PDA

View Full Version : YONKERS Thursday Night!!!

Not4Love
03-10-2011, 04:48 PM
I like a couple tonight. Yonkers 4th: #1 TERRA COTTA BAY

Yonkers 5th: #2 INFINITE DESIRE

Yonkers 7th: #5 ANGEL OFTHE WEST

botster
03-10-2011, 06:31 PM
Good card again tonight, so let us see if we can get "back in the black" for the week.

1st SKYWAY HANOVER is in good shape,but the Steve Smith angle looms large.This horse was good last week.
2 JM DANCING STAR is just another horse these days and cannot be played.
3 STYX DELIGHT was one I liked in last and raced well despite a crappy trip.Steady with the drops in condition, looks like the one they have to beat.
4 TRANCE Mike Forte will have to think seriously about hanging up the lines in the driving department soon.
5 GOLDEN OPT i like the connections,but this is just a bad horse.
6 BAD OBSESSION this change to G.B interests me.Sholty likes to use him when his horses are good.That seems odd, since she made a break in last.I really believe it could have been the handling by Lachance in last that caused that break.She is fresh and rates a longshot chance in her once again tonight.
7 BEST BET YET doesn't look like much of a bet to myself this evening.
8 ROCA ROCKETTE-is a nice horse,but how will she get involved here?

Not4Love
03-10-2011, 06:53 PM
I'm nervous already! Steve Smith looks like he has the best horse in here. If he is 3/2 (like now), I'll pass. Need a decent price on this one.

botster
03-10-2011, 07:08 PM
I'm nervous already! Steve Smith looks like he has the best horse in here. If he is 3/2 (like now), I'll pass. Need a decent price on this one.

So hard to play Smith,especially on pacers.These odds are unplayable right now.
Heavy winds and bigtime rain scheduled here in New York tonight.

2nd
5 INCOME DE VIE i believe will be better here second time around.He was hikey in that last start here and looked better at Monticello in last.This track is a killer on horses with these banked turns.He was good in last and was on the bit.

botster
03-10-2011, 07:13 PM
They are betting the #7 here, because of her speed,but I believe she has lost her form.
They are hammering down the #6.That 5-2 is hard to swallow.Let's try a small double 3-6/5.

botster
03-10-2011, 07:20 PM
They are betting the #7 here, because of her speed,but I believe she has lost her form.
They are hammering down the #6.That 5-2 is hard to swallow.Let's try a small double 3-6/5.

Boy did they ever crush the #6 there...that was ridiculous! The #7 wasn't much as was the #3 for that matter.Smith wins it with all horse,she has been good,but 5-2 in here wasn't good enough for me.Hudsons horse improves here for a board spot.

botster
03-10-2011, 07:22 PM
It looks like they went ahead and scraped this track already.Seems real hard and many of those mares were showing it in the opener.

botster
03-10-2011, 07:26 PM
Hopefully this track will cause Penas horse to have a rough time of it tonight.I like the #5 INCOME DE VIE here.He lost to a big time winner (20k) in last and was better than the prior race at Mont when he shipped in.

Not4Love
03-10-2011, 07:32 PM
Already a delay at The Big M for track Maintence. I'm passing here.

botster
03-10-2011, 07:37 PM
Hopefully this track will cause Penas horse to have a rough time of it tonight.I like the #5 INCOME DE VIE here.He lost to a big time winner (20k) in last and was better than the prior race at Mont when he shipped in.

OK...the #1 there was well meant and took no prisoners.

Not4Love
03-10-2011, 07:43 PM
Yeah, I should have known. Brent Holland was also a plus.

botster
03-10-2011, 07:45 PM
The #3 here shoukd have been charted with a break last out AND SHOULD HAVE QUALIFIED.

The #1 VIGOROUS was pretty game in last.Chronic lamer,but he looked good in last.

6 PEGASUS OSBORNE needed that last one and is a veteran classmaster.
7 CARD MASTER couldn't go by the chalk in last but raced determined.

Not4Love
03-10-2011, 07:48 PM
Pegasus Osbourne is exiting two competive events. I'll go with him.

botster
03-10-2011, 07:51 PM
I won't use the #5 here,but will use the #2.Let's try 1-6/1-2-6.I will bet w/p on #1.

botster
03-10-2011, 07:56 PM
I won't use the #5 here,but will use the #2.Let's try 1-6/1-2-6.I will bet w/p on #1.

I didn't catch the exacta, but I had the w/p.When these chronic type get sound they are very dangerous.

$23.20 $10.20

botster
03-10-2011, 08:04 PM
This is an interesting race...
2 BC'S JESSE was a very talented horse up in Canada years ago and just went plain DEAD for many years.Pena has got some of the best prerace in the business, and I have to believe this one will wake up for him.I am guessing he messed around with something in last and that caused the break.

6 ANYTHING BUT PLAIN i like this one tonight.Another fresh sort who has been racing much better since that claim off a lifetime cold trainer.Ned has had a good year so far and is indangerous form here.

