PDA

View Full Version : Exacta Bettors

Robert Goren
03-11-2011, 04:10 AM
Do exacta payouts take the same kind of late drops that we sometimes see in win odds?

sjk
03-11-2011, 06:35 AM
If an exacta is paying more than the win prices of the two horses would lead you to expect and the horses are among the favorites (3-2 over 3-1 paying $35), more often than not it will drop.

Canarsie
03-11-2011, 07:49 AM
Do exacta payouts take the same kind of late drops that we sometimes see in win odds?

I would say no if anything they are an indicator of who will get the late money. The will pays usually will tell you who the favorite will be even though it makes no sense to me why exactas aren't bet late also.

SchagFactorToWin
03-11-2011, 10:18 AM

My data shows a similar move to W pays: the lowest payouts drop, the highest payouts tend to rise. I, however, do not attribute this to post-bell betting.

CincyHorseplayer
03-11-2011, 10:40 AM
I've seen exactas drop 38% after the last will pay is up.

But I've also seen them go up by a 3rd also.

lamboguy
03-11-2011, 11:24 AM
I've seen exactas drop 38% after the last will pay is up.

But I've also seen them go up by a 3rd also.
today you are dealing with people that can cancel their bets to influence the pools right before the race too. another words a guy can bet a $1000 daily double at penn national, drop the odds to some rediculous number where it scares others off those numbers. cancel $900 of their bet and get a double that is an unbelievable overlay. i saw a guy do that at the old garden state racecourse. he bet a 3-5 shot and a 2-1 shot in a 6 horse field and cancelled most of his bet and got an exacta that paid $52.00. its stealing, but it does happen. i wouldn't do it because i am somewhat moral, and i can't afford to risk my reputation in the game for the sake of stealing money. i do cancel if i bet a horse that bust through the gate everytime it happens to me. it is a big enough advantage for me to do this, but it is certainly unfair for those that are sitting at a racetrack that does not have that option. the bets that i cancel are very rarely over a $200 bet and would not influence a big pool that much.

CincyHorseplayer
03-12-2011, 02:19 AM
today you are dealing with people that can cancel their bets to influence the pools right before the race too. another words a guy can bet a $1000 daily double at penn national, drop the odds to some rediculous number where it scares others off those numbers. cancel $900 of their bet and get a double that is an unbelievable overlay. i saw a guy do that at the old garden state racecourse. he bet a 3-5 shot and a 2-1 shot in a 6 horse field and cancelled most of his bet and got an exacta that paid $52.00. its stealing, but it does happen. i wouldn't do it because i am somewhat moral, and i can't afford to risk my reputation in the game for the sake of stealing money. i do cancel if i bet a horse that bust through the gate everytime it happens to me. it is a big enough advantage for me to do this, but it is certainly unfair for those that are sitting at a racetrack that does not have that option. the bets that i cancel are very rarely over a $200 bet and would not influence a big pool that much.

I was at the bet machine last Septmeber ready to plow a $40 exacta,when from 2 minutes to 1 minute it dropped to $12.I was so pissed off that I had forgotten to make my win bet.The horse I liked won at 6-1.The exacta went back up to $24.

I've been a victim and a gift receiver of late odds changes.I've had 5/2's go up to 4-1.So if I really like a horse,knowing that this mind of BS can go either way.I just make the bet.Ever since that day I've only had 2 late odds drops that were minimal.If my 50% overlay only pays 30%,I can live with it as long as it's not every time.I get more upset about longshot prices dropping than the lower variety though.Having a 14-1 shot drop to 8-1 after the bell makes me want to break stuff.