Hmm... might look for a replacement.

Dave

offtrack
06-20-2011, 01:51 PM
When attending the meet at Saratoga I always enjoy a long sit on a bench in front of the Racing Office, near the Jockey's Room entrance.

Lots of racing personalities, press people stopping in for credentials, and assorted hangers-on to watch.
Quite the mix fashions too.

Sometimes a nice conversation starts up with folks connected to the business.

thespaah
06-20-2011, 06:13 PM
When attending the meet at Saratoga I always enjoy a long sit on a bench in front of the Racing Office, near the Jockey's Room entrance.

Lots of racing personalities, press people stopping in for credentials, and assorted hangers-on to watch.
Quite the mix fashions too.

Sometimes a nice conversation starts up with folks connected to the business.
Yep. Have had the occasion to bump into people in the business around that location.
I prefer not hang around there too long as it gets real busy with pedestrian traffic.

Track Collector
06-20-2011, 08:38 PM
I'll be up for 4 days from Wednesday 08/17 thru Saturday 08/20.

Looking forward to good fellowship with new and previously met PaceAdvantage members!

Mr Saratoga
06-20-2011, 10:53 PM
Have you met my friend Larry I think he goes by spapro, and spends most of his day on the same benches.

Tom
06-26-2011, 05:44 PM
I can't wait.....just love the laid back, casual but classy attidtudes in Toga.

thespaah
06-26-2011, 06:00 PM
that's just plain wrong.
26 days to go.

Dave Schwartz
06-26-2011, 07:48 PM
Tom, you frighten me sometimes.

Sincerely,
Dave

offtrack
06-26-2011, 08:28 PM
No butterflies ?

JustRalph
06-26-2011, 09:20 PM
I am afraid to ask what the hell occasion brought out those outfits

thespaah
06-26-2011, 09:58 PM
I am afraid to ask what the hell occasion brought out those outfitsJennifer Tilly's dress....
"A very good day"...

Bubbles
06-27-2011, 09:13 AM

Laid back and classy...right up until the start of the show parlay. :)

cj's dad
06-27-2011, 11:06 AM
Laid back and classy...right up until the start of the show parlay. :)

or the trip to the harness track, whichever is first.

Zippy Chippy
06-27-2011, 11:41 AM
Just got an email from boss my week off from Aug 14-20th has been approved . I'll be looking forward to meeting everyone.

cj's dad
06-27-2011, 01:06 PM
Just got an email from boss my week off from Aug 14-20th has been approved . I'll be looking forward to meeting everyone.

Keep your expectations at a reasonable level. :cool:

cj's dad
06-27-2011, 01:12 PM

Hey Tom,

Isn't the photo from the year you guys spent the Spa week at Lake George ?

Dave Schwartz
06-27-2011, 01:52 PM
Jim Parker and I will be there from 12th-23rd, staying at the Island View (Lake Luzerne) with the CJs and others.

From the 14th-23rd we have a 2-br with a bed for rent.

Those days are $132 per night (including the $10 increase for the 3rd person). If anyone wants to spend a whole week with us, we'll call it $45 per night or $315 for the week.

The daily rate to sublet that extra bed will be $12 higher = $57.

If you're going to stay with us on Friday, you need to stay Saturday as well.

Non-smokers and non-snorers only. We will have a rental car and can provide a ride to and from the track (assuming you are willing to travel when we do).

Email or call me if interested.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

Grits
06-27-2011, 02:22 PM
or the trip to the harness track.

From the moment he walked through the door, he was dripping class. His hair, his wife beater tshirt and his too short shorts.

. . . I can still see him; he's burned in my memory forever.

--From Saratoga Harness, circa 2010.

cj's dad
06-27-2011, 02:50 PM
From the moment he walked through the door, he was dripping class. His hair, his wife beater tshirt and his too short shorts.

. . . I can still see him; he's burned in my memory forever.

--From Saratoga Harness, circa 2010.

We were calling them the "ball bearing look" though no one looked more than once, ceptin' maybe you Grits ?