5 ROYAL FORTUNE could be a player here so I will use with the value horse.

botster
03-10-2011, 08:15 PM
This is an interesting race...
2 BC'S JESSE was a very talented horse up in Canada years ago and just went plain DEAD for many years.Pena has got some of the best prerace in the business, and I have to believe this one will wake up for him.I am guessing he messed around with something in last and that caused the break.

6 ANYTHING BUT PLAIN i like this one tonight.Another fresh sort who has been racing much better since that claim off a lifetime cold trainer.Ned has had a good year so far and is indangerous form here.

5 ROYAL FORTUNE could be a player here so I will use with the value horse.

#2 This horse will probably be another one to go on a tear here for Pena, then be amished.

botster
03-10-2011, 08:17 PM
It looks like the M1 cancelled their card.

botster
03-10-2011, 08:27 PM
2 INFINITE DESIRE had some issues with his gate,but that was her first start back and probably her first race ever at this track.She just did fall short in that last race.6 months out and this guy Long had her ready to roll.He also has done well with a few others since I have been following.

3-4-7 seem to be the logical plays here,but all aren't anywhere near standouts.
5-1 right now on the value pick,but that may go down here with the scratch of #1.

2/3-4-7...I like this box here, but they are short.I will pass this race.

botster
03-10-2011, 08:34 PM
2 INFINITE DESIRE had some issues with his gate,but that was her first start back and probably her first race ever at this track.She just did fall short in that last race.6 months out and this guy Long had her ready to roll.He also has done well with a few others since I have been following.

3-4-7 seem to be the logical plays here,but all aren't anywhere near standouts.
5-1 right now on the value pick,but that may go down here with the scratch of #1.

2/3-4-7...I like this box here, but they are short.I will pass this race.

Betting short exactas will ultimatley be a major fail in this game.The GP used her hard from the 1 post and suffered the consequences.Too many factors play into this game, to risk money, at such low probable returns.

botster
03-10-2011, 08:43 PM
I am taking a good look @ #4 BOOK MARK & #5 IMA SAKRA.

#4 Moves up off a solid try in last and #5 here was a horse that the former connections would play around with in looking to cash tickets.

Robiliard is another of whom likes going to the window and they have this one pretty sharp right now.

Pena claimed the #2,but that 1 got beat by WILDFIRE BO a horse that hates to win!

At 6-1 or better I will bet both of these w/p.A wheel, and backwheel, on both may be in order here.

botster
03-10-2011, 08:53 PM
I am taking a good look @ #4 BOOK MARK & #5 IMA SAKRA.

#4 Moves up off a solid try in last and #5 here was a horse that the former connections would play around with in looking to cash tickets.

Robiliard is another of whom likes going to the window and they have this one pretty sharp right now.

Pena claimed the #2,but that 1 got beat by WILDFIRE BO a horse that hates to win!

At 6-1 or better I will bet both of these w/p.A wheel, and backwheel, on both may be in order here.

Pena and his CA connections just too tough to beat there.#4 BOOKMARK closes @ 5-1.#5 had his work cut out for him coming first up against the winner.

botster
03-10-2011, 09:02 PM
2 BRITASH REDCOAT has been super lately and he is in the low % of horses here that look better than average soundness wise.
3 SLICK LAVRA is a Australian import of whom raced with a tough trip in last and is reasonably fresh.Here's owner Bendis again using trainer Cassar and down under man Mark Lewis again.They popped a few nights ago at big odds!

This horse made over 100k in Australia that's pretty damn good!!They are taking him off Lasix in which they cannot race with in Australia.That first race back in nw 12,000 was pretty good.

2-3/2-3-4-7.

botster
03-10-2011, 09:03 PM
2 BRITASH REDCOAT has been super lately and he is in the low % of horses here that look better than average soundness wise.
3 SLICK LAVRA is a Australian import of whom raced with a tough trip in last and is reasonably fresh.Here's owner Bendis again using trainer Cassar and down under man Mark Lewis again.They popped a few nights ago at big odds!

This horse made over 100k in Australia that's pretty damn good!!They are taking him off Lasix in which they cannot race with in Australia.That first race back in nw 12,000 was pretty good.

2-3/2-3-4-7..

botster
03-10-2011, 09:11 PM
I like a couple tonight. Yonkers 4th: #1 TERRA COTTA BAY

Yonkers 5th: #2 INFINITE DESIRE

Yonkers 7th: #5 ANGEL OFTHE WEST

8-1...on #5 ANGEL OFTHE WEST!!! Great job!

botster
03-10-2011, 09:12 PM
Howard Oil makes a special appearance on TVG...Holy ****!!

botster
03-10-2011, 09:18 PM
I thought 4&5 could be the value here, but Smiths charge is getting bet too hard.Hard to get a good read on the #5...I will pass.

botster
03-10-2011, 09:38 PM
Im looking at #2 WHATTA HUSTLER does not show a single bubble on his entire past performance.He usually just leaves and gets checks.Last week he didn't leave and got jammed in and had to check near the wire.Interesting...Bartlett gets on, and I bet he won't be sitting in here tonightThis guy has done pretty well since that claim off Raymer,not too many can keep one going off of him.He's been raced easy enough now to believe he could be used here with Bartlett.

