PDA

View Full Version : i need verification

lamboguy
03-10-2011, 09:28 PM
i am told that a large player testified yesterday infront of the kentucky racing board that he was able to bet a race 55 seconds after the bell with proof on a fairgrounds race. i am thinking that if the guy bet with 55 seconds into the race, why wouldn't he just wait until after the whole race to make sure he leaves nothing to chance?

cj
03-10-2011, 09:53 PM
Maybe he bet at 30, 40, 50, and was shut out after a minute!

tzipi
03-11-2011, 12:29 AM
i am told that a large player testified yesterday infront of the kentucky racing board that he was able to bet a race 55 seconds after the bell with proof on a fairgrounds race. i am thinking that if the guy bet with 55 seconds into the race, why wouldn't he just wait until after the whole race to make sure he leaves nothing to chance?

You know what's funny is I heard someone taking to a teller about this at OTB today. Don't know if it was the same story but it was about the same thing.

garyscpa
03-11-2011, 08:14 AM

Where's the thrill in that?

FenceBored
03-11-2011, 08:53 AM
I wonder whether this was a new thing, or a rehash of the Mike Maloney incident from a few years ago.

magwell
03-11-2011, 09:24 AM
We have to be pretty dense to believe it's not still happening, it's tough enough to beat the take..... and then feel some people are past posting you when you lose. But we are hooked on the game { I know I am} that's the bottom line,its like you have a girlfriend your crazy about but you have a strong feeling she's cheating on you but you cant quit her...... :cool:

lamboguy
03-11-2011, 09:42 AM
We have to be pretty dense to believe it's not still happening, it's tough enough to beat the take..... and then feel some people are past posting you when you lose. But we are hooked on the game { I know I am} that's the bottom line,its like you have a girlfriend your crazy about but you have a strong feeling she's cheating on you but you cant quit her...... :cool:
they fooled me pretty good. i thought that since they had changed over to dish network and a 7 second delay, that would eliminate after the bell wagers. last night at charlietown i bet a 10 horse that was 5-2 leaving the gate, he didn't miss the break but he moved backwards and was last down the backstretch. the 5 horse left the gate at 4/5 and wound up with a 7 length lead, his odds went down to 2/5. out of the clouds comes my 10 horse, he wins and pays $12.20. obviously sometimes the late changes help you.

Kelso
03-13-2011, 03:07 AM
It remains in the interest of any organization that makes its money by administering bets ... tracks, OTBs, ADWs, etc ... to keep their heaviest hitters happy. The more that is bet, the more they make; and small-frye watching their payouts dwindle in the stretch has no immediate effect on the track/OTB/ADW bottom lines. (Over time, of course, it's very likely a different story.)

If keeping a back door open is what some of those heavyweights want, my bet is that some bet handlers are doing exactly that.

thaskalos
03-13-2011, 03:11 AM
It remains in the interest of any organization that makes its money by administering bets ... tracks, OTBs, ADWs, etc ... to keep their heaviest hitters happy. The more that is bet, the more they make; and small-frye watching their payouts dwindle in the stretch has no immediate effect on the track/OTB/ADW bottom lines. (Over time, of course, it's very likely a different story.)

If keeping a back door open is what some of those heavyweights want, my bet is that some bet handlers are doing exactly that.

That's a very comforting thought...

BombsAway Bob
03-14-2011, 01:25 PM
they fooled me pretty good. i thought that since they had changed over to dish network and a 7 second delay, that would eliminate after the bell wagers. last night at charlietown i bet a 10 horse that was 5-2 leaving the gate, he didn't miss the break but he moved backwards and was last down the backstretch. the 5 horse left the gate at 4/5 and wound up with a 7 length lead, his odds went down to 2/5. out of the clouds comes my 10 horse, he wins and pays $12.20. obviously sometimes the late changes help you.
maybe it's not the last second bet being made.. maybe Two horses have large Win bets on them, & the past poster cancels the one that breaks poorly?

lamboguy
03-14-2011, 02:37 PM
maybe it's not the last second bet being made.. maybe Two horses have large Win bets on them, & the past poster cancels the one that breaks poorly?for sure

Phantombridgejumpe
03-14-2011, 03:42 PM
not to support closing all pools a minute before they load.

I don't like it, but the betters have earned this punishment.