Dave Schwartz
06-27-2011, 02:51 PM
Gritsy,

I have a friend for you. he's from Del Mar.

http://www.horsestreet.com/BBSImages/PickingWinnerAtDmr.JPG

Dave

PS: No need to thank me.

thespaah
06-27-2011, 03:12 PM
Gritsy,

I have a friend for you. he's from Del Mar.

http://www.horsestreet.com/BBSImages/PickingWinnerAtDmr.JPG

Dave

PS: No need to thank me. :lol:

Grits
06-27-2011, 04:00 PM
We were calling them the "ball bearing look" though no one looked more than once, ceptin' maybe you Grits ?

I should have written, "his hair, his wifebeater tshirt and . . . his nutters.

Don't you remember? Cjd, it was your own son that had the name for those shorts!

When he whispered it; I laughed 'til I had tears in my eyes. After that--useless--I couldn't keep a straight face the rest of the night.

I wonder if Al still has his photo in his phone? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PA had to take it down, here on the board.

Dave, your guy, he's just plain unfortunate. On the other hand, "Nutter" had style and a gold chain.

No thank you emanating from me.:lol:

OTM Al
06-27-2011, 04:21 PM

Don't you remember? Cjd, it was your own son that had the name for those shorts!

When he whispered it; I laughed 'til I had tears in my eyes. After that--useless--I couldn't keep a straight face the rest of the night.

Dave, your guy, he's just plain unfortunate. On the other hand, "Nutter" had style and a gold chain.

I don't have it on my phone (I just checked) but think it may be on my laptop. Regardless it remains burned into my brain. And I still crack up every time I think of it too. The hair was just incredible. You could see through it on top, and I was a huge fan of the shirt with the sleeves ripped off and the threads still dangling. The nutters were not properly captured in the picture, but maybe that's a good thing.

Dave Schwartz
06-27-2011, 05:03 PM
Okay, I have to ask... "Nutters?"

Does that mean what it sounds like it means?

BTW, the DMR guy hangs in the hallway outside my office. One of the many treasures my bride found for me at a garage sale. I think she paid $0.50 (and worth every penny).

Dave

OTM Al
06-27-2011, 05:05 PM

Dave

That is an affirmative.

thespaah
06-27-2011, 05:55 PM

BTW, the DMR guy hangs in the hallway outside my office. One of the many treasures my bride found for me at a garage sale. I think she paid $0.50 (and worth every penny).

Dave
Those shorts guys wore in the 80's that went maybe to mid thigh.
Think basketball and tennis length...
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=nutters

Bubbles
06-27-2011, 06:34 PM
That is an affirmative.

Ya know, I ALMOST had that image out of my head after last year. Now I'm otherwise corrupted and I think I'm retroactively going blind. Thanks guys! :faint:

cj's dad
06-27-2011, 09:37 PM
You all are right- it was "nutters". I think this guy is a board member.

What a life !!

cj's dad
06-29-2011, 02:52 PM

Say it ain't so:

Center City Philly

I think Mayor Nutter realizes the city needs to make sure Center City doesn't turn into NE Philly,

Saratoga_Mike
06-29-2011, 03:09 PM
Say it ain't so:

Center City Philly

I think Mayor Nutter realizes the city needs to make sure Center City doesn't turn into NE Philly,

...yeah not the best name in the world!

Rookies
07-09-2011, 01:11 PM
Sad to say, the Rookies boys will be blowing through the previous weekend, as all of our usual haunts were booked up back at the beginning of the year. But, we'll warm the place up for y'all. ;)

Can't wait...:ThmbUp:

KingChas
07-13-2011, 12:05 AM
With a room at Top Hill, you can sit by the Motel Pool,
listening to the "PJ's DJ" blast Great,sometimes obscure
late 50'-early 60's tunes from 5-9PM after the races.

Hope to catch you there week of 8/15.

Last time I ate at PJ's though I enjoyed the meal.....
let's put it this way...
kinda like 1st time lasix for me. :D

BillW
07-19-2011, 02:29 PM
I just got a phone call - it was a wrong number asking "is this the mail room at the Saratoga Race Track?". That was weird :lol:

thespaah
07-19-2011, 05:30 PM
I just got a phone call - it was a wrong number asking "is this the mail room at the Saratoga Race Track?". That was weird :lol:
Oh go on now....LOL!!!! :jump:

Storm Cadet
07-19-2011, 09:33 PM
you should have told them yes...could be a new career move! :eek: