PDA

View Full Version : oaklawn r-8 what happened

windstone
03-12-2011, 07:20 AM
3-11., race 8. i saw the 2 horse get real aggressive loading and all of a sudden all of the horse were sent back to the paddock for about thirty minutes. i suspect one of the loading people got hurt. they finally posted delay due to injury. hope nothing serious.

David-LV
03-12-2011, 09:52 AM
3-11., race 8. i saw the 2 horse get real aggressive loading and all of a sudden all of the horse were sent back to the paddock for about thirty minutes. i suspect one of the loading people got hurt. they finally posted delay due to injury. hope nothing serious.

You are right, one of the gate workers was injured.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/61873/oaklawn-park-assistant-starter-injured?source=rss

Longshot
03-12-2011, 09:52 AM
Assistant starter Ben Ewing sustained a head injury prior to the start of the eighth race Friday at Oaklawn. He was listed in stable condition later in the evening at St. Joseph Mercy Health Center in Hot Springs, Ark.

Ewing was injured while attempting to load the No. 2 horse, Mysterious Chimes, into the gate for the first-level allowance sprint for fillies and mares.

PhantomOnTour
03-12-2011, 10:00 AM
Oakland?
It's cool...folks here pronounce Monmouth by saying Mamou, which is actually a town in Louisiana.
Wonder if anyone has driven there looking for the track...