PDA

View Full Version : O'Keefe stings NPR

ArlJim78
03-08-2011, 10:19 AM
one day after the NPR CEO claimed that they had no particualr bias, James O'keefe releases another of his infamous sting videos where senior members of NPR slam the tea party and republicans, calling them uneducated, racist and they say this to prospective donors who claim to represent the Muslim Brotherhood and support Hamas and hezbollah.
Its chalk full of liberal talking points. time to drop the charade and kill the federal funding. the guy on this tape says they would be better off without federal funding anyway. lets make it a reality.

link (http://gatewaypundit.rightnetwork.com/2011/03/62542/)
xd9OYJMX9t4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xd9OYJMX9t4&feature=player_embedded

mostpost
03-08-2011, 05:08 PM
one day after the NPR CEO claimed that they had no particualr bias, James O'keefe releases another of his infamous sting videos where senior members of NPR slam the tea party and republicans, calling them uneducated, racist and they say this to prospective donors who claim to represent the Muslim Brotherhood and support Hamas and hezbollah.
Its chalk full of liberal talking points. time to drop the charade and kill the federal funding. the guy on this tape says they would be better off without federal funding anyway. lets make it a reality.

link (http://gatewaypundit.rightnetwork.com/2011/03/62542/)
xd9OYJMX9t4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xd9OYJMX9t4&feature=player_embedded
I went looking for another take on this story and guess where I found it? At the NPR website, only it wasn't really another take. The facts NPR gave were essentially the same as presented here. The one thing NPR pointed out was that the Muslim group was a fraudulent group; which it was. NPR also said that it repeatedly refused the $5M donation.

As for the content, the NPR exec Ron Schiller emphasized that he was speaking for himself, not the network. The rank and file of Tea Party members may not be uneducated, but many of them are undereducated. Just listening to them talk and hearing what they believe proves this.

If a person believes that Barack Obama is not a natural born US citizen in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary, he is undereducated regardless of how many degrees he holds. If a person believes there were death panels in any version of the health care bill, he is undereducated regardless of IQ. If a person allows himself to be a pawn in the plot to turn private sector workers against public sector workers he is undereducated.

bigmack
03-08-2011, 05:23 PM
The rank and file of Tea Party members may not be uneducated, but many of them are undereducated. Just listening to them talk and hearing what they believe proves this.
Don't belittle yourself by aligning your views with such vermin.

Do you have any idea how such 'intellectual elitists' feel about mailmen from North Riverside IL?

Huge chasm between those Dems and you.

Mike at A+
03-08-2011, 05:24 PM
If a person believes that Barack Obama is not a natural born US citizen in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary, he is undereducated regardless of how many degrees he holds. If a person believes there were death panels in any version of the health care bill, he is undereducated regardless of IQ. If a person allows himself to be a pawn in the plot to turn private sector workers against public sector workers he is undereducated.
If a person believes that George Bush conspired to bring down the Twin Towers, he is undereducated. If a person believes that George Bush directed the Army Corps of Engineers to plant explosives in the New Orleans levees, he is undereducated. I'll put the IQ and education of the typical Republican or Tea Party member up against that to the typical Obama worshipper any day. I'll also say that when it comes to crime (especially violent crime), the Obama voters win hands down. Same for welfare sucking slobs. Same for racists. And same for work ethic and military service.

mostpost
03-08-2011, 05:47 PM
If a person believes that George Bush conspired to bring down the Twin Towers, he is undereducated. If a person believes that George Bush directed the Army Corps of Engineers to plant explosives in the New Orleans levees, he is undereducated. I'll put the IQ and education of the typical Republican or Tea Party member up against that to the typical Obama worshipper any day. I'll also say that when it comes to crime (especially violent crime), the Obama voters win hands down. Same for welfare sucking slobs. Same for racists. And same for work ethic and military service.
I don't believe either of those two things. I believe Bush facilitated 9/11 by not paying attention to what he should have been paying attention to. I believe the levees failed because funding was cut for necessary maintenance, which probably wouldn't have mattered in ordinary circumstances but certainly did given Hurricane Katrina.

