PDA

View Full Version : Just got a tweet....

Shelby
03-10-2011, 12:23 PM
Bloodhorse says "Zenyatta confirmed in foal". :)

precocity
03-10-2011, 12:25 PM
wow.....cha ching$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ :ThmbUp:

PhantomOnTour
03-10-2011, 12:39 PM
I believe the technical term is 'preggas'.

Tom
03-10-2011, 12:44 PM
This is un-bee-lee-va-bull!

PhantomOnTour
03-10-2011, 12:45 PM
Who's the sire? Bernardini?
Wonder if he pulled a 'Trevor' during the mating, yelling "Zenyatta! Zenyatta!! Zenyatta!!!"

precocity
03-10-2011, 12:54 PM
Who's the sire? Bernardini?
Wonder if he pulled a 'Trevor' during the mating, yelling "Zenyatta! Zenyatta!! Zenyatta!!!"
:lol: yes im sure Bernardini had a good time with that big gal :D

cj's dad
03-10-2011, 12:55 PM
:lol: yes im sure Bernardini had a good time with that big gal :D

I wonder how many phone books he was standing on ??

precocity
03-10-2011, 01:00 PM
:lol: :lol: OK OK we are going to get dogged out in a minute by the All Hail Queen Zenyatta faithful....

MaTH716
03-10-2011, 01:07 PM
:lol: :lol: OK OK we are going to get dogged out in a minute by the All Hail Queen Zenyatta faithful....

Nah, don't worry about them. After they stop crying, they will be probably making plans for a baby shower.

Cardus
03-10-2011, 01:14 PM
HARK! The herald angels have sung.

Tom
03-10-2011, 01:26 PM
Who is Harold Angel?

Donnie
03-10-2011, 01:32 PM
That would be Chris Angel's brother, tip sheet seller at the Luxor.

Grits
03-10-2011, 01:35 PM
There are things online that are good. A lot of things. There are also things that are questionable.

When the Mosses and the Sherriffs created Zenyatta's daily diary, Zenyatta's fans began a constant fawning, following her every breath, every bite of every carrot, and every bowel movement she takes, etc, etc. These folks post some of the most bizzare stuff I've ever read in print.

Something is truly questionable in one's life, when one has nothing more to do with their time than check their computer every few hours, some even on the quarter hour, to learn of "the news they've been awaiting for fourteen days".

When the announcement comes they are blubbering and crying over a mare being in foal?

This, for some reason, is beyond comprehension to me.

horses4courses
03-10-2011, 01:41 PM
There are things online that are good. A lot of things. There are also things that are questionable.

When the Mosses and the Sherriffs created Zenyatta's daily diary, Zenyatta's fans began a constant fawning, following her every breath, every bite of every carrot, and every bowel movement she takes, etc, etc. These folks post some of the most bizzare stuff I've ever read in print.

Something is truly questionable in one's life, when one has nothing more to do with their time than check their computer every few hours, some even on the quarter hour, to learn of "the news they've been awaiting for fourteen days".

When the announcement comes they are blubbering and crying over a mare being in foal?

So, in your opinion, this news is best ignored by those who might be interested, and should go without mention in the interest of good taste?
Brother.....

5k-claim
03-10-2011, 02:12 PM

This, for some reason, is beyond comprehension to me.Thanks for taking the time to check it all out and report on it.

Tom
03-10-2011, 02:22 PM

Then why go there?
Do you go to russian-ballet.com and criticize? ;)

Grits
03-10-2011, 02:22 PM
So, in your opinion, this news is best ignored by those who might be interested, and should go without mention in the interest of good taste?
Brother.....

http://www.zenyatta.com/news/diary-post-201

My post had not a thing to do with taste, I didn't write a word about taste. Nor did I write a word about ignoring Zenyatta. Not at all. Why would I, or anyone else, expect or anticipate HOY to be ignored in the media or by race fans? No way, never happen. (Maybe you simply skimmed the post quickly, and hit submit.)

Comments I read online in the last few minutes are what I wrote about. Now, if you can fully explain how a good number of these comments cannot be noted as bizarre . . . . I'm willing to read further. But not at her website. I can't hang. Five minutes was enough.

Tom
03-10-2011, 02:23 PM
Bowls of peaches and cream after fifteen minutes....I heard.

Grits
03-10-2011, 02:23 PM
Then why go there?
Do you go to russian-ballet.com and criticize? ;)

My mistake. My stupidity. Neither'll get me again.

