PDA

View Full Version : iPad Handicapping

GatetoWire
03-08-2011, 10:04 AM
I just got an iPad and was wondering what Apps are the best for doodling hand written notes on top of DRF PDF past performances.

Are there any other good iPad apps for handicapping?

JustRalph
03-08-2011, 01:11 PM
I just got an iPad and was wondering what Apps are the best for doodling hand written notes on top of DRF PDF past performances.

Are there any other good iPad apps for handicapping?

Don't miss these threads

http://paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78743

http://paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76935

GatetoWire
03-08-2011, 01:47 PM
Don't miss these threads

http://paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78743

http://paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76935

Thanks Ralph....I saw there were a few options for writing.
Appreciate your input and the links to the previous forums.

I am excited about eliminating paper from my handicapping both at home and at the track.

JustRalph
03-09-2011, 02:04 AM
I did five days in Saratoga last August without printing a thing and never even walked up to a window the whole week. Bet right from the Ipad.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/gallery/albums/2010_PaceAdvantage_Saratoga_Getaway/Track_2010_006.sized.jpg

mannyberrios
03-09-2011, 06:59 PM
Yes! And from my iPhone , I can do the same.

PaceAdvantage
03-10-2011, 03:44 AM
I used to think the same thing since I also had an iPhone prior to the iPad. The 7-inch screen makes a world of difference...for starters...

iCoder
03-19-2011, 09:23 AM
Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to chime in here to let you know about our handicapping products available for the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.

iHandicapRaces is a graphical handicapping tool priced currently at $1.99 (Triple Crown Sale normally $9.99) that uses graphing, track corrections and our specially developed pace figures that you can download for $0.99. Each downloaded data pack has every horse with data for every race for a single track. Our standard weights are included and together with the data iHandicapRaces provides a ranking of the best horses in a race. It has a good track record of having the winner in the top 3 picks. An example of that is given on our blog (http://www.infinite-monkey.com/blogs/2011/02/20/as-promised-the-pick-enhancement-proof/). It shows how you could have played winners at the 2010 Kentucky Derby and cashed tickets totaling over $19000.00. But don't take our word for it. Install our free app Horse Racing ROTD on your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch and download last years Derby data from our archives and see for yourself!

It has also produced a lot of exotic wagers without any need to handicap at all. Having said that, it was never our intention to have the software make any race picks. Our original design was to provide an app that allowed you to quickly visualize a horses past performance. Having that information you would use your own handicapping skills to make the picks and use iHandicapRaces to keep track of everything for you with it's picks organizer. We soon realized, after working with it for a while, that providing a good rank by automating our manual process of reviewing the graphs was possible. And that's why it has a ranking feature that we continue to improve. To see how this performs you can download Horse Racing ROTD for FREE to get a compete look at everything. Go over races you've bet recently by downloading our archive data and see if iHandicapRaces could give you an edge. All for about the cost of a cup of coffee while you're going over the DRF.

Horse Racing ROTD (Race of the Day) is a free app that has everything that iHandicapRaces has except you can not purchase a data pack and there is no manual entry mode. A single race each day of our choosing is provided for download to analyze with Horse Racing ROTD. You can download our archive data that is current to about Oct. 30th 2010. There are data files there for the Derby (May 1, 2010) also. So if you have an iPad, iPhone or iPod touch, don't miss out on downloading it because the featured ROTD will be a Derby prep race when available.

iHandicapPace is a full featured pace calculator for $0.99 and is the core pace calculations engine for iHandicapRaces and Horse Racing ROTD. It will allow you to calculate quarter pace, final pace and average speed. And on Derby Day, the Kentucky Derby will be ROTD.

Thanks for reading. We hope you enjoy our handicapping tools and good luck at the Derby. If you have any questions or comment PLEASE let us know.