If you think there are more Democrats on welfare than Republicans prove it with statistics. You can do the same with military service.

Your statement that Obama voters commit more violent crime is very telling, although completely wrong. Obama is black. Those who support him are black. Those who commit crimes are black. Therefore, Obama supporters commit crimes.Those are not my thoughts; they're yours.

mostpost
03-08-2011, 05:49 PM

Do you have any idea how such 'intellectual elitists' feel about mailmen from North Riverside IL?

The only vermin I worry about are people like James O'Keefe.

bigmack
03-08-2011, 05:53 PM
The only vermin I worry about are people like James O'Keefe.
I'll bet you lose a lot of sleep over people like the guy who called Gov. Walker as well, huh? :rolleyes:

Don't bother with your selective outrage. It's been played out once too often.

ArlJim78
03-08-2011, 05:53 PM
you have to laugh at liberals. they continually argue not with facts but with ad hominems. "gun toting, xenophobic, racist, racist people", and then they pat themselves on the back and claim that they're intellectuals. their arguments evaporate into thin air when scrutinized.

Mike at A+
03-08-2011, 05:54 PM
I don't believe either of those two things. I believe Bush facilitated 9/11 by not paying attention to what he should have been paying attention to. I believe the levees failed because funding was cut for necessary maintenance, which probably wouldn't have mattered in ordinary circumstances but certainly did given Hurricane Katrina.

If you think there are more Democrats on welfare than Republicans prove it with statistics. You can do the same with military service.

Your statement that Obama voters commit more violent crime is very telling, although completely wrong. Obama is black. Those who support him are black. Those who commit crimes are black. Therefore, Obama supporters commit crimes.Those are not my thoughts; they're yours.
My statements are no less valid than the ones you made, without providing proof. I've studied probability and statistics for most of my adult life and I am confident that what I said is true on all counts. And I said nothing about the race of the criminal element but since you brought it up, pay a visit to your local jail and see what the demographics look like.

boxcar
03-08-2011, 06:09 PM
My statements are no less valid than the ones you made, without providing proof. I've studied probability and statistics for most of my adult life and I am confident that what I said is true on all counts. And I said nothing about the race of the criminal element but since you brought it up, pay a visit to your local jail and see what the demographics look like.

:lol: :lol: Yeah, Mosty, take a census count for us. Make sure when you hand out those forms to those wearing jumpsuits that you include a survey about race -- just like they do on the U.S. census forms. :rolleyes:

Boxcar

mostpost
03-08-2011, 06:16 PM

Copied the following from the other thread on this subject.
Such strange bedfellows the elite/intellectuals and the workin' folk in the Dem party. As I've often said and seen first hand on many occasions, the vile disgust elite/intellectuals have for middle America is not unlike the deepest racist hatred you've ever seen.

Get a load of this nerd from NPR.

To start at the end, your characterization of the NPR exec as a nerd indicates your prejudicial attitude toward intellectuals. It is your own feelings of inadequacy that cause you to project disdain from the nerd from NPR.

I think the definition of elite is someone rare or unusual or having special talents. If this is true then one who considers himself elite would not wish that there were more people in a category. Schiller says there are not enough intellectuals in this country. I think, when he says intellectuals, he means knowledgeable, educated people. Far from saying that he is superior; he is saying that most people have the capacity to achieve more than they have.
To me Schiller's criticism is not of any individual but of a system that does not allow everyone to maximize their potential.

bigmack
03-08-2011, 06:32 PM
Dude, you are incredibly naive. I swim with cats like that. I mix with 'em all the time at social gatherings in La Jolla & Del Mar. Around the campus at UCSD & Pepperdine. In the studios of NPR and PBS.

