PDA

View Full Version : El Heat

cj
03-06-2011, 03:31 PM
Is anything better than watching them lose, especially when Lebrick stinks it up late?

Relwob Owner
03-06-2011, 03:39 PM
Is anything better than watching them lose, especially when Lebrick stinks it up late?

The answer is no.......

By the way CJ-nice call with the Mavericks about a month ago-I hadnt seen enough of them until you pointed out their recent play. They are extremely deep and adding Brewer for some defensive beef helps.....

Tee
03-06-2011, 03:42 PM
My day will be complete with a Spurs win over the Lakers.

PhantomOnTour
03-06-2011, 03:42 PM
I'm not one to root against a team without some loyalty or financial interest, but I will make an exception in this case.
I hate the Heat...actually, just LeBron and Bosh.

cj
03-06-2011, 05:52 PM

I hope you cashed a nice ticket so your day doesn't remain incomplete. :)

Zippy Chippy
03-06-2011, 06:08 PM

Its like Christmas

Wiley
03-06-2011, 06:11 PM
The Heat looked lost at the end of this game, guess this is their normal behavior in tight games against good teams. LeBron definitely forced some bad shots and Miller was useless, pathetic foul on Deng to give up the game winning free throws.

The Bulls are a fun team, with a lot of energy and close out well on defense, great on the boards. Rose (good article on him this week in SI about how much he worked on his game last summer) is an up and coming star, if he learns to/or chooses to play defense I can see them contending for a title soon.

dav4463
03-06-2011, 11:19 PM

As a lifelong Spurs fan, I did not feel good about today. Something about those Sunday daytime games! Spurs always start flat when they play early. Late-risers I guess! Gasol even hit a 3pter! I knew it was over!

Fortunately at playoff time, there aren't that many daytime games and no back to backs! Spurs will be OK !

Valuist
03-06-2011, 11:22 PM
Now 1-9 against the elite teams in the NBA. Clearly they are a bully; blowing out the patsies but when they get punched in the face, they run home crying.

Speaking of which......supposedly some Heat players were crying after the game? Crying??? There's no crying in basketball.

Canarsie
03-07-2011, 08:18 AM
Say what you want and I highly disapprove of the way those three chose the Heat but ratings are at an all time high when their on.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2010/10/27/miami-heat-vs-boston-celtics-is-most-watched-regular-season-game-ever-on-cable/69918

Since the Knicks got Carmello their ratings have gone through the roof.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/Carmelo-Anthony-debut-highest-rated-New-York-Knicks-game-in-16-years-022411

Now having posted the good financial news this is bad long term for the NBA. While some would argue that the major markets should have the best teams I think a franchise tag on one player per team should be implemented in the next CBA. There are more small market teams out there than major. My guess is David Stern will get a lot of heat (no pun intended) to have that included. They are talking about contraction and moving teams not a good baromoter for the years to come.

cj
03-16-2011, 11:08 PM
I hope those ratings were high tonight as the Thunder kicked their ass on the Heat's court.

Robert Goren
03-17-2011, 06:46 AM
I have tried and tried to like the Thunder, but just can't. It probably has something to do with the way the Sonics became the Thunder. If you dislike James' move to Miami, then you should hate the moving of that franchise. Talk about a money grab at taxpayer expense. Kudo to Seattle and Washington state for saying "no".

cj
03-17-2011, 09:01 AM
I don't necessarily agree with taxpayers funding arenas, but that is the way it is. Seattle had every chance to keep the team and they didn't.

maddog42
03-17-2011, 09:07 AM
I have tried and tried to like the Thunder, but just can't. It probably has something to do with the way the Sonics became the Thunder. If you dislike James' move to Miami, then you should hate the moving of that franchise. Talk about a money grab at taxpayer expense. Kudo to Seattle and Washington state for saying "no".

