PDA

View Full Version : Tampa Bay Saturday Card

toussaud
03-11-2011, 11:48 PM
you know, i'm glad that the tampa bay derby is tomorrow and all and I'm looking forward to seeing some good racing, but from a handicapping standpoint, this card freaking sucks lol. I'm sorry. 3 races are just flat out, walk overs for all intents and purposes I'm sure Im' not the only one that feels that way. Just makes you wonder, what really drives wagering. I would rather the tampa bay derby be a weak rendition but it be open to like 6 horses that can win than have a showcase for one horse at 2/5

Southieboy
03-11-2011, 11:55 PM
Bet Gulfstream. (well, minus the Uncle Mo Inv.)

Marlin
03-12-2011, 12:28 AM
you know, i'm glad that the tampa bay derby is tomorrow and all and I'm looking forward to seeing some good racing, but from a handicapping standpoint, this card freaking sucks lol. I'm sorry. 3 races are just flat out, walk overs for all intents and purposes I'm sure Im' not the only one that feels that way. Just makes you wonder, what really drives wagering. I would rather the tampa bay derby be a weak rendition but it be open to like 6 horses that can win than have a showcase for one horse at 2/5I do like Miss Smarty Pants in the 10th. The turf races in that pick 4 sequence look like it would take chaos theory to figure out.:) Maybe Brethren is another Bluegrass Cat. I'll take a shot.

The_Knight_Sky
03-12-2011, 10:30 AM
http://i54.tinypic.com/2mescwo.jpg (http://theknightskyracing.blogspot.com/2011/03/2-across-board-tampa-bay-derby-day-free.html)

This should be a great day of racing.
I am conducting a $2 wps contest on the tail end of the card.
This one is for bragging rights only. Hope to see some PA experts high up on the leaderboard (http://theknightskyracing.blogspot.com/2011/03/2-across-board-tampa-bay-derby-day-free.html)

MickJ26
03-12-2011, 12:12 PM
Dominguez is in to ride. It wouldn't surprise me if he sweeps all his races.

Jasonm921
03-12-2011, 01:13 PM
There was a time when Craig Perret was a must bet whenever he would get on a plane to go somewhere. Dominguez appears to be in the same category.

lamboguy
03-12-2011, 01:59 PM
no question dominguez is good, but his agent is great!

he comes from a small state, but walks around with a big heart

Tom
03-12-2011, 02:04 PM
I agree on the card today, but Tam seems to have really hit the bottom this year - worst year I can remember there. I guess just way too many races are taking the toll everywhere.

RXB
03-12-2011, 04:12 PM
you know, i'm glad that the tampa bay derby is tomorrow and all and I'm looking forward to seeing some good racing, but from a handicapping standpoint, this card freaking sucks lol. I'm sorry. 3 races are just flat out, walk overs for all intents and purposes I'm sure Im' not the only one that feels that way. Just makes you wonder, what really drives wagering. I would rather the tampa bay derby be a weak rendition but it be open to like 6 horses that can win than have a showcase for one horse at 2/5

Two of the so-called "walkovers" just went down at 1/5 and 3/5.

toussaud
03-12-2011, 04:30 PM
Two of the so-called "walkovers" just went down at 1/5 and 3/5.
wow that's cool. But the fact that they lose is irrelevant. The bottom line is, the races are seen as one horse races, and when I am looking for races that are more competitive so i can make money, as does everyone, this gets passed up. races you watch, are not necessarily the same races you wager on, see the timely writer. I can't take 1/9 but i can't take anyone else in the field. if mo loses the race, still doesn't make it a good race to wager on.

RXB
03-12-2011, 04:34 PM
You said there were three "walkovers;" who's the third? Royal Delta or Brethren?

Charli125
03-12-2011, 05:04 PM
I agree on the card today, but Tam seems to have really hit the bottom this year - worst year I can remember there. I guess just way too many races are taking the toll everywhere.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but Tampa is up in handle and field size compared to last year, so they must be doing something right!

As for me personally, I can't hit anything there this year. If I think it's going to be chalk it's a longshot, if I think it's a longhsot it ends up chalk.

toussaud
03-12-2011, 05:37 PM
damn grunder lamo lol

16k claimer comes in 2nd place

Tom
03-12-2011, 05:54 PM
You said there were three "walkovers;" who's the third? Royal Delta or Brethren?

Not Brethren! :lol:

MickJ26
03-12-2011, 06:04 PM
damn grunder lamo lol

16k claimer comes in 2nd place

I thought it was a great call by Grunder. His enthusiasm was spot on. It certainly was noteworthy that the big odds-on horse was being challenged by a 16-claimer.

toussaud
03-12-2011, 06:09 PM
I thought it was a great call by Grunder. His enthusiasm was spot on. It certainly was noteworthy that the big odds-on horse was being challenged by a 16-claimer.
I thought he was going to die

PhantomOnTour
03-12-2011, 06:09 PM
I agree that Grunder did a good job on this one.

RXB
03-12-2011, 06:10 PM
Not Brethren! :lol:

Quite the chalkfest:

7th race -- 1/5 finishes 4th, exacta pays $608
8th race -- 3/5 finishes 6th, exacta pays $1059
9th race -- 9/5 finishes 2nd, winner pays $26, exacta a puny $93
10th race-- 8/5 and 9/5 finish 9th and 6th, exacta a mere $115
11th race-- 1/2 finishes 3rd, exacta pays $2194

precocity
03-12-2011, 06:14 PM
mofo box the 3-7-9-10 for a 2$ tri :bang: :bang: :bang:

and why did i put the 9 inn? hunch!!!!!!!!!! the 6 was a dog in my eyes but not today..... :(

phattty
03-12-2011, 08:58 PM
crappy card set record for handle.....11 million...even with all the walkovers and non-competitive races

The_Knight_Sky
03-12-2011, 09:13 PM
crappy card set record for handle ...

Well these guys didn't think it was too crappy. Not at all.

http://i51.tinypic.com/14c72he.jpg (http://theknightskyracing.blogspot.com/2011/03/2-across-board-tampa-bay-derby-day-free.html)

full leaderboard may be viewed: here (http://theknightskyracing.blogspot.com/2011/03/2-across-board-tampa-bay-derby-day-free.html). Thanks for playing everybody. :ThmbUp:

phattty
03-12-2011, 09:45 PM
i didn't say it was crappy, seemed to be the theme of the thread....

i'm @ Tampa most everyday they are open, and these puzzles are tough to solve, but very rewarding

missed all of them today [used some of them as unders] but even though there are days you just go home scratching your head, i thoroughly enjoy the meet

The_Knight_Sky
03-12-2011, 09:54 PM
there are days you just go home scratching your head,
i thoroughly enjoy the meet.

I like the meet. The quality of the horses is not the problem. It's the strange
names of the horsemen and their M.O. that's befuddling. The horsemen have come from all over. The melting pot of the eastern seaboard.

This is the first meet that I'm really paying attention to. And after today I'd say I have a heck of a lot work to feel comfortable at Tampa. Wait till next year. ;)

phattty
03-12-2011, 10:58 PM
a note towards next year........mark down all the winning trainers b4 jan1 and look for these guys to do it again...some surprising winners in 1st couple weeks from guys who aim for the meet...led to some big balloons last couple years

CincyHorseplayer
03-13-2011, 03:27 AM
I thought the card was great today.Pluck looked to be getting a prep race and Brethren didn't look like much.Plus there were a slew of paceless fields.I missed on the Derby,as I think did everybody.But there were a lot of nice straight,exacta,and doubles payouts( I love rolling DD's) today that were completely logical.