PDA

View Full Version : Belmont Saturday 10-18

SAL
10-18-2003, 11:57 AM
My picks for Saturday at Belmont:

R1 - #5 Cat’s Roar-Trainer does well with the sprint/route move, and gets 2nd try on lasix.

R2 - #12 Charm Appeal- Battled on the pace with the winner last time, and ran well considering. Trainer finally pushed a winner across at this meet. Doesn’t have a lot of pace to contend with here, I’m expecting better.

R3 - #5 Fierce Storm-He’s had some trouble in all his starts. Added distance should help, may go to the lead here.

R4 – Passing here. Favorite looks tough.

R5 - #1a Salty Character-Trainer does so-so with a few key stats, but he gets lasix today
and I liked the way he won his initial start. I like his entrymate some too.

R6 - #7 Grab Bag-I think she’ll rebound here after her winning streak was snapped last time out.

R7 - #1 Dynamic Lisa-Didn’t do so well in open graded stakes company, now she drops back into the statebred ranks where she last won easily.

R8 - #6 No Parole-I have some issues with the ML fav, so this one is looking mighty good to me. He did well to close ground in a race where they were moving well late. Bullet work in the meantime means all out go today.

R9 - #2 Irish Colonial- Can’t see anyone pushing him on the front end, so he’s the pick.

R10 - #1 Private Emblem – Ran against some hard knocking runners at LS before going back on the sod. A proven graded stakes winner on the dirt, I think the distance of this race is to his advantage. Also gets Bailey. 6/1 would be a gift.