PDA

View Full Version : Out of the Pocket???

Not4Love
03-05-2011, 01:31 PM
Is a horse more likely to "react/bounce" if in their previous race they were first over and parked out? Or does this mean you give them extra consideration. Wondering??

botster
03-05-2011, 02:52 PM
[QUOTE=Not4Love]Is a horse more likely to "react/bounce" if in their previous race they were first over and parked out? Or does this mean you give them extra consideration. Wondering??[/QUOT

I believe that a good "uncovered" trip is good for a horse.Today we just don't train them much anymore during their racing campaign.They need to have these type of trips to keep their stamina.At Yonkers their are some classes that don't get in every week, and these type of miles keep them tight.

I believe those that are "Raceway Sound" that go these miles and hold repectfully well,and especially those that are coming off layoffs that put in "PARKED UNCOVERED" efforts do improve the next start.

On the other hand, those that are chronic sore types that undergo these type of efforts do bounce to a certain degree in their next start, if they aren't stopped with to have work done on them.

The "parked the mile efforts", with a horse finishing far back, or efforts in were they are "hard used" getting the lead are big indicators off layoffs that improvers are expected.I will usually use these type of efforts anywhere from their first, up to their fifth, or sixth start back off a layoff.

Hanover1
03-05-2011, 04:41 PM
Is a horse more likely to "react/bounce" if in their previous race they were first over and parked out? Or does this mean you give them extra consideration. Wondering??

For me it depends on where the horse that parked him finished, and what fractions the horse was parked for, and his eventual finish as well. If dropped next out-fire away, however like conditions warrant careful look for my money....

Not4Love
03-05-2011, 06:35 PM
Interesting points. I like the idea about if they drop in the next start. Thanks again.

Sea Biscuit
03-05-2011, 06:48 PM
A parked out first over trip battling the leader in fast fractions is much more meaningful than a first over trip grinding away in slow fractions.