Thanks Again,

redshift1
03-19-2011, 02:11 PM

PaceAdvantage
03-20-2011, 02:17 AM
9.7Duh...I don't know why I was thinking 7...

aaron
03-20-2011, 08:34 AM
I've used the ipad at otb's and the track and found it pretty easy to maneuver. I usually have the form,but use other data on the I pad without printing it out. On occasion, I will just use the form on the ipad and it displays fine,but I guess I'm still finding old habits hard to break, so I usually print the form.
I have also used the ipad to bet and have not had a problem.

lamboguy
03-20-2011, 09:35 AM
Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to chime in here to let you know about our handicapping products available for the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.

iHandicapRaces is a graphical handicapping tool priced currently at $1.99 (Triple Crown Sale normally $9.99) that uses graphing, track corrections and our specially developed pace figures that you can download for $0.99. Each downloaded data pack has every horse with data for every race for a single track. Our standard weights are included and together with the data iHandicapRaces provides a ranking of the best horses in a race. It has a good track record of having the winner in the top 3 picks. An example of that is given on our blog (http://www.infinite-monkey.com/blogs/2011/02/20/as-promised-the-pick-enhancement-proof/). It shows how you could have played winners at the 2010 Kentucky Derby and cashed tickets totaling over $19000.00. But don't take our word for it. Install our free app Horse Racing ROTD on your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch and download last years Derby data from our archives and see for yourself!

It has also produced a lot of exotic wagers without any need to handicap at all. Having said that, it was never our intention to have the software make any race picks. Our original design was to provide an app that allowed you to quickly visualize a horses past performance. Having that information you would use your own handicapping skills to make the picks and use iHandicapRaces to keep track of everything for you with it's picks organizer. We soon realized, after working with it for a while, that providing a good rank by automating our manual process of reviewing the graphs was possible. And that's why it has a ranking feature that we continue to improve. To see how this performs you can download Horse Racing ROTD for FREE to get a compete look at everything. Go over races you've bet recently by downloading our archive data and see if iHandicapRaces could give you an edge. All for about the cost of a cup of coffee while you're going over the DRF.

Horse Racing ROTD (Race of the Day) is a free app that has everything that iHandicapRaces has except you can not purchase a data pack and there is no manual entry mode. A single race each day of our choosing is provided for download to analyze with Horse Racing ROTD. You can download our archive data that is current to about Oct. 30th 2010. There are data files there for the Derby (May 1, 2010) also. So if you have an iPad, iPhone or iPod touch, don't miss out on downloading it because the featured ROTD will be a Derby prep race when available.

iHandicapPace is a full featured pace calculator for $0.99 and is the core pace calculations engine for iHandicapRaces and Horse Racing ROTD. It will allow you to calculate quarter pace, final pace and average speed. And on Derby Day, the Kentucky Derby will be ROTD.

Thanks for reading. We hope you enjoy our handicapping tools and good luck at the Derby. If you have any questions or comment PLEASE let us know.

Thanks Again,i was impressed by looking at your website, i wanted to order it but found no place to do so

BillW
03-20-2011, 09:38 AM
i was impressed by looking at your website, i wanted to order it but found no place to do so

Check the iPhone app Store ;)

aaron
03-20-2011, 09:52 AM
i was impressed by looking at your website, i wanted to order it but found no place to do so
I think you have to order yhru the apps on your ipad or iphone.

iCoder
03-20-2011, 09:56 AM
Hi lamboguy,

As mentioned by BillW. The software is available through the Apple App Store. It can only be downloaded and installed to an iPhone, iPod touch or iPad. If you do not have one of these rest assured we are working as fast as we can to get it onto other platforms. We have begun the Android version and in conjunction with that will will leverage the Java code to produce a web version and/or stand alone PC, Mac or Linux versions. We project the Android version to be available mid 2011 and the others to be released toward the end of the year. I know that doesn't help much for the Derby if you don't have an Apple device. Good news is they are getting more affordable.