Shelby
03-10-2011, 03:13 PM
I honestly didn't know that you could tell that a horse was pregnant that quickly. Do they do a test every day? Does she pee on a stick? (kidding)

Cardus
03-10-2011, 03:28 PM

Excellent post, Grits.

Shelby
03-10-2011, 03:32 PM
Grits, you forced me to go to Facebook and check out Zen's page.

I like Zenyatta, but, you're right. There are some off the hook people over there lol.

I stopped reading at the post where a lady is calling herself "an honorary god parent". :lol:

Cardus
03-10-2011, 03:38 PM
Grits, you forced me to go to Facebook and check out Zen's page.

I like Zenyatta, but, you're right. There are some off the hook people over there lol.

I stopped reading at the post where a lady is calling herself "an honorary god parent". :lol:

That was Tom.

SmartyParty
03-10-2011, 03:39 PM
I think that the Mosses and Dottie Ingordo-Shirreffs want to continue sharing Queen Z with her public. This is a good thing in that it is a positive for racing. And Zenyatta is bringing in a lot of new fans. Kudos to Dottie who takes a LOT of time with Zenyatta News. She educates fans not just about horses and racing, but also about all of the charities out there, many of which the Mosses have contributed much money to. We spend so much time complaining about not having any new fans ... helllllo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MaTH716
03-10-2011, 03:44 PM
I think that the Mosses and Dottie Ingordo-Shirreffs want to continue sharing Queen Z with her public. This is a good thing in that it is a positive for racing. And Zenyatta is bringing in a lot of new fans. Kudos to Dottie who takes a LOT of time with Zenyatta News. She educates fans not just about horses and racing, but also about all of the charities out there, many of which the Mosses have contributed much money to. We spend so much time complaining about not having any new fans ... helllllo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You could have all the fans in the world watching your sport, but if they don't put a dollar into betting pools it all pretty much goes for naught.

Cardus
03-10-2011, 04:00 PM

You don't know that, though, Smarty.

What's your barometer to measure this?

JustRalph
03-10-2011, 04:09 PM
I honestly didn't know that you could tell that a horse was pregnant that quickly. Do they do a test every day? Does she pee on a stick? (kidding)

It's an EPT stick the size of a canoe paddle

SmartyParty
03-10-2011, 04:31 PM
You don't know that, though, Smarty.

What's your barometer to measure this?

Cardus, I was there at Santa Anita and Churchill talking to these new and adoring fans. It's a good thing!

OTM Al
03-10-2011, 04:46 PM
et ait angelus ei ne timeas Zenyatta invenisti enim gratiam apud Deum....

5k-claim
03-10-2011, 04:51 PM
You could have all the fans in the world watching your sport, but if they don't put a dollar into betting pools it all pretty much goes for naught.I don't agree with that.

There are lots of ways for people to support the thoroughbred community besides betting into wager pools. There are charities that can be supported, horse rescue farms dependent on volunteer hours and plenty of retired horses who are in need of new homes and second careers. There is an entire infrastructure supporting the breed that relies on the time, effort and money of people dedicated to horses.

Does the thoroughbred world need people who "put a dollar into betting pools"? Yes. Of course. It needs their cash.

But it is a bigger world than just that. I think there is plenty of room for the Zenyatta lovers to have a positive impact.

Cardus
03-10-2011, 05:04 PM
et ait angelus ei ne timeas Zenyatta invenisti enim gratiam apud Deum....

BS.

Cardus
03-10-2011, 05:07 PM
Cardus, I was there at Santa Anita and Churchill talking to these new and adoring fans. It's a good thing!

Is attendance up at Santa Anita this season? By how much?

Grits
03-10-2011, 05:17 PM
It's an EPT stick the size of a canoe paddle

Shelby, instead of windows saying "pregnant" or "not pregnant"--or just a pink and a blue window, or however they look today. Her boat paddle, as Ralph called it, said, "Hallelujah" in one window and "Praise God" in the other. Forget the misfortune of it not taking, first jump. Wouldn't happen.

If they're talking in the same manner as they're posting online, they're not bringing a soul to this sport because their families and friends are smiling, politely, and backing off. Uncomfortable and puzzled. There's adoration, and there's obsession. At Zenyatta's website there's much of the latter.

Smarty, those new and adoring Zenyatta fans will carry the same mantle for Zenyatta as the Barbaro fans have carried for him.
--waiting for the second coming--
and it wasn't Nicanor, much to their dismay.