Howard Oil WON'T do his "Bullet" Bob Meyer impersonation on TVG...PRICELESS!!!

botster
03-10-2011, 09:43 PM
2 BB TORIO goesoff the favorite in 30's on that bottom line.7-2...maybe some small exactas.1-3-5-7

botster
03-10-2011, 09:46 PM
2 BB TORIO goesoff the favorite in 30's on that bottom line.7-2...maybe some small exactas.1-3-5-7

The favorite takes it here...We will give them that one.

botster
03-10-2011, 09:55 PM
Im looking at #2 WHATTA HUSTLER does not show a single bubble on his entire past performance.He usually just leaves and gets checks.Last week he didn't leave and got jammed in and had to check near the wire.Interesting...Bartlett gets on, and I bet he won't be sitting in here tonightThis guy has done pretty well since that claim off Raymer,not too many can keep one going off of him.He's been raced easy enough now to believe he could be used here with Bartlett.

Howard Oil WON'T do his "Bullet" Bob Meyer impersonation on TVG...PRICELESS!!!

They are betting Penas trotter again like he's the only one competing...hahaha.

Alright small w/p #2, if I can get 5-1 near post.

botster
03-10-2011, 10:07 PM
They are betting Penas trotter again like he's the only one competing...hahaha.

Alright small w/p #2, if I can get 5-1 near post.

JON WIN goes a nice 1 and scores first over,My pick here just wasn't good enough...

botster
03-10-2011, 10:15 PM
There is no way I am betting against 5 FAROUCH HANOVER in the last.If the doubles go up here in the 11th with the 1&2 I will go ahead and throw a few bucks on it.They need to get in the $30 range.

botster
03-10-2011, 10:31 PM
I might go ahead and play my first triple since following Yonkers.I really believe FAROUCH HANOVER is a much better horse than Penas LIL MISS NYATION.In fact the 1or 2 could be in the place spot setting up a nice triple.

5/1-2-6/1-2-4-5-6

5/1-2 exacta

Somehow if I can get 3-1 I will bet win...

botster
03-10-2011, 10:43 PM
I might go ahead and play my first triple since following Yonkers.I really believe FAROUCH HANOVER is a much better horse than Penas LIL MISS NYATION.In fact the 1or 2 could be in the place spot setting up a nice triple.

5/1-2-6/1-2-4-5-6

5/1-2 exacta

Somehow if I can get 3-1 I will bet win...

Pena again...4 tonight for him.He made things rough for me tonight.I thought my pick would be much better there...oh well.

Until Thursday...Good Fortune:)

Postime
03-10-2011, 11:07 PM
All this fancy capp'in all you needed to do was play the 1 and 2 hole and made out like a bandit, since M1 canceled the handle's should be up 30k a race with that new 1 1/16 rac'in surface.

Not4Love
03-11-2011, 08:37 AM
They call that redboarding. Obvious after they already have run.

Not4Love
03-11-2011, 08:44 AM
I lost my internet (via satellite ) because of the weather last night. I packed it in early. I just breezed through your threads on my phone. All I could see was Pena-pena. What a nightmare. It's too bad because it just ruins a good card of racing.

botster
03-11-2011, 12:05 PM
I lost my internet (via satellite ) because of the weather last night. I packed it in early. I just breezed through your threads on my phone. All I could see was Pena-pena. What a nightmare. It's too bad because it just ruins a good card of racing.

Hope you were able to get in a bet on your pick ANGEL OF THE WEST.Nice mutual!

Pena can kill you here on certain nights and you just have to "chalk it up"
(No pun intended).They have done very little to prevent these guys from practicing this crime and until they they get off their lazy arses and start investigating this will continue.This has been going on since I have been in the game, going back to trainers,Ray Flis,Fred Grant,Joe Guarino,Bob Sumner, and the list just goes on and on.These guys have a slew of owners and horses racing, and the racing commision just will not touch them.

The good part is, that his horses must crash at some point.You can only use these type of preraces and painkillers for so long.He's good at the game, because he learned from one of the best... Ross Croghan.

Many of his horses continue to look sub-par on the track almost every night.The summer weather will be here shortly, and we will see how they hold up during that time.

Betting value is a tough "nut to crack".I had a price horse early on in yesterdays card,but no exacta, and that "did me in" for the night.

In two weeks I am going to step the w/p bets up, and start incorporating pick 3's and 4's into the plays. As far as posting the comments,I will stop posting them here, and just use them for my own studies.I find myself still somewhat cramming my actual handicapping the past performances.Not making excuses,but I need to have a good three hours, or so, to look over a card.

I am happy to see you doing well with this.

Until Monday...Continued Fortune:)