If you think you have a more accurate take on what they feel about people like you, you're sadly mistaken. Look me up if you're ever in SD and I'll take you to a few outings. We'll see how you feel afterwards.

mostpost
03-08-2011, 06:32 PM
I'll bet you lose a lot of sleep over people like the guy who called Gov. Walker as well, huh? :rolleyes:

There are similarities between Ian Murphy's call to Walker and the work of James O'Keefe. Both claimed to be someone they weren't.

There are great differences too. We heard the entire tape of the conversation between Faux Koch and Walker. There was no editing. Walker said what he said and admitted to saying it.

In the case of James O'Keefe it has been clearly determined that the tapes released to the public were heavily edited. In one case the Acorn worker called the police immediately after O'Keefe and accomplice left the office.

Murphy violated no laws as both New York and Wisconsin are states where a call may be taped with the permission of only one of the participants. O'Keefe and friends were arrested for entering Sen. Landriu's offices under fraudulent circumstances. There may have been other charges. I don't recall. I also don't know what, if anything has transpired in that case.

bigmack
03-08-2011, 06:34 PM
There are similarities between Ian Murphy's call to Walker and the work of James O'Keefe. Both claimed to be someone they weren't.

Oh just stop with your jaded splitting of hairs. It's silly.

mostpost
03-08-2011, 06:38 PM

If you visited your local jail around the turn of the century (the 19th/20th turn)
you would have probably found many of the inhabitants were Irish. At various times they were mostly German or Italian. Were any of these groups inherently evil? Of course not. But all of them were, at the time, at the bottom of the socio-economic ladder.

bigmack
03-08-2011, 06:54 PM
To start at the end, your characterization of the NPR exec as a nerd indicates your prejudicial attitude toward intellectuals. It is your own feelings of inadequacy that cause you to project disdain from the nerd from NPR.
:lol: My 'characterization' of him being a nerd was based on seeing him on video. My 'prejudicial attitude' :faint: is knowing a nerd when I see one.

He sure doesn't eat like an intellectual. Looks more like a dumb middle American the way he spears his food with a fork.

boxcar
03-08-2011, 07:07 PM
I went looking for another take on this story and guess where I found it? At the NPR website, only it wasn't really another take. The facts NPR gave were essentially the same as presented here. The one thing NPR pointed out was that the Muslim group was a fraudulent group; which it was. NPR also said that it repeatedly refused the $5M donation.

Wow. Really? And was that discovery by NPR about the Muslim group's identity and the refusal of their offer before or after they viewed the expose?

Boxcar

Pell Mell
03-08-2011, 07:15 PM
If you visited your local jail around the turn of the century (the 19th/20th turn)
you would have probably found many of the inhabitants were Irish. At various times they were mostly German or Italian. Were any of these groups inherently evil? Of course not. But all of them were, at the time, at the bottom of the socio-economic ladder.

There's one thing I wonder about concerning you Mostie, and that is; do you have any friends in this world?

From your postings one can only deduce that you are an insufferable, know it all, been there done that, contentious and boring person who feels he must be right no matter what it takes.

You would make one helluva secretary of state. :lol:

ArlJim78
03-08-2011, 07:24 PM

they've said a bit more than that, they said that they were "appalled" by Schillers comments and;

"The comments contained in the video released today are contrary to everything we stand for, and we completely disavow the views expressed," NPR spokeswoman Dana Davis Rehm said in a statement.

so while NPR is busy distancing themselves from these remarks, you're on here with your typical kneejerk defense, supporting and defending the guy.

so who is really out of touch on this?

Mike at A+
03-08-2011, 08:00 PM
OK we're now in the 21st. century and when you go visit your local jail, ask the inmates if they prefer McCain over Obama. Or Bush over Obama. Or ANYONE over Obama. Then ask them who their relatives supported. I think you'll find that Dems have the lowlife vote locked up. After you conduct that experiment, take a poll of military families and see who they support. Then go to a Tea Party rally and see how clean they leave the grounds after they're done with the rally. But you'll probably pay more attention to the lack of "Obama supporters".