SmartyParty
03-10-2011, 05:34 PM
I don't agree with that.

There are lots of ways for people to support the thoroughbred community besides betting into wager pools. There are charities that can be supported, horse rescue farms dependent on volunteer hours and plenty of retired horses who are in need of new homes and second careers. There is an entire infrastructure supporting the breed that relies on the time, effort and money of people dedicated to horses.

Does the thoroughbred world need people who "put a dollar into betting pools"? Yes. Of course. It needs their cash.

But it is a bigger world than just that. I think there is plenty of room for the Zenyatta lovers to have a positive impact.

Well said!

PaceAdvantage
03-10-2011, 05:49 PM
I guess I would be considered by some to have been "anti-Zenyatta" during her heyday...whatever anti-Zenyatta means...

But you know, I don't have a problem with anything mentioned in this thread. If people want to act silly over her, that's cool with me. They're being EXPOSED to Thoroughbred Racing, and in whatever form that comes in, that's good enough for me.

At least in this particular case, it has been nothing but POSITIVE EXPOSURE.

This kind of news has NOTHING to do with breakdowns, NOTHING to do with ex-racehorses going to slaughter, NOTHING to do with corrupt trainers, NOTHING to do with fixed races and NOTHING to do with bankrupt racetracks.

All else considered with the current state of thoroughbred racing, what's not to love here? Let people fawn over her...you never know when one of those people is going to be converted into a lifelong fan/gambler because of it...

JustRalph
03-10-2011, 05:53 PM

It was worth the climb.............

Grits
03-10-2011, 05:54 PM

This is difficult to understand, as the most important aspect is left out, completely.

--Why would one breed horses for a living without a show?

--How does one sell those horses without a show?

--How does one need volunteers for retirement and charities for horses if a show does not exist?

All of the above rests on the shoulders of the show. This show being . . . racing. The foundation.

--So, how does one put on a show without funding?

The answer is: One cannot. If you don't have bettors you don't have a show. You don't have any funding. If the revenue source dries up, if it gives up and walks away, you have no racing.

bigmack
03-10-2011, 05:56 PM
All else considered with the current state of thoroughbred racing, what's not to love here? Let people fawn over her...you never know when one of those people is going to be converted into a lifelong fan/gambler because of it...
Bingo & bravo. People wanna go gaga over a horse, so be it. I still can't figure the same triad here who insist anyone with a passionate interest in that horse are nuts.

horses4courses
03-10-2011, 06:43 PM
http://www.zenyatta.com/news/diary-post-201

My post had not a thing to do with taste, I didn't write a word about taste. Nor did I write a word about ignoring Zenyatta. Not at all. Why would I, or anyone else, expect or anticipate HOY to be ignored in the media or by race fans? No way, never happen. (Maybe you simply skimmed the post quickly, and hit submit.)

Comments I read online in the last few minutes are what I wrote about. Now, if you can fully explain how a good number of these comments cannot be noted as bizarre . . . . I'm willing to read further. But not at her website. I can't hang. Five minutes was enough.

Apologies, Grits. I took you out of context.
I never knew such a site existed, and have no desire to go there.
While I wouldn't be as incredulous as you are concerning fans of such a website, I have similar disbelief when it comes to celebrity gossip, reality tv, etc., and how people react to it. Each to their own, I guess.

5k-claim
03-10-2011, 06:54 PM
This is difficult to understand, as the most important aspect is left out, completely. Actually, it was on the next line. You just forgot to cut-and-paste it.

The answer is: One cannot. If you don't have bettors you don't have a show. You don't have any funding. If the revenue source dries up, if it gives up and walks away, you have no racing.This is true. And obvious. But do you remember the original comment that I responded to, Grits? Did you read it?

You could have all the fans in the world watching your sport, but if they don't put a dollar into betting pools it all pretty much goes for naught. People contributing directly to industry charities are playing important roles. As are the folks who never go to the races and wager but take in retired racehorses and train them for second careers, supporting vital infrastructures like vet practices, tack and leather shops, farriers, feed producers, Dodge Ram dealerships, supplement chefs, etc.

Where do you think old racehorses go? Or horses that never make it to the races? Are they not part of the thoroughbred industry?

Do you really believe that all of the money that is necessary for the support of the breed comes entirely from the pockets of bettors?