Thanks for the interest any feedback is greatly appreciated.

lamboguy
03-20-2011, 10:27 AM
Hi lamboguy,

As mentioned by BillW. The software is available through the Apple App Store. It can only be downloaded and installed to an iPhone, iPod touch or iPad. If you do not have one of these rest assured we are working as fast as we can to get it onto other platforms. We have begun the Android version and in conjunction with that will will leverage the Java code to produce a web version and/or stand alone PC, Mac or Linux versions. We project the Android version to be available mid 2011 and the others to be released toward the end of the year. I know that doesn't help much for the Derby if you don't have an Apple device. Good news is they are getting more affordable.

Thanks for the interest any feedback is greatly appreciated.that answers it for me, i don' have an ipad, maybe its time for me to get with the program.

thanks

matthewsiv
04-14-2011, 08:07 PM
ICoder

Why no Gulfstream anymore in your service?

iCoder
04-14-2011, 09:07 PM
Hi matthewsiv,

We've had some technical difficulties that have kept us from being able to process the data. We're always doing our best to process all of the data but at times we can't get all of the data we need to process our pace figures. It looks like we'll have what we need to process the data for Saturday.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

By the way, did anyone notice that Horse Racing ROTD picked a box 5 super that paid $5,883.60 for a $2 bet. Works for me!

Good luck at the track!

iCoder
04-14-2011, 09:24 PM
Hi matthewsiv,

We've had some technical difficulties that have kept us from being able to process the data. We're always doing our best to process all of the data but at times we can't get all of the data we need to process our pace figures. It looks like we'll have what we need to process the data for Saturday.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

By the way, did anyone notice that Horse Racing ROTD picked a box 5 super that paid $5,883.60 for a $2 bet. Works for me!

Good luck at the track!

Forgot to mention the super was at Charlestown, race 5, yesterday 4/13/2011

alvarez1
08-26-2011, 01:23 PM
does anyone how i can purchase the program,the helfman formula for horse race handicapping. i have tried countless websites with no luck. i would be greatful if anyone can help me. thank you al.

bcgreg
08-27-2011, 09:00 AM
Try:

http://www.vegashorseracing.com/

Regards,
bcgreg

iCoder
08-27-2011, 07:02 PM
Just checked Saratoga for today. A lot of stakes races and Uncle Mo's return in the 11th. I wanted to offer another option for picking the horses. iHandicapRaces. It's results for the day at Saratoga are below:

Race 1 finish 9-1-1A-3 iHR 1-3-5-1A-9 box 4 trifecta paid $2302.00
Race 2 - first time starters - no data
Race 3 finish 12-6-4 iHR 12-9 11 $10.60 winner
Race 4 finish 4-8-9-3 iHR 4 7 3 6 $6.90 winner
Race 5 - too many first time starters
Race 6 finish 5 6 7 4 iHR 2 7 4 9 - miss
Race 7 finish 6 11 1 4 iHR 6 16 15 1 $6.60 winner
Race 8 finish 3 9 2 5 iHR 2 9 5 3 box 4 tri $285.00 box 4 super $1231.00
Race 9 finish 6 1 9 3 iHR 1A 9 6 1 box 3 tri $697.00 winner at the 3
Race 10 finish 3 6 2 4 iHR 6 7 2 3 box 4 tri $107.50
Race 11 finish 2 7 6 4 iHR 2 7 5 1 $13.80 winner exacta $39.40 - Uncle Mo second.
Race 12 finish 9 2 8 4 iHR 2 7 8 1 9 - miss - box 5 tri would have paid $1312.00
Race 13 finish 8 5 11 1 iHR 1 8 10 6 - winner at the 2

This is pretty typical. Usually higher winners in the top 3 (60-70%). Not always the high payouts but certainly not an isolated incident as can be found in my other posts....Like the other one in this thread.

iHandicapRaces is a tool to augment your handicapping and can give impressive results on it's own. It included a $102.50 winner in the exotics that it hit.

Try it. You'll like it. And it won't set you back more than a latte (or maybe 5 or 6 of them depending on where you get one).