ElKabong
03-08-2011, 10:57 PM
NPR has embarrased themselves again. They just can keep their cards straight.

Juan Williams should sue NPR and the morons that have slandered him.

highnote
03-08-2011, 11:16 PM

I can't speak for others, but I don't think these video and telephone pranks and ambushes are constructive.

I didn't like it when Michael Moore ambushed Charleton Heston. I like Michael Moore, in general, but not that stunt, in particular.

Tom
03-08-2011, 11:21 PM
Originally Posted by mostpost
The rank and file of Tea Party members may not be uneducated, but many of them are undereducated. Just listening to them talk and hearing what they believe proves this.

YOU?
Of all people say this?????
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

mostpost
03-08-2011, 11:23 PM
There's one thing I wonder about concerning you Mostie, and that is; do you have any friends in this world?

From your postings one can only deduce that you are an insufferable, know it all, been there done that, contentious and boring person who feels he must be right no matter what it takes.

You would make one helluva secretary of state. :lol:
Wonder all you want. I'm sure you assume that because I was a government worker and union member I never did a lick of work in my life. You would be wrong about that too.

If I post something, I do feel I am right. Why would I post something that I think is wrong? And I have facts to back up my opinions. But, I do not think I am infallible. Problem is you guys have no game. :lol: :lol:

mostpost
03-08-2011, 11:28 PM
they've said a bit more than that, they said that they were "appalled" by Schillers comments and;

so while NPR is busy distancing themselves from these remarks, you're on here with your typical kneejerk defense, supporting and defending the guy.

so who is really out of touch on this?

The whole point of the exercise was that it supposedly proved that NPR was biased. Assuming that Schiller's comments were interpreted in the worst possible way, that proves nothing about how NPR handles stories. The very fact that NPR gave the story prominent coverage on the front page of their website tells me that they are not biased. Or perhaps I should say that if they are biased, that bias is not reflected in their reporting. Perhaps you can point me to specific stories where they have exhibited bias.

boxcar
03-08-2011, 11:40 PM
The whole point of the exercise was that it supposedly proved that NPR was biased. Assuming that Schiller's comments were interpreted in the worst possible way, that proves nothing about how NPR handles stories. The very fact that NPR gave the story prominent coverage on the front page of their website tells me that they are not biased. Or perhaps I should say that if they are biased, that bias is not reflected in their reporting. Perhaps you can point me to specific stories where they have exhibited bias.

Shirley U. Jest!? Not biased? Are you suggesting that NPR is politically neutral? Who else or what other news media do you consider to be neutral?

I cannot believe how utterly naive you are! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Anyone with a half a brain recognizes NPR's strong slant to the Left.

And the fact that that NPR defended itself in a big way does not prove they're unbiased! Criminals can lavish big, expensive, elaborate defenses, too; but that doesn't mean they're not guilty. NPR is simply thinking about its pocket book. They cannot afford to simply gloss over this sting operation. They truly were caught with their panties down, and now they must work very hard to restore the facade of "fair and balanced". :rolleyes:

Boxcar

mostpost
03-09-2011, 12:01 AM
Shirley U. Jest!? Not biased? Are you suggesting that NPR is politically neutral? Who else or what other news media do you consider to be neutral?

I cannot believe how utterly naive you are! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Anyone with a half a brain recognizes NPR's strong slant to the Left.

And the fact that that NPR defended itself in a big way does not prove they're unbiased! Criminals can lavish big, expensive, elaborate defenses, too; but that doesn't mean they're not guilty. NPR is simply thinking about its pocket book. They cannot afford to simply gloss over this sting operation. They truly were caught with their panties down, and now they must work very hard to restore the facade of "fair and balanced". :rolleyes:

Boxcar
I can see why you would think this way. In your mind a liberal bias consists of any effort to present any point of view that does not exactly match yours. I have read several stories currently on NPR's website. All of them present the facts and opinions from all sides. But, of course, you don't think those are the facts because they don't fit your world view. Again I invite you or anyone to find specific stories where NPR has published falsehoods in service of their "Liberal agenda." I can find many instances where Fox has done so, and Limbaugh does nothing but.

NJ Stinks
03-09-2011, 12:10 AM

Count on it. Not only is Mostpost fast becoming one of my best friends, he's also becoming my hero. :cool:

Hell, it looks to me like he beating you guys here with one hand tied behind his back while watching Dave Letterman! :lol:

Sooner or later I'll be back in the fray but from what I can see lately, there's no rush. Mostpost doesn't even look tired. ;) :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

bigmack
03-09-2011, 12:12 AM
I have read several stories currently on NPR's website. All of them present the facts and opinions from all sides. But, of course, you don't think those are the facts because they don't fit your world view. Again I invite you or anyone to find specific stories where NPR has published falsehoods in service of their "Liberal agenda." I can find many instances where Fox has done so, and Limbaugh does nothing but.
Let me get this straight. Because you've read the current stories on NPR's site and see no bias, there is no bias? :lol: How is it anyone with a pulse knows they lean left and you're in the dark.

I know you can find falsehoods with Fox reporting. Could you find any with MSNBC, ABC, CBS... or are your blinders firmly in place?

johnhannibalsmith
03-09-2011, 12:16 AM
... Again I invite you or anyone to find specific stories where NPR has published falsehoods in service of their "Liberal agenda."...

This may be a matter of semantics from your perspective, but it is quite possible to promote an agenda of any sort without publishing falsehoods.

Your premise that false facts exclusively denote bias may be part of the conversation gap we have here.

johnhannibalsmith
03-09-2011, 12:18 AM
...Sooner or later I'll be back in the fray but from what I can see lately, there's no rush...

If he thanks you for the kindness in your post, I bet he secretly means this part of it there fourth-stringer.

:cool:

mostpost
03-09-2011, 12:21 AM
Count on it. Not only is Mostpost fast becoming one of my best friends, he's also becoming my hero. :cool:

Hell, it looks to me like he beating you guys here with one hand tied behind his back while watching Dave Letterman! :lol:

Sooner or later I'll be back in the fray but from what I can see lately, there's no rush. Mostpost doesn't even look tired. ;) :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:
Your opinion is very kind but untrue. I'm watching Leno.

johnhannibalsmith
03-09-2011, 12:24 AM
Your opinion is very kind but untrue. I'm watching Leno.

Did I nail it or what?

:lol:

mostpost
03-09-2011, 12:40 AM
This may be a matter of semantics from your perspective, but it is quite possible to promote an agenda of any sort without publishing falsehoods.

Your premise that false facts exclusively denote bias may be part of the conversation gap we have here.
From dictionary.reference .com
Bias: a particular tendency or inclination, especially one that prevents unprejudiced consideration of a question; prejudice

What NPR is all about is providing unprejudiced consideration of a question.
Commentators on NPR may hold a liberal view, but NPR does not slant the facts to prove that view. In every instance which I am aware of, NPR presents all sides of an issue.

I don't think I said that, but if you think I did i will tell you that was not my premise. I'll use an analogy since I know how much Boxcar loves my analogies.
Michael Jordan was the greatest player in NBA history. As proof I point to his 32 point per game average and his six championships. These are factual proofs, but I am biased. I am a Chicagoan and a Bulls fan. If I say Kobe Bryant never won a championship and averages three points a game, you could rightly accuse me of using my bias improperly. But if I present Kobe's history accurately and still contend that Jordan was the greatest, you have no right to say I am biased.

mostpost
03-09-2011, 12:43 AM
If he thanks you for the kindness in your post, I bet he secretly means this part of it there fourth-stringer.

