03-09-2011, 12:30 PM
That is impressive.

bigmack
03-09-2011, 05:10 PM
That is impressive.
What browser do you use?

cj
03-09-2011, 06:14 PM
I have most of them since I design web sites, but for the most part I stick with Firefox. If Google ever catches up with extensions I would switch my primary. I really on DownThemAll a lot, and a few others are useful as well.

bigmack
03-09-2011, 11:45 PM
I have most of them since I design web sites
You don't design websites, do you?

The Google Art Project is one cool dealio. Like "street view" they have taken high res tours of hundreds of top museums around the world.
I was planning a trip to St. Petersburg to tour the museums. So much for that.
http://www.googleartproject.com/

cj
03-10-2011, 07:33 PM
You don't design websites, do you?

The Google Art Project is one cool dealio. Like "street view" they have taken high res tours of hundreds of top museums around the world.
I was planning a trip to St. Petersburg to tour the museums. So much for that.
http://www.googleartproject.com/

I thought I said I did.

I've been to St. Petersburg, the Hermitage. It was great. It isn't the same on a computer.

PaceAdvantage
03-10-2011, 07:35 PM
I already have Chrome, went to the page that bigmack linked to in the OP, but really didn't see anything except a link to D/L Chrome. What am I missing that impressed CJ enough to comment? :lol:

bigmack
03-10-2011, 08:08 PM
I thought I said I did.

I've been to St. Petersburg, the Hermitage. It was great. It isn't the same on a computer.
Come on, you're puttin' me on about the web site design.

So anywho, I was just pimpin' about a virtual tour holding water to a live tour. I have every intention of flopping over to St. Petersburg.

Museum story #42: Roll to "The Getty" in LA. Deal is, it's free if they have available parking. We get there, they're full. Gate chick says unless you have a certain pass they're full. I dig in the console of the vehicle & find a generic piece of paper and hand it to her, hoping it'll pass the test. She takes it over to the main gate for edification, comes back laughing and says, "Go on through."

Turns out it was 30% off a quart of ice cream @ 31 Flavors. She got such a kick out of it, the green light was offered. :jump:

Yo, PA. Checka your Chrome. 10 just came out of beta and I believe it wasn't an automatic upiedate.

PaceAdvantage
03-10-2011, 09:18 PM
Come on, you're puttin' me on about the web site design.If I didn't know any better, I'd think you're seriously busting his balls...why I don't know...

Yo, PA. Checka your Chrome. 10 just came out of beta and I believe it wasn't an automatic upiedate.It indeed was an automatic upgrade...I'm now running 10.0.648.127 and didn't have to do a thing...

I can't say I notice a difference from 9...am I supposed to?

chickenhead
03-10-2011, 09:35 PM
my chrome goes to 11, yo. They hardly ever break anything, being on dev channel is just like living in the future (about 12 weeks ahead of stable).

http://www.google.com/chrome/eula.html?extra=devchannel

bigmack
03-10-2011, 09:51 PM
Truth be told, I started this thread with news that Google offers landlines for $5/mo. After I posted it I noticed it wasn't an actual Google product but tethered to GVoice. Being you can't delete a thread ( :rolleyes: ) I scrambled and threw in the Chrome release. It boasts a 66% increase in Java speed and it's noticed around these parts. Your speed might vary.

My feeble attempt to climb inside the head of cj in hopes of psyching him out should we ever do battle in ping pong/tennis/golf is officially squished. I dint know and pacefigures ain't exactly a model of artistic design. Live & learn.

Yo, Chicky. What's the skinny with that Google laptop. A doorstop by this time?

cj
03-10-2011, 09:52 PM
If I didn't know any better, I'd think you're seriously busting his balls...why I don't know...

It indeed was an automatic upgrade...I'm now running 10.0.648.127 and didn't have to do a thing...

I can't say I notice a difference from 9...am I supposed to?

Mine upgraded automatically too. It is much faster for me than 9.

I don't mind if he is busting my balls. I help a few people out with simplistic web sites, but it doesn't mean I couldn't do a fancy one if I wanted to do so. I keep mine simple too. I like fast and efficient.

PaceAdvantage
03-10-2011, 09:55 PM
Being you can't delete a thread ( :rolleyes: )Are you sure about that? If you create a thread and then try and delete the original POST in that thread, it will delete the entire thread...that doesn't work for you?

chickenhead
03-10-2011, 10:01 PM
Yo, Chicky. What's the skinny with that Google laptop. A doorstop by this time?

using it right now, actually.

It was bad enough when I first got it that I just reported a bunch of bugs and then put it away for about a month, their support for my type of wifi was just too crappy to use it much at that point. Picked it up again, it had updated and was much improved. They just released a whole slew of upgrades again last week that improved things further. Quite a ways yet to go mainly around using the GPU and with improving Flash, but its too the point that its a nice little couch surfing machine for the most part.

bigmack
03-10-2011, 10:02 PM
Are you sure about that? If you create a thread and then try and delete the original POST in that thread, it will delete the entire thread...that doesn't work for you?
Negative, Good Buddy.