Good luck at the track!

iCoder
08-27-2011, 09:58 PM
Sorry if anyone is offended by my posts. I just read a post from someone complaining of reboarding.

In my defense I have posted iHandicapRaces picks before the racecard was run. You can find them here. http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1073104#post1073104

Also impressive and typical.

We also offer a free app Horse Racing ROTD that can be used to verify any results we tout because they are all done based on default settings and the archived racecards can be downloaded for free.

I am always reluctant to post here due to the very reason that most handicappers don't trust using software. We at iHandicapOnline don't think you should bet the software straight up. Although it can be done if you qualify the racecard. We have examples for the past 2 Derby days that show that it made money even if you did bet it straight for pick 3's and 4's. Last derby nearly a grand in winnings and the year before nearly 20 grand.

Check it out here:
http://www.infinite-monkey.com/blogs/2011/05/15/ihandicapraces-rocks-the-derby-again/
and here:
http://www.infinite-monkey.com/blogs/2011/02/20/as-promised-the-pick-enhancement-proof/

These results also can be checked with Horse Racing ROTD.

We use the software to narrow our field making it quicker to process races giving us better coverage of the days racecards. And have used it betting rolling pick 3's and daily doubles using the top 3 picks per leg with great success. It can be done if the software models a good handicappers skills. Our software is consistent. Never has a long drought and gives good results with nearly every racecard. All you need is a good handicapper using it to win consistently.

So what's wrong with getting an expert opinion? One that never forgets to check something, looks at the very same things that most handicappers do and doesn't have an emotional bias. How many times have you asked a buddy what horse he likes in a race? Shouldn't you spread the word if you know it's legit?

Soon iHandicapRaces will be free to everyone on the internet. You'll just need to buy pace figures for $1 per racecard to use it. Then everyone will be able to see that it is legit and a must have tool.

No hokus pokus. No hit and miss random analysis. Just solid, predictable handicapping that works.

Thanks and Good luck at the track!

kentrg
08-29-2011, 10:29 AM
How soon will you have the android version done?

iCoder
08-29-2011, 08:28 PM
Hi kentrg,

The android version has been roughed in but still requires a significant amount of work. We'll have more time to work on it in the coming weeks. We are currently finishing and submitting (within a day or 2) our Honk Kong version "iHR Hong Kong" for Sha Tin and Happy Valley race tracks. Immediately after that we plan on continuing the Java based releases of the app. That work will directly translate to the android version. I would expect it to be late fall before the android version is ready.

Thanks for the interest.

Good luck at the track!

rrayfrmcal
08-30-2011, 01:17 AM
Hey Gate,

you might try www.posttimeih.com I use it on an Ipad and a HP Touchpad with the standard browser. With pretty good results. Not an app though.

rrayfrmcal

JustRalph
11-20-2011, 09:16 PM
I just noticed on accident, that I can now play video from the normal Twinspires site. I no longer have to get the video from the mobile site.

I guess you can now use the full size site for everything on your iPad

I might be behind the curve on this, but thought I would bring it up

ranchwest
11-22-2011, 12:27 AM
I just noticed on accident, that I can now play video from the normal Twinspires site. I no longer have to get the video from the mobile site.

I guess you can now use the full size site for everything on your iPad

I might be behind the curve on this, but thought I would bring it up

On my iPhone, I usually bring up both the mobile and the standard versions of Twinspires. Then I can just cycle among my PP's, the mobile site and the standard site.

That way, if anything goes wrong on one, I can access the other, etc.

Also, I find it easier to follow the upcoming post times on the mobile site.

SPEEDHORSE
11-24-2011, 02:49 AM
Can I install my personal daily race card, which is in Excel format to an I-Phone/SMARTPHONE using a USB (flash drive/disk) or any other method? This way I will no longer have to print my race card and can review my other race files written on the other sheets. What is the maximum number of fields in the Excel spreadsheet to make it fit on the I-phone/Smartphone screen?