I'm not sure what this means.
Did I nail it or what?
And I'm really not sure.....actually I have no clue....what that means.

mostpost
03-09-2011, 12:47 AM

NJ Stinks is not a fourth stringer. He is a valued starter who is taking some time on the bench because we are, after all, The Harlem Globetrotters playing against the Washington Generals. Your ball Red Klotz.

bigmack
03-09-2011, 12:50 AM
you have no right to say I am biased.
http://www.staywise.co.uk/angling/bait/worm_hook_variation_1.png

Is MSNBC biased?

johnhannibalsmith
03-09-2011, 12:58 AM
Okay, top down... take a deep breath with me here... :D

Reply #1

I posted the "semantics" comment as a disclaimer for you to use to your benefit. You posted the following:

"... Again I invite you or anyone to find specific stories where NPR has published falsehoods in service of their "Liberal agenda." I can find many instances where Fox has done so, and Limbaugh does nothing but."

My contention was obvious because you alluded to agreeing with my contention at the mid-post point to some degree. You don't need to find lies or falsehoods to uncover a bias. We all see different truths in the same realities that we all share. Bias is often the presentation factor, not the accuracy factor. But you agree, I believe.

Post 2 and 3:

HOW CAN YOU NOT GET IT???????? BIAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:kiss:

mostpost
03-09-2011, 01:08 AM
Okay, top down... take a deep breath with me here... :D

Reply #1

I posted the "semantics" comment as a disclaimer for you to use to your benefit. You posted the following:

"... Again I invite you or anyone to find specific stories where NPR has published falsehoods in service of their "Liberal agenda." I can find many instances where Fox has done so, and Limbaugh does nothing but."

My contention was obvious because you alluded to agreeing with my contention at the mid-post point to some degree. You don't need to find lies or falsehoods to uncover a bias. We all see different truths in the same realities that we all share. Bias is often the presentation factor, not the accuracy factor. But you agree, I believe.

Post 2 and 3:

HOW CAN YOU NOT GET IT???????? BIAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:kiss:
We're talking past each other here. I'm going to sleep on this. We may agree more than we think.

JustRalph
03-09-2011, 01:16 AM
http://alancook.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/cliff-claven.jpg

johnhannibalsmith
03-09-2011, 01:23 AM
I didn't want you dwelling on the little stuff, so I found this on MapQuest, an unbiased, factual source:

If he thanks you for the kindness in your post...

...Your opinion is very kind...

Did I nail it or what?

I'm not sure what this means. ... And I'm really not sure.....actually I have no clue....what that means.

Now, please tell me I'm not that confusing. :lol:

Tom
03-09-2011, 10:38 AM
President of NPR now out of a job. Good.

Obviously, we need to stop 100%of the finding for crap like this.
If NPR material is so good, let them sell it in the marketplace, or go broke and go away. Nothing at NPR is important.

ArlJim78
03-09-2011, 11:14 AM
wow! this O'Keefe kid gets results on a shoestring budget he exposed the elitism and arrogance of NPR. and now the president has been forced out?:lol:

they bring themselves down with their own words, just like acorn. this lady had to be bringing down big bucks. they force out Juan Williams for having an opinion, but behind the curtain they are rabid partisans with zero objectivity. good riddance.

dartman51
03-09-2011, 11:24 AM

As for the content, the NPR exec Ron Schiller emphasized that he was speaking for himself, not the network. The rank and file of Tea Party members may not be uneducated, but many of them are undereducated. Just listening to them talk and hearing what they believe proves this.

I'll add another: If anyone continually defends, and makes excuses for the shady stuff that the left does, regardless of the evidence and without fail, promotes the left's talking points, is SADLY UNEDUCATED.

boxcar
03-09-2011, 12:09 PM
I can see why you would think this way. In your mind a liberal bias consists of any effort to present any point of view that does not exactly match yours.

