PDA

View Full Version : Yikes....Uncle Mo

MickJ26
03-12-2011, 04:10 PM
I can't believe Gulfstream is taking show betting on the Uncle Mo race. So far about 99% of the win and show pools are for Uncle Mo. I presume most of that is Repole's money.

Zippy Chippy
03-12-2011, 04:15 PM
I like that they are allowing show wagering. I dont think its fair to negate show wagering when a really good horse is running. It shouldn't matter.

MickJ26
03-12-2011, 04:24 PM
With 15 MTP, Uncle Mo has $303000. out of $314000. in the show pool.

PhantomOnTour
03-12-2011, 04:26 PM
This is one spot where I think it's a bad idea to try to go 'show bonanza' and hope Mo runs out, barring anything unfortunate.

woodtoo
03-12-2011, 04:29 PM
This is one spot where I think it's a bad idea to try to go 'show bonanza' and hope Mo runs out, barring anything unfortunate.
only costs $8 to bet show on the rest of the field,things happen

Stillriledup
03-12-2011, 04:46 PM
I'm no math expert, but why would you bet Uncle MO to win, when show is paying the same exact thing.

Anyone know?

PhantomOnTour
03-12-2011, 04:47 PM
He's a gangly looking thing isn't he? Looks like a moose...Uncle Mo.
Seriously though, that has to be exactly what they wanted; a bit of a challenge and the chance to finish up nicely. Still, I am against him for the Derby.

Stillriledup
03-12-2011, 04:48 PM
He's a gangly looking thing isn't he? Looks like a moose...Uncle Mo.
Seriously though, that has to be exactly what they wanted; a bit of a challenge and the chance to finish up nicely. Still, I am against him for the Derby.

Happy Happy day for me that he won. I'll be betting against him from here on in.

Tom
03-12-2011, 04:50 PM
Challenge?
For Uncle Duck in that one?
What was the challenge, the jock not fall off laughing?
Pletcher keeping a straight face during the interview?

Yankees Beat Junior High Team!
Tyson Knocks Out Teenager!
Packers Beat NBC Pick Up Team1

Yeah, real impressive.

BIG49010
03-12-2011, 04:54 PM
First time I ever remember seeing 2.10 2.10 2.10 on the board.

Some very educated bettors in South Florida.:rolleyes:

cj
03-12-2011, 05:04 PM
I hope the track lost tons on the minus pool for writing such a ridiculous, unbettable race.

andtheyreoff
03-12-2011, 06:16 PM
Last quarter in :22.4: nice!!

While the idea of the race was a total joke, at least he looked solid and should be ready for the Wood.

Stillriledup
03-12-2011, 06:46 PM
I hope the track lost tons on the minus pool for writing such a ridiculous, unbettable race.

I'm not sure how this works, but i think that if a bettor makes a bet at an offtrack location, the off track location is responsible for the minus pool. I think they only take a bath if they accept the bet ontrack. Maybe someone else can chime in and tell me if this is correct.

tzipi
03-12-2011, 07:12 PM
Challenge?
Yankees Beat Junior High Team!
Tyson Knocks Out Teenager!
Packers Beat NBC Pick Up Team1.

Starting to remind me of the posts from last year. :)

Ocala Mike
03-12-2011, 08:24 PM
the off track location is responsible for the minus pool

That is generally correct. OBS ITW, for example, went for "a lot of nickles" on that $2.10, and they weren't too happy.

Ocala Mike

lamboguy
03-12-2011, 08:35 PM
Happy Happy day for me that he won. I'll be betting against him from here on in.
i would love to see dialed in go up to the wood and kick his ass.

The Hawk
03-12-2011, 08:39 PM
Last quarter in :22.4: nice!!

While the idea of the race was a total joke, at least he looked solid and should be ready for the Wood.

I'm not saying he didn't look good, quality of opposition notwithstanding, but be careful taking those Gulfstream times (fractions and final) at face value.

Stillriledup
03-12-2011, 09:56 PM
i would love to see dialed in go up to the wood and kick his ass.

I dont want him to be exposed until the Derby itself. That way, i can pitch him at very short odds and make a massive score. Pray for him to win to open lengths under wraps in NY.

PaceAdvantage
03-12-2011, 10:59 PM
I dont want him to be exposed until the Derby itself. That way, i can pitch him at very short odds and make a massive score. Pray for him to win to open lengths under wraps in NY.You're practically guaranteeing a Derby win with this post...you realize that...

Stillriledup
03-12-2011, 11:25 PM
You're practically guaranteeing a Derby win with this post...you realize that...

I don't care if he wins or not, its just another horse race where i'll be betting against a heavy favorite. I've lost plenty of bets trying to beat good horses at underlaid odds and i'll lose plenty more, its just part of doing business.

nijinski
03-13-2011, 12:59 AM
Andy says 89.

nijinski
03-13-2011, 01:05 AM
Andy says 89.
Just noticed it was posted in the handicapping thread
earlier.

Marlin
03-13-2011, 01:14 AM
You're practically guaranteeing a Derby win with this post...you realize that...If he hasn't, I have.:) I'm so fired up to bet against this horse, I just may have made him a Triple Crown winner!

Stillriledup
03-13-2011, 01:49 AM
If he hasn't, I have.:) I'm so fired up to bet against this horse, I just may have made him a Triple Crown winner!

:D

Sharp players are lining up to bet against him and the squares are calling him the next Seattle Slew.

GARY Z
03-13-2011, 09:37 AM
Nice workout race, zero competition.

Now the spin is UM may pass the Wood and run in Fla.

Checking to determine the the Second Derby Pool closes!

lamboguy
03-13-2011, 10:30 AM
on another note, congradulations to all the people involved in the tampa derby yesterday, WATCH ME GO. Kathleen O'connell is a very good trainer in her own right, she has been at this for years. Gil Cambell is an old timer from new england that has been around since i started at the racetrack. and to cap it off Louis Garcia had been having a sub par meet in Tampa on his first trip there, his agent Herson Sanchez must still be in bed this morning after winning that race yesterday, he's not answering his phone!

i guess it all proves that there is a god up there

garyscpa
03-13-2011, 10:43 AM
I don't care if he wins or not, its just another horse race where i'll be betting against a heavy favorite. I've lost plenty of bets trying to beat good horses at underlaid odds and i'll lose plenty more, its just part of doing business.

Right, like you bet against Zenyatta. :D

InTheRiver68
03-13-2011, 12:37 PM
That is generally correct. OBS ITW, for example, went for "a lot of nickles" on that $2.10, and they weren't too happy.
That is *always* correct. The off-track location always has the option to close the pool at their location and simply not take the wager...Meadowlands does it all the time. They also have the option to limit your wager, but that's a tough one to enforce.

He ended up with 92.7% of the show pool, which was too fat to pass up. If he had run out (or lost his jock, or whatever), and the result had been 6-2-4, the show prices would have been $18.40 - $47.20 - $25.40, respectively. My $150 would have gotten me $1,786. As it was, my $150 returned $96, which I was okay with.

-InTheRiver68

classhandicapper
03-13-2011, 12:57 PM

It wasn't totally unbettable.

I booked a bet against the horse that finished last at 49-1. I think he was 60-1 at the track and I made him 49-1 if Uncle Mo wasn't in the race. :lol: