PDA

View Full Version : Why is there never any Harness objections?

Zippy Chippy
03-08-2011, 08:23 PM
When i was lucky enough to sit in the booth w/ Sam McKee i had a list of questions to ask him. One of them was "Do the stewards call you on the phone to tell you if there is an objection so you can announce it?" and to my surprise he said he's only seen 1 or 2 objections in his life. Most of the drivers are friendly and don't do that. Thought it was odd. So why aren't there more?

Also here is the vid for those who dind't see it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20RDx_-dEGw

botster
03-08-2011, 10:52 PM
When i was lucky enough to sit in the booth w/ Sam McKee i had a list of questions to ask him. One of them was "Do the stewards call you on the phone to tell you if there is an objection so you can announce it?" and to my surprise he said he's only seen 1 or 2 objections in his life. Most of the drivers are friendly and don't do that. Thought it was odd. So why aren't there more?

Also here is the vid for those who dind't see it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20RDx_-dEGw

He gave the right answer...The "buddy system" is exactly why they do not claim against each other.Only the guys out of the click, claim, and are claimed against in this game.Stakes races of course are a different story for obvious reasons.

Good video by the way.I had never seen it before.

highrider
03-09-2011, 12:50 AM
He gave the right answer...The "buddy system" is exactly why they do not claim against each other.Only the guys out of the click, claim, and are claimed against in this game.Stakes races of course are a different story for obvious reasons.

Good video by the way.I had never seen it before.
I remember Sam as a greenhorn announcing at bush league Raceway park in Toledo, Ohio. At the time he was searching for his own style and was hard to
listen too. Thank Goodness time took care of that.
I really like him know compared to other announcers. To bad I don't play the bikes much anymore. I do catch him and Roger at the Jug most years.