PDA

View Full Version : Late Odds Info

Ray2000
03-07-2011, 07:07 AM
I can see why in a recent survey conducted by HANA, 52% responded "Extremely Concerned" over Late Odds changes and 42% "Extremely Concerned" over Pari-mutuel pool integrity. This problem is exacerbated for those making wagers at an ADW who get their pool totals on a further delay compared to the on-track bettors.

Last night I watched as 3 different ADWs had different Win Pool amounts and totals ,(Dover R 14) after 1 min into the race as seen in video signal (which may itself have a 30 sec delay)

Day at the Track had the best info
TwinSpires never showed the last flip
IbetHarness had the right amounts but wrong total

Something has to be done.

Related article at Harnesslink about past posting.

http://www.harnesslink.com/www/Article.cgi?ID=87681

lamboguy
03-07-2011, 07:38 AM
after the bell betting cost bettors more money than takeout. i used to bet the brake at NYRA tracks 20 years ago. i happen to know about the after the bell effect. as bad as it was 20 years ago, i think its worse today. i have no proof but blind pools are getting hit everywhere by whoever can get into the system without getting caught. superfecta's and trifecta's are a joke. the ones that should pay big money are really being hit from somewhere. of course i do not have one ounce of hardcore proof. what i do know is the payoffs are alot less on those things than they were when i played them 20 years ago.