Maybe sometimes you get what you pay for. Building a new arena here in okc was money well spent. We lured a team away from Seattle that was losing money. They are MAKING money here and the economic impact was huge. We have also given other financial incentives and I believe most Okies would agree
that the taxpayer is getting there moneys worth. I respect Seattle as a financial conservative but we made the right choice and so did Seattle. Isn't that what capitalism is all about?

cj
03-17-2011, 11:07 AM
Maybe sometimes you get what you pay for. Building a new arena here in okc was money well spent. We lured a team away from Seattle that was losing money. They are MAKING money here and the economic impact was huge. We have also given other financial incentives and I believe most Okies would agree
that the taxpayer is getting there moneys worth. I respect Seattle as a financial conservative but we made the right choice and so did Seattle. Isn't that what capitalism is all about?

In the end, Seattle will capitulate to get a new team...mark it down.

Canarsie
03-17-2011, 12:42 PM
I hope those ratings were high tonight as the Thunder kicked their ass on the Heat's court.

They're not posted yet but I bet it's a huge number.

I watched the game not a fan of any team but love basketball. Was really impressed by the Thunder's defensive rotation and clogging up the paint. If you look at Perkin's stats they surely don't tell the whole story. Haven't seen much of Ibaka, the kid has a huge upside. He needs to get to the line more especially against the Lakers if they meet.

Now for my game breakdown for what it's worth. :lol:

The Thunder destroyed them on the offensive glass and the 3 point line. They made the Heat look uncomfortable in the second half their looks were not good. They really clamped down on Bosh who has been playing outstanding. If they play like this and can improve chemistry the rest of the way they can be champions. The only negative thing I can say about them yesterday was they didn't get to the line enough but the game was in hand most of the second half. It was truly a playoff defensive effort.

My two cents.

dav4463
03-17-2011, 01:39 PM
Don't you know in Miami, you do not get to the line? Wade, James, and Bosh never foul !

Heck, the Spurs had 3 free throws in 3 quarters there....and they normally get 20-30 per game!....they were jacking up a lot of 3's, but only after getting pounded on drives to the basket and getting no-calls.....so had to take it outside and hope to hit some 3 pters !

maddog42
03-17-2011, 02:25 PM
Don't you know in Miami, you do not get to the line? Wade, James, and Bosh never foul !

Heck, the Spurs had 3 free throws in 3 quarters there....and they normally get 20-30 per game!....they were jacking up a lot of 3's, but only after getting pounded on drives to the basket and getting no-calls.....so had to take it outside and hope to hit some 3 pters !

Because of Durant the Thunder get to the foul line (normally) a lot . Last year Durant shot more free throws than anybody. But not in Miami. Home-cookin'.

cj
03-17-2011, 08:17 PM
Yep, Thunder are second in the NBA in free throw attempts and they shoot the highest percentage last I checked.

Home cooking is right. Wade went ballistic when he wasn't given free throws late, and he was fouled, but there were many missed the other way as well. Hell, once Westbrook caught the inbounds and was shoved out right in front of the ref, no other players close, and no call other than out of bounds.

What is with the press conferences after every game? Other teams don't do that.

Canarsie
03-18-2011, 08:37 AM
What is with the press conferences after every game? Other teams don't do that.

The Knicks do it after every game but then again Cablevision owns them. It's really pathetic they say the same thing over and over again win or lose.

Canarsie
03-18-2011, 08:47 AM

So if they play the Lakers they won't to the line? I just saw CJ post they are second in free throw attempts did not know that. My point is their bigs are the ones that need to get the fouls drawn. Guard fouls always fluctuate as stated especially with home court. If they can get Gasol frustrated their chances increase dramatically. Just looked up the stats they don't go to the line often.

Depending on what happens with the next CBA they may be set for a long time being the third youngest team in the NBA.

Canarsie
03-18-2011, 12:38 PM
Ratings not to shabby.

ESPN NBA Game #1 (2.892 million viewers, #2; adults 18-49: 1.2, #T3)

Zippy Chippy
03-29-2011, 09:59 PM
I saw the Heat were favored 13 on the road tonight vs Cleveland.. Anyone know how much they won by? Muhahaha..