6 Premier Pegasus 3, c. Fusaichi Pegasus 118 Alonso Quinonez

7 Bench Points 3, g. Benchmark 118 David Flores

8 Jakesam 3, c. Smoke Glacken 118 Patrick Valenzuela

9 Jaycito 3, c. Victory Gallop 123 Martin Garcia

10 Quail Hill 3, c. Candy Ride (ARG) 118 Martin Pedroza

Chris G
03-10-2011, 01:32 PM
So I'm looking for a colt that has:

a) at least two wins: Awesome Patriot, Comma To The Top, Premier Pegasus, Bench Points & Jakesam

b) has at least been a mile effectively: Awesome Patriot, Comma To The Top & Jakesam

c) raced effectively on dirt (as opposed to an all weather track): Awesome Patriot

On a positive note, if I remember correctly, Baffert does extremely well in races where he enters more than one horse.

I think I'm going with Awesome Patriot.

Striker
03-10-2011, 03:13 PM
So I'm looking for a colt that has:

a) at least two wins: Awesome Patriot, Comma To The Top, Premier Pegasus, Bench Points & Jakesam

b) has at least been a mile effectively: Awesome Patriot, Comma To The Top & Jakesam

c) raced effectively on dirt (as opposed to an all weather track): Awesome Patriot

On a positive note, if I remember correctly, Baffert does extremely well in races where he enters more than one horse.

I think I'm going with Awesome Patriot.
I would classify Premier Pegasus's San Vicente race as an effective race on dirt. Albeit at 7f and not 2 turns but he won't have to deal with those fractions here. He also had a pretty good work on 3/5--57 and 3 handily on the SA surface. Don't know who I am going with yet. Good luck with AP.

theguarantee
03-10-2011, 06:50 PM
Interestingly enough, AP and PP were the two I was intrigued by when seeing the entries, yet to cap it yet though.

Pell Mell
03-11-2011, 06:57 AM
I like the pedigree of Bench Points and Jaycito. :ThmbUp:

PhantomOnTour
03-12-2011, 12:32 AM
Nice race, but I am putting my money elsewhere (not Cali). I do like Awesome Patriot though.

Cardus
03-12-2011, 02:03 AM
I like the pedigree of Bench Points and Jaycito. :ThmbUp:

I remember Bench Points' dam, Mo Chuisle, pretty well. From that standpoint, I am interested to see how he runs.

PhantomOnTour
03-12-2011, 11:23 AM
I remember Bench Points' dam, Mo Chuisle, pretty well. From that standpoint, I am interested to see how he runs.
According to DRF that dam, Mo Chuisle, was unraced and Bench Points is her first foal...how do you remember her?

joanied
03-12-2011, 01:08 PM
Bench Points is her first foal...I'm not all that impressed with this pedigree, but will be interested to see how he runs...

I know Baffert isn't hyping Jaycito to win the San Felipe, but I can't help but pick him to win anyway...with Awesome Patriot and Runflatout for show...I think maybe Comma to the Top just isn't going to take a peice of this one. At any rate, gonna be a fun race and it'll sort out a few things.

toussaud
03-12-2011, 01:20 PM
Bench Points is her first foal...I'm not all that impressed with this pedigree, but will be interested to see how he runs...

I know Baffert isn't hyping Jaycito to win the San Felipe, but I can't help but pick him to win anyway...with Awesome Patriot and Runflatout for show...I think maybe Comma to the Top just isn't going to take a peice of this one. At any rate, gonna be a fun race and it'll sort out a few things.
i like run flat out to win but from a pace scenerio it doesn't get any easier for jaycito. if he can't win this race, he has no shot in the derby

cj
03-12-2011, 01:45 PM
All 5 dirt races yesterday were won from the rear of the pack. Probably worth seeing if that changes in the first few today.

pktruckdriver
03-12-2011, 02:06 PM
All great info and nice pace scenario's, but 1 main thing missing in equation is Money Earnings, as getting in the Ky Derby requires earnings, normally of about 250k or so, and in here a few are well qualified already and a few needing a win or 2 to get there.

So for me I will look at those needing some earnings to do well here, and if an upset is coming , it would be from those few horses, like PP and AP need some help ,Jakesam too, and a horse I like Runflatout, if he is to be a Derby horse he needs to win, yet this time of year anything can happen.

Just my thoughts, to me this race has great potential for someone to step up big time today, even if it is the Favorite, but it also should eliminate quite a few horses too..

Patrick

Chris G
03-12-2011, 07:38 PM
I would classify Premier Pegasus's San Vicente race as an effective race on dirt. Albeit at 7f and not 2 turns but he won't have to deal with those fractions here. He also had a pretty good work on 3/5--57 and 3 handily on the SA surface. Don't know who I am going with yet. Good luck with AP.

Nice job; lesson learned.
:ThmbUp:

joanied
03-12-2011, 08:44 PM
Congrats :ThmbUp: to anyone that had Premier Pegasus... Jaycito (I know toussaud won't agree) did well to catch the place...I couldn't beleive the fractions, even for Santa Anita...talk about cookin' the track:eek: ...I also couldn't beleive how far back Jaycito was (makes me wonder if Martin wasn't anticipating the turn:) )..I thought he did well to make up so much ground, but hellsbells, those other horses were draggin' their ass home...so much for most of them and the Kentucky Derby, IMO. Bench Points ran well, but sure ran out of gas like the rest of them...the pace will be pretty much the same on Derby day...me thinks Uncle Mo may cry uncle come Derby Day. Still think had Jaycito been sent a bit down the backstretch he might have gotten closer to the winner, but there is no way to deny PP was absolutley awesome today...
the freaky thing is that the last horse to win the Derby after taking the San Felipe was his sire...an omen??

Cardus
03-13-2011, 09:52 PM
According to DRF that dam, Mo Chuisle, was unraced and Bench Points is her first foal...how do you remember her?

I thought that she was Mo Cuishle.

PhantomOnTour
03-13-2011, 10:58 PM
I thought that she was Mo Cuishle.
I can't pronounce either one.

Cardus
03-14-2011, 01:59 PM
I can't pronounce either one.

This one won the Monmouth Oaks for Pletcher. And I believe it is pronounced "KWEY-shluh."

Tom
03-17-2011, 01:14 PM
Looking at the charts for this one, Comma to the Top is the only one who was in the front half of the field at every call. Second race off the layoff, bid inot a fast pace, hung......first on dirt..... His next race will be interesting.