PDA

View Full Version : Golden Gate 3/6/11 Race 7.

BlueShoe
03-07-2011, 01:33 PM
This has to be one for the books, not because the race, for 3yo maidens, was noteworthy, but because of what happened before the race. As the 8 runner field was loading, there was a long delay, and the #2, the 3rd choice at the time, was scratched. After another long delay, the #4, second choice, was scratched. Then the #1, favorite at post time, now prohibitive odds on favorite, was scratched. The now 5 horse field was sent off, and the 3-2 winner was once 6 or 7 to one at post time before the scratches. While late scratches at the gate are common, none of us could recall ever seeing a race in which all of the first three choices were late gate scratches. Because of the wild odds gyrations, payoffs, and altered pick 3 and pick 4 tickets, lots of grumbling about this one.

Stillriledup
03-07-2011, 02:36 PM
The 2 horse screwed everyone up, he was out of his mind warming up and when he got to the gate, he freaked out and unnerved the 1 and the 4 horses.

The public was rattled and they made the wrong favorite, which means everyone who was alive in the pick 4 got stuck with some random first time starter, as opposed to a horse who ran well first time out and looked good on tape. The winner was the horse who should have been favored, i have no idea how this public let him go 2nd choice.

This was a scenario that i've never seen before, its probably never happened where the first 3 betting choices were scratched at the gate one after the other. Wild stuff.

MaTH716
03-07-2011, 03:14 PM
The 2 horse screwed everyone up, he was out of his mind warming up and when he got to the gate, he freaked out and unnerved the 1 and the 4 horses.

The public was rattled and they made the wrong favorite, which means everyone who was alive in the pick 4 got stuck with some random first time starter, as opposed to a horse who ran well first time out and looked good on tape. The winner was the horse who should have been favored, i have no idea how this public let him go 2nd choice.

This was a scenario that i've never seen before, its probably never happened where the first 3 betting choices were scratched at the gate one after the other. Wild stuff.

I guess people playing GG didn't do a good job handicaping horses who could freak out at the gate.
Sounds like some people are going to have a busy summer, after they finish with their meteroligist classes they are going to have to go right into the horse psychiatry ones. :rolleyes:

Stillriledup
03-07-2011, 03:45 PM
I guess people playing GG didn't do a good job handicaping horses who could freak out at the gate.
Sounds like some people are going to have a busy summer, after they finish with their meteroligist classes they are going to have to go right into the horse psychiatry ones. :rolleyes:

Exactly. They didnt do that good of a job. You're learning!