PDA

View Full Version : nhc tourney today

parlay
03-06-2011, 10:35 AM
is this a "live" event or do all picks
go in before first post?

garyscpa
03-06-2011, 10:40 AM
You can change your pick up to 1 minute before post.

parlay
03-06-2011, 10:50 AM
Thanks!!

Milkshaker
03-06-2011, 07:59 PM
My least favorite type of contest to play...

A "herd" contest that attracts thousands of participants, all mandated to play the same small pool of 10 mandatory races.

You handicap the first few races, and if you haven't broken out of the pack, you (and thousands of others) are relegated to handicap the leaderboard for the last half of the contest, only playing horses based on prices that will vault you above everyone else.

stuball
03-08-2011, 08:11 PM
I entered all my picks before the first race with the intention of finishing my
selections for the last 2 races and got stuck not being able to change anything..
it simply would not let me change as I tried numerous times...would have done much better but not won the contest...why did it not work for me? Used good chrome I wonder if that was the problem.

Stuball

Spiderman
03-08-2011, 08:25 PM
selections for the last 2 races and got stuck not being able to change anything..
it simply would not let me change as I tried numerous times...would have done much better but not won the contest...why did it not work for me? Used good chrome I wonder if that was the problem.

Stuball
Had same problem. Entered all selections at about noon. Wanted to change Event 1 selection to eventual winner, but was not able to make change. Learned later that OP had delayed post times which contest administrator did not adjust.

garyscpa
03-08-2011, 08:28 PM
Had same problem. Entered all selections at about noon. Wanted to change Event 1 selection to eventual winner, but was not able to make change. Learned later that OP had delayed post times which contest administrator did not adjust.

Yes, I think you had to change at least 1 minute before scheduled post time, and all of the tracks were running late, except maybe SH.

Steve 'StatMan'
03-08-2011, 10:52 PM

Stuball

Wonder if lots of people making contest enteries/changes, there was too much activity for the bandwidth or the servies, etc.

bdownes
03-09-2011, 02:21 PM
Oaklawn ran the 2nd last to contest race 20 minutes after their originally scheduled post time in the program. The NTRA says selections would be cut off a minute before orginally scheduled post time so that meant u would have to get your pick in about 22 minutes before the time the actual race went off. Players had really no clue on what the odds were going to be. Hopefully, the NTRA will change this rule as post times in the program aren't strictly adhered to on race day.