Any helpful response will be highly appreciated...GOD BLESS !!!

raybo
11-24-2011, 10:53 PM
If you can run excel or some other compatible software, here is a great program, especially for AFTER handicapping!

PONYPRO

http://www.ponypro.us

Yeah, I've been waiting for someone to make a "Pad" that accepts MS software. May just have to settle on a netbook or laptop though.

Dave Schwartz
11-24-2011, 11:30 PM
Raybo,

It is way too early for me to talk about his but come the end of January I will.

We're building something.

Dave

raybo
11-24-2011, 11:36 PM
Raybo,

It is way too early for me to talk about his but come the end of January I will.

We're building something.

Dave

Anxiously awaiting this!

permenbg
11-25-2011, 10:32 PM
what browser are you useing to get twinspires (full) all i could get was the short ver.

thanks
permenbg

JustRalph
11-25-2011, 10:45 PM
what browser are you useing to get twinspires (full) all i could get was the short ver.

thanks
permenbg

safari

you might have to type it in manual. If it detects the ipad on the first log in, it will automatically take you to the mobile browser. Just type in the standard link and after you get there, save as a book mark in Safari.....works for me.

permenbg
11-26-2011, 12:07 PM
thanks for the reply

permenbg

permenbg
12-25-2011, 07:36 PM
does the track have hot spot or open wireless or do i need the high $ data plan.

thanks
bobby

raybo
12-25-2011, 07:46 PM
does the track have hot spot or open wireless or do i need the high $ data plan.

thanks
bobby

Depends on the track Bobby, some do, and some don't have WiFi.

raybo
12-25-2011, 07:57 PM
My girl friend got a Toshiba tablet with Android 3.2. I downloaded the "Pro" office app (supposedly making MS Office applications totally compatible with the OS) and tried to run AllData from an external drive. It opened ok, but I couldn't even toggle from one worksheet to another one without getting an insufficient memory message. It's a 16 GB tablet, with almost nothing on it, so I doubt it's an internal memory problem, likely it's the size of the workbook, at about 14 MB, overloading the OS. When I clicked a simple navigational macro button, nothing happened at all, so I assume it isn't compatible with VBA either.

There's a serious need for a tablet that works seamlessly with all MS Office applications. I guess Bill Gates doesn't care much or something would already exist that would run, completely, all MS Office applications.

JustRalph
12-25-2011, 08:10 PM
My girl friend got a Toshiba tablet with Android 3.2. I downloaded the "Pro" office app (supposedly making MS Office applications totally compatible with the OS) and tried to run AllData from an external drive. It opened ok, but I couldn't even toggle from one worksheet to another one without getting an insufficient memory message. It's a 16 GB tablet, with almost nothing on it, so I doubt it's an internal memory problem, likely it's the size of the workbook, at about 14 MB, overloading the OS. When I clicked a simple navigational macro button, nothing happened at all, so I assume it isn't compatible with VBA either.

There's a serious need for a tablet that works seamlessly with all MS Office applications. I guess Bill Gates doesn't care much or something would already exist that would run, completely, all MS Office applications.

wrong kind of memory. It's the ram. The Toshiba tablet they are hawking today is only 1Gig of ram. That is where you are probably getting the error message from. 1 Gig won't cut it with a workbook like that........

http://thetoshibatablet.com/

fast4522
12-25-2011, 08:55 PM
To make today's tablets useful with horse racing, the buddy system is a bridge. Crisp display output is available but program support is lacking for a while. Applications that are rich in PDF output can be sent to the table after scratches allowing the whole table to enjoy for use. Transfer by USB or hotspot works just fine. The guy with a tablet and hotspot tethering for five devices with his phone should be able to enjoy a week at Saratoga or anyplace else. Just like the Atari 800 back in the day, the wares will come.

fast4522
12-25-2011, 09:18 PM
Sending screen shots can be this easy.