Mosty, my questions to you have NOTHING to do with what I believe. The irrefutable fact is that unless NPR's reporters or commentators are robots (literally!!!), then they have a worldview, i.e. a bias about politics, religion, social issues, etc.. No one's mind operates inside a vacuum, including FNC's. FNC, too, has a bias. The fact that liberals love NPR is that you won't find very many of the demonizing that station as they do with FNC, with Rush, with Beck, etc. The reason for this is that NPR slants strongly to the left, so leftists love NPR because Lefties get to hear their own convoluted lies regurgitated ad nauseum.

Heck...Mosty, NPR even has a strong bias with respect to culture or more specifically music! Does NPR play Rock, Blues, Rap, Pop, etc.? Does not NPR strongly favor classical music? Therefore, does not NPR have a strong bias toward classical music?

I have read several stories currently on NPR's website. All of them present the facts and opinions from all sides. But, of course, you don't think those are the facts because they don't fit your world view.

This is a stupid argument. You think NPR is "fair and balanced" and "neutral" because you can't bring yourself to accuse them of being biased. You like to think of them as being fair and balanced because that reflects on you. You can get to pat yourself on the back for being just as fair and balanced. :rolleyes:

Now, why do I listen to conservative talk shows? Do I listen to those shows first and foremost because I think they're "fair and balanced". No! I'll say it again: NO! I listen because over time I have come to learn that for the most part they speak the truth -- even though that truth is spoken by a conservative. And if they're being truthful, for the most part, then...and only then can it be said that they're fair and balanced.

I also listen to conservative talk show because they give affirmation to what I believe. I have no interest in listening to liberal drivel because it grates against everything I believe. And the reason it grates is because there's so little truth in what they say.

During Jesus' 3-1/2 year ministry, do you think he wasn't biased!? Do you really believe for a moment that he wasn't very opinionated and have a very strong slant on his views about his Father, and his views on what human relationships should between us and his Father, and between each other, etc.? I would submit to you that no one ever walked this earth who had a stronger bias than Jesus Christ when it came to spiritual and moral matters.
Why do you think all the liars and hypocrites hated him? :bang: :bang: And yet, they swore HE WAS THE LIAR, NOT THEM! :bang: :bang: (In fact, he was even accused of being insane once!) Jesus' bias' ran 180 degrees contrary to theirs! This is why he was so hated.

It's the height of naivete to believe that any rational, intelligent human being walks around in "neutral" in terms of worldviews. Everyone views the world through their own particular prism and that prism will color what they think, talk and write about. And at the end of the day, the other thing that truly gives value to what what people think, write and talk about is whether or not it is truthful.

Boxcar

boxcar
03-09-2011, 12:11 PM
President of NPR now out of a job. Good.

Obviously, we need to stop 100%of the finding for crap like this.
If NPR material is so good, let them sell it in the marketplace, or go broke and go away. Nothing at NPR is important.

Yupper...let them try to sell their drivel to the public and rely solely on private donations and see how far it gets them. I suspect they would go the way of Air America.

Boxcar

mostpost
03-09-2011, 02:33 PM
Yupper...let them try to sell their drivel to the public and rely solely on private donations and see how far it gets them. I suspect they would go the way of Air America.

Boxcar
NPR gets 90% of its funding from private sources. I can't see that losing 10% would cause them to go under.

Tom
03-09-2011, 02:51 PM
NPR gets 90% of its funding from private sources. I can't see that losing 10% would cause them to go under.

Good, because we can use that money for FAR more important things than NPR drivel.

btw, O'Keefe says MORE tapes are coming......let's see how scummy NPR really is.

boxcar
03-09-2011, 04:11 PM

Not according to the CEO of NPR. Google his remarks. He clearly distanced himself from the President's bold assertion that he'd like to drop federal funding.
The CEO said that the lack of federal funding would hurt them. How badly? I don't. But it's clear that he wants that money.

