PDA

View Full Version : It's Official: RA in foal and Daughter of Azeri

OntheRail
03-07-2011, 08:11 PM
Stonestreet Stables announced that 2009 Horse of the Year Rachel Alexandra is confirmed to be in foal to 2007 and 2008 Horse of the Year Curlin , with an expected foaling date is Feb. 1, 2012.

Read more: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/61768/its-official-rachel-alexandra-in-foal#ixzz1Fxuwl0TI

So the countdown starts.

Also while we on HoTY Mares.

Daughter of Azeri Captures Debut at Oaklawn
Arienza, a 3-year-old filly out of 2002 Horse of the Year Azeri, scored an impressive first win in her debut March 6 at Oaklawn Park.

The 9-10 favorite in a field of nine pressed the pace and took a narrow lead on the turn for home for jockey Michael Baze in the six-furlong event. Arienza shook free by 2 1/2 lengths mid-stretch and maintained that advantage over Alyssa's Dream all the way to the wire while under encouragement. The final time was 1:10.42

Read more: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/61763/daughter-of-azeri-captures-debut-at-oaklawn#ixzz1FxvVJ02u

She looked good in the race... will be keeping an eye of her.

I'm sure Z will be blogging about her sonogram shortly... but I'll wait to read about it on BH or DRF.

cj's dad
03-07-2011, 08:38 PM
Stonestreet Stables announced that 2009 Horse of the Year Rachel Alexandra is confirmed to be in foal to 2007 and 2008 Horse of the Year Curlin , with an expected foaling date is Feb. 1, 2012.

Read more: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/61768/its-official-rachel-alexandra-in-foal#ixzz1Fxuwl0TI

So the countdown starts.

Also while we on HoTY Mares.

Daughter of Azeri Captures Debut at Oaklawn
Arienza, a 3-year-old filly out of 2002 Horse of the Year Azeri, scored an impressive first win in her debut March 6 at Oaklawn Park.

The 9-10 favorite in a field of nine pressed the pace and took a narrow lead on the turn for home for jockey Michael Baze in the six-furlong event. Arienza shook free by 2 1/2 lengths mid-stretch and maintained that advantage over Alyssa's Dream all the way to the wire while under encouragement. The final time was 1:10.42

Read more: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/61763/daughter-of-azeri-captures-debut-at-oaklawn#ixzz1FxvVJ02u

She looked good in the race... will be keeping an eye of her.

I'm sure Z will be blogging about her sonogram shortly... but I'll wait to read about it on BH or DRF.

OMG - what is this foal going to sell for ?? 50 Million ??

andymays
03-07-2011, 08:42 PM

Who's going to put up the dough to have RA's foal and Z's foal race against one another in three or four years?

Can you imagine the uproar? :D

lamboguy
03-07-2011, 08:54 PM
Who's going to put up the dough to have RA's foal and Z's foal race against one another in three or four years?

Can you imagine the uproar? :Di hope that jess jackson lives that long to see it. whatever jess spent on horses was worth every dime to him. it must give him alot of drive to make it to see his baby race.

Cardus
03-07-2011, 08:55 PM

I'm guessing less.

Bruddah
03-07-2011, 09:59 PM
I doubt seriously if the foal will be for sale. That may change if something happens to Jess but I think he wants this one.

OntheRail
03-07-2011, 10:06 PM
I doubt seriously if the foal will be for sale. That may change if something happens to Jess but I think he wants this one.
I don't think the foal would be for sale at any price or under any circumstance.

PaceAdvantage
03-08-2011, 04:19 AM
Since my mother called me up on the phone yesterday telling me about this, I assume this must have made the mainstream news...pretty impressive when you think about it...considering both these horses have been out of the limelight for quite some time...

joanied
03-08-2011, 09:05 PM
They should be announcing Zenyatta in foal soon...they were both bred just days apart...
I'm glad Rachel settled on the first covers...JJ must be very happy and I hope the old man lives long enough to see this baby race...I hope both mares have a trouble free pregnancy and a normal birth :ThmbUp:

nijinski
03-08-2011, 09:19 PM
Since my mother called me up on the phone yesterday telling me about this, I assume this must have made the mainstream news...pretty impressive when you think about it...considering both these horses have been out of the limelight for quite some time...
It did , I was very surprised .Wasn't paying attention at first then I heard her name , I think it was ABC.
They also had Video of her and mentioned that Curlin and Rachel were both
HOY.