I will say it again: whether they bet or not, there are plenty of ways for Zenyatta fans (or whoever) to make contributions to the breed. Heck, just having positive feelings about the sport and letting local politicians aware of that is helpful. We are a sport relying on state laws.

It would be great if every person who ever watched a horse race became a regular gambler, I guess. But there is a lot more to it than just that.

If you cannot understand this, Grits, then there is really nothing that I can do to help you. It is too late by now.

OntheRail
03-10-2011, 07:03 PM

Congrats to Big Zeee.

Nah he could of easily lost his footing on a stack of phone books... much safer to dig a couple of foot deep hole and have her step down into em'. ;)

OTM Al
03-10-2011, 07:12 PM
BS.

Not according to the nuts on that site. I think I'll start a campaign to name it Jesus if it is a colt. It's either that or "Unraced Maiden"

PaceAdvantage
03-10-2011, 07:17 PM
I must admit, I haven't gone over to "that site" to read all that they've been writing about Zenyatta. Is it that bad? Am I going to eat my words from earlier today in this thread?

bigmack
03-10-2011, 07:27 PM
Not according to the nuts on that site. I think I'll start a campaign to name it Jesus if it is a colt. It's either that or "Unraced Maiden"
While they appear a bit unhinged, have you seen fanatics for their favorite sports team? Again, we've all seen people out of their minds if their team is defeated or makes the wrong trade. How is that different?

As for naming it Jesus, I'll have to share my take on that again. My feeling is that Hispanics who name their kids Jesus should go all the way, shoot for the moon and name 'em God. Tough to top.

5k-claim
03-10-2011, 08:09 PM
I must admit, I haven't gone over to "that site" to read all that they've been writing about Zenyatta. Is it that bad? Am I going to eat my words from earlier today in this thread?It might not be the first place I would look if I was hiring a new babysitter.... but I think there could be some donations raised there for injured jockeys, or maybe find a home for an unwanted horse or two.

Grits
03-10-2011, 08:39 PM
Apologies, Grits. I took you out of context.
I never knew such a site existed, and have no desire to go there.
While I wouldn't be as incredulous as you are concerning fans of such a website, I have similar disbelief when it comes to celebrity gossip, reality tv, etc., and how people react to it. Each to their own, I guess.

H4C, all if fine. We have the bolded in common. I can't abide either, not for five minutes. The most mindless garbage on television, I'm amazed that any of it interest anyone.

precocity
03-10-2011, 08:59 PM
if its a colt best believe Sheikh Mohammed is buying him :cool:

gut feeling or am i betting on dubai to much... :lol:

Tom
03-10-2011, 10:38 PM
That was Tom.

No. It wasn't.
I do find it curious though, you have nothing better to than run down other people for having opinions and interests that they don't even post here.
Funny you big tuff handicappers always find the time to run down other people - I would have thought that was an emotional thing.

But feel free to compensate for whatever it is you lack by being a jerk.

Grits
03-10-2011, 10:44 PM
I read your post in its entirety, 5K. I just didn't copy the whole thing because we take up so much bandwidth quoting posts. I'm also well aware of the original post you were responding to. Of greater note, though, is how well you answer your our own questions. Quite succinctly, those are pretty much covered.

If you cannot understand this, Grits, then there is really nothing that I can do to help you. It is too late by now.
Thank you, but I don't need your help. I know few individuals who have success, when they proceed first, by insulting those with whom they're communicating. My questions were based on the fact, if there were no bettors--there would be no sport of thoroughbred racing.

nijinski
03-10-2011, 11:39 PM
Bingo & bravo. People wanna go gaga over a horse, so be it. I still can't figure the same triad here who insist anyone with a passionate interest in that horse are nuts.
I share the same opinions and I love the exposure.

nijinski
03-10-2011, 11:47 PM
if its a colt best believe Sheikh Mohammed is buying him :cool:

gut feeling or am i betting on dubai to much... :lol:

They may not let this one go so easy.
If they do i can see the Aga Khan or the Tsui's in the
the big picture , especially with Zenyatta's potential for
producing a grass runner.

nijinski
03-11-2011, 12:19 AM
An little tidbit and i apologize if it's been posted before.

There is a 2009 filly "Eblouissante" in Sheriff's barn .

Dam is Vertignieux (Zen's Mom) Sire is Bernardini .

All eyes will be on this one's debut if she in fact does.