As I said earlier -- all this disavowing by the CEO is due to money, money, money.

Boxcar

Boxcar

boxcar
03-09-2011, 04:12 PM
Good, because we can use that money for FAR more important things than NPR drivel.

btw, O'Keefe says MORE tapes are coming......let's see how scummy NPR really is.

Oh, yeah...stay tuned for Sting Part II...maybe even a trilogy. :lol: :lol:

Boxcar

ElKabong
03-09-2011, 11:17 PM

Two NPR execs, including the President, lost their jobs today. In disgrace, I might add.

They didn't lose their jobs because they were Fair and Balanced. :lol:

Gone. Disgraced. Foreced out because of biases that stepped over the lines of professionalism, integrity and honor...They're no more.

Defend them more, Cliffy :lol:

http://minnesota.publicradio.org/collections/special/columns/news_cut/archive/2011/03/the_schiller_firing.shtml

Vivian Schiller, NPR's president (who spoke to the National Press Club a few days ago), "resigned," today according to NPR. It's clear, however, that this was closer to a firing than a happy resignation.

snip

ElKabong
03-09-2011, 11:22 PM

Ten percent would either put them under, or render them totally irrelevant. Talk to a business person (not a govt union employee) and ask what losing 10% does to a business in a competitive market.

My dad told me 90% of his profits came from the last 10% of his sales and billings (small business). Most companies have that same dilemma.

boxcar
03-09-2011, 11:52 PM
Ten percent would either put them under, or render them totally irrelevant. Talk to a business person (not a govt union employee) and ask what losing 10% does to a business in a competitive market.

My dad told me 90% of his profits came from the last 10% of his sales and billings (small business). Most companies have that same dilemma.

I would dearly love to see them cut off from state teet. I bet they wouldn't last 3 years on the air if that were to happen.

Unfortunately, I missed most of the Doc Savage tonight because I was out. I think he was going to play a montage of audio clips of various NPR "journalists" to play to the world to show everyone just how "fair and balanced" NPR is. Did anyone happen to catch the Savage Nation tonight?

Boxcar

ceejay
03-10-2011, 09:37 AM
It is actually more than 10% of their funding is "on the line." The Corp. for Public Broadcasting funding for local stations is in jeopardy as well. The local stations are mandated to utilize at least 25% of their CPB funding for "more than local" program acquisition. But, not all of this goes to NPR. There are others in the alphabet soup (PRI, BBC?). I think the potential for a "death spiral" is very real.

Tom
03-10-2011, 09:58 AM
Good. NPR is not only not needed, it is biased and not fit to exist.

ceejay
03-10-2011, 10:21 AM
it is biased and not fit to exist.
are these mutually exclusive?

What if they are able to raise sufficient private underwriting?

Tom
03-10-2011, 10:27 AM
Have at it. We allow Nazi parades, right?

melman
03-10-2011, 10:39 AM
ceejay---I bumped up at thread of US Oil drilling. I would love to get your views on this subject. Tks.

On this subject I agree if NPR or CPB gets 100% private donations fine and dandy. I do not want them to keep getting public (taxpayer) funding.

JustRalph
03-10-2011, 04:34 PM
I would dearly love to see them cut off from state teet. I bet they wouldn't last 3 years on the air if that were to happen.

Unfortunately, I missed most of the Doc Savage tonight because I was out. I think he was going to play a montage of audio clips of various NPR "journalists" to play to the world to show everyone just how "fair and balanced" NPR is. Did anyone happen to catch the Savage Nation tonight?

Boxcar

Install ITunes. You can get savage podcasts a few days after the original broadcasts. Free

JustRalph
03-10-2011, 08:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P64rmpnT32U

P64rmpnT32U

boxcar
03-10-2011, 08:56 PM
Install ITunes. You can get savage podcasts a few days after the original broadcasts. Free

Thanks for the tip, JR.

Boxcar