Gave ya a thread to kibosh though.

PaceAdvantage
03-10-2011, 10:08 PM
Negative, Good Buddy.

Gave ya a thread to kibosh though.I have a present for you...you can now delete your own thread...

bigmack
03-10-2011, 10:33 PM
I have a present for you...you can now delete your own thread...
Much obliged, Miguel. :ThmbUp:

Chick - With the diminishing price of laps, where is a spot in the marketplace for said G lap?

chickenhead
03-10-2011, 10:48 PM
realistically...while I like it, I'm not sure there will be much of a market for it.

cj
03-10-2011, 10:55 PM
My feeble attempt to climb inside the head of cj in hopes of psyching him out should we ever do battle in ping pong/tennis/golf is officially squished. I dint know and pacefigures ain't exactly a model of artistic design. Live & learn.

All good, I was laughing. I'll beat you in golf and tennis!

I can't believe in the Handicapping Info You Can't Get thread I threw in a jab at Pell Mell and nobody commented. No fun here any longer.

bigmack
03-10-2011, 11:06 PM
All good, I was laughing. I'll beat you in golf and tennis!

I can't believe in the Handicapping Info You Can't Get thread I threw in a jab at Pell Mell and nobody commented. No fun here any longer.
Golf depends on the course and tennis you stand little in the way of chance.

You are nothing, if not campy.
Obviously, I will blow your doors off. :D
Face it. This joint has a handful of hep cats. You, PA & Chick are 3.

chickenhead
03-10-2011, 11:14 PM
I heard a rumor CJ took down (or at least gave a run for his money) Lawrence Moten one time in a game of one on one. Different game, but still.

If Moten couldn't get inside CJs head with his silky smoove layups and knee high socks...I give Mack little chance. Lawrence Moten was a goddamn warrior poet on the fast break, or from 15 -- for the 'Cuse.

cj
03-10-2011, 11:22 PM
I heard a rumor CJ took down (or at least gave a run for his money) Lawrence Moten one time in a game of one on one. Different game, but still.

If Moten couldn't get inside CJs head with his silky smoove layups and knee high socks...I give Mack little chance. Lawrence Moten was a goddamn warrior poet on the fast break, or from 15 -- for the 'Cuse.

Hmmm...I have played against him, just trying to figure out how the hell you know that!

chickenhead
03-10-2011, 11:32 PM
The chicken *knows* things, man :lol:

You told me, I don't remember when or what the hell the context was. I remember it well only because I've always been a 'cuse fan, and Moten was so silky smooth.

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/4631/downloadgroup8102id3890.jpg (http://img23.imageshack.us/i/downloadgroup8102id3890.jpg/)

bigmack
03-10-2011, 11:36 PM
I heard a rumor CJ took down (or at least gave a run for his money) Lawrence Moten one time in a game of one on one.
Good Gawd! Are there no limits to his prowess?

cj
03-10-2011, 11:53 PM
Good Gawd! Are there no limits to his prowess?

I certainly did not take him down in any way.

chickenhead
03-11-2011, 12:03 AM

now bigmack *is* in your head, thanks to me and Moten. :lol:

bigmack
03-11-2011, 12:09 AM
We're on the same wave. I trust Chick 'dint' (dating Swedish women, they oftentimes struggle with contractions, & I love that about them) mean to imply you "took him down."

A 'brush' with those exceptional is enough.

I tell people I won several points from Wayne Ferreira on grass. Truth is, I took a couple of cheap points at net. Barely saw a serve, the speed was exponentially, vrrooom.

cj
03-11-2011, 12:11 AM
We're on the same wave. I trust Chick 'dint' (dating Swedish women, they oftentimes struggle with contractions, & I love that about them) mean to imply you "took him down."

A 'brush' with those exceptional is enough.

I tell people I won several points from Wayne Ferreira on grass. Truth is, I took a couple of cheap points at net. Barely saw a serve, the speed was exponentially, vrrooom.

I hit balls with Patrick McEnroe one time. I had no idea that was how tennis balls could be hit.

bigmack
03-11-2011, 12:21 AM
I hit balls with Patrick McEnroe one time. I had no idea that was how tennis balls could be hit.
First, I'd like to express how fond I am of Patrick. In the shadow of his irksome brother, he offers a nice vantage of the game.

Secondly, I withdraw my manifesto of romping you in tennis, given light of this development. :blush:

chickenhead
03-11-2011, 12:51 AM
oh alright, I don't remember what you said CJ about playing Moten, you probably said you got dunked on. I don't get many opportunities to bring up the silky smooth stylings of one Lawrence Moten. When I see an in, I take it.

Loved that guy.

PaceAdvantage
03-12-2011, 11:35 PM
I actually take back my earlier post...Chrome 10 IS noticeably faster...

bigmack
03-13-2011, 08:42 PM
GoPro HD cams are the bee's knees.

yo3M6EB8kmk

rUzNq3srJYE

While not Google related I had to fit in a new sponsor.

They're not pajamas & they're not jeans.

They're Pajama Jeans.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/pjs.png