AgainstAllOdds
03-11-2011, 02:14 AM
They actually did a scan early this morning. I follow the dialy posts that Dottie Sheriffs makes on Facebook (and I would say she's an excellent source of info). Rachel and Zenyatta, both with foal. This is great for the sport of horseracing. I'm both excited and happy.

Bernadini is a big horse himself, so I know he didn't need to stand on a box to get the job done. The embryo is already a good size, so it's definitely going to be a big foal.

AgainstAllOdds
03-11-2011, 02:16 AM
An little tidbit and i apologize if it's been posted before.

There is a 2009 filly "Eblouissante" in Sheriff's barn .

Dam is Vertignieux (Zen's Mom) Sire is Bernardini .

All eyes will be on this one's debut if she in fact does.

Eblouissant is a large filly just like Zenyatta was, but minus the white markings. She will most definitely debut. When, I can't say. I'm hoping she will be an awesome filly.

Rackon
03-11-2011, 03:52 AM
A mare is typically ultra-sounded at 14-16 days after last breeding.

And believe me, you cannot tell at 15 days whether the resulting foal will be large or small.

Since Zen is an amazon and Bernardini is well over 16 hands one assumes it'll be a big kid.

The scan that's key is the one at 42-48 days - that's when the embryo, which has been traveling around in the uterus, attaches itself to the uterine wall.

nijinski
03-11-2011, 04:22 AM
Eblouissant is a large filly just like Zenyatta was, but minus the white markings. She will most definitely debut. When, I can't say. I'm hoping she will be an awesome filly.

Great , Thanks I'll be waiting !

I believe that if horses like her are not successful on the track , they
stiil have a future in the breeding shed .I see that alot with unraced
offspring of class bloodlines .

Zippy Chippy
03-11-2011, 10:36 AM
Guys I just got back from a trip to the future in my Delorian. Had to come back because my flux capacitor wasn't working but saw sports page from MAY 1 2014 sports page.

"Zenyadini and Rachel Curls are Co 5/2 favorites in Saturdays running of the Kentucky Derby"

Fun to dream

AgainstAllOdds
03-11-2011, 10:44 AM
You CAN tell if the embryo is larger than normal though, and in Zen's case "it is reported to be a large embryo." Who am I to argue with the experts. I would expect her to have a large foal. It's true that more scans will be performed, but for now everything looks well. Be happy. Life is way to short to debate small issues.

5k-claim
03-11-2011, 12:36 PM
Thank you, but I don't need your help. I know few individuals who have success, when they proceed first, by insulting those with whom they're communicating. My questions were based on the fact, if there were no bettors--there would be no sport of thoroughbred racing.My bad. I did not know those were actual questions you were asking after all this time- I thought they were rhetorical, ahead of yet another round of a popular song around these parts that claims the only new fans capable of contributing anything worthwhile to the sport are those immediately jumping into the wagering pools.

Sorry about that, Grits.

OntheRail
03-11-2011, 02:20 PM
Guys I just got back from a trip to the future in my Delorian. Had to come back because my flux capacitor wasn't working but saw sports page from MAY 1 2014 sports page.

"Zenyadini and Rachel Curls are Co 5/2 favorites in Saturdays running of the Kentucky Derby"

Fun to dream
And Blame it on Me is taking some action too. According to my Ouija Board. :lol:

FenceBored
03-11-2011, 04:44 PM

Fun to dream

Neither of them will have an offspring that will be in any stakes race for 3 year olds in 2014. Bet on it.

Cardus
03-11-2011, 04:46 PM

Outstanding!

Cardus
03-11-2011, 04:56 PM
No. It wasn't.
I do find it curious though, you have nothing better to than run down other people for having opinions and interests that they don't even post here.
Funny you big tuff handicappers always find the time to run down other people - I would have thought that was an emotional thing.

But feel free to compensate for whatever it is you lack by being a jerk.

Have a sense of humor.

My goodness.

Cardus
03-11-2011, 05:00 PM

Who are the other two?

bigmack
03-11-2011, 08:25 PM
Who are the other two?
Aren't you adorable, you little provocateur you.

Tom
03-11-2011, 08:32 PM
I apologize, Cardus.....my Z genes kicked in there.

Shelby
03-11-2011, 09:44 PM
Awwww, I'm glad you guys made up.

I almost posted that I thought Cardus' post was funny, but I was glad I didn't when I saw that you were mad, Tom.

It's hard to get to know the dynamics around here. :blush:

Tom
03-11-2011, 10:01 PM
Beer helps with that. ;)