PDA

View Full Version : So how did CompuTrak (CT) do in the NHC and the World Series of Handicapping?

LRH4
03-04-2011, 10:41 PM
Short Answer - Pretty Well!!

Hi all,

With the help of CompuTrak (CT), I was fortunate to qualify and participate in the two biggest handicapping contests in North America each year, the DRF/NTRA (NHC) contest and the World Series of Handicapping, both held in the January/February timeframe in Las Vegas.

In the NHC, I came in 53rd out of 302 (top 18%), but did not cash.

In the World Series, I faired better, winning day 2 with total points, hitting 6 winners (3/1 to 37/1) and 2 places!. Overall I placed 16th out of 659 (top 2%) winning about $12,000.....The Racing Gods were with me.

With the assistance of Rube Boxer's CT www.revelationprofits.com , statistically, I placed better in both contests than any other horseplayer!

I tried to download a few files substantiating my results and showing everyone how I identified winners with CT, but the files are too large

If you have more interest, please email me at lindsay_hurst@msn.com. Please be patient as I've been receiving lots of emails

Take care.....

LRH4

cj
03-06-2011, 10:08 AM

Who asked the question?

pktruckdriver
03-06-2011, 12:29 PM
Is this advertising for something? :confused:

Lord knows I got enough info already...

Patrick

pktruckdriver
03-06-2011, 02:12 PM
Too not sound so snotty, great job in your contests, but...

Patrick

The Hawk
03-06-2011, 06:07 PM
Wow, quite a difference from the other thread on this board, a 2-page list of congratulations for a member for winning $1,000 on XPressBet. Must have been in your delivery, Mr. Hurst, but congrats anyway.

gm10
03-06-2011, 06:18 PM
I had a read through the PDF's on that website and I think they are pretty good. (The same insights were examined from a different angle recently - book by Wilkins).

cj
03-06-2011, 06:22 PM
Wow, quite a difference from the other thread on this board, a 2-page list of congratulations for a member for winning $1,000 on XPressBet. Must have been in your delivery, Mr. Hurst, but congrats anyway.

First, the winner of the $1,000 didn't initiate the thread about himself. Second, he didn't do it by shilling a software package of a former advertiser that no longer pays to advertise.

The Hawk
03-06-2011, 07:17 PM
First, the winner of the $1,000 didn't initiate the thread about himself. Second, he didn't do it by shilling a software package of a former advertiser that no longer pays to advertise.

The first part is silly, maybe no one here knew he did well, and his ego needs the stroke. Yes, it's immodest, but hey, it's the internet.

The 2nd part could be a valid point but I thought we already went through this on an earlier thread, where it was determined he was simply a satisfied customer of that service? I could be wrong about that, if so, I apologize, it's then clearly shilling.

garyscpa
03-06-2011, 07:27 PM

Clearly he should have set up a second user name to congratulate himself.

I think he told us on the other thread that he was going to go through how and what he did in the tournaments after the fact. And that's all he was doing.

thaskalos
03-06-2011, 08:38 PM
Horseplaying is a solitary activity...and other people seldom know how well we do.

If WE can't congratulate ourselves...who will?

Light
03-07-2011, 12:02 AM
Either LRH4 has Alzheimer's disease or he's a shill like I said in this 153 post thread in which he said the same thing he just said here.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74876

OK,we get it. You're a good handicapper who wins with CT. Give it a rest or tell us something we don't know.

JustRalph
03-07-2011, 12:42 AM

Not to mention JimG is a hell of a guy who has multiple times gone out of his way to help newbies to the game etc. In fact he spent probably the better part of 3 months helping me learn the game early on. Hell, that's been almost ten years ago now. I have plenty of Turf scores with Jim's influence all over them.

He has been a long time member and is as modest a guy there is the whole damn world. He is self effacing and humble. Over the last few years he has been playing great in tournaments. He has always been a very low key member of this board, but walks softly and carries a big handicapping stick.

Did I mention he is a nice guy ? :lol: :lol:

The Hawk
03-07-2011, 08:50 AM
Good to hear that about Jim, it sounds like we need more like him.

LRH4
03-07-2011, 04:57 PM
Either LRH4 has Alzheimer's disease or he's a shill like I said in this 153 post thread in which he said the same thing he just said here.

OK,we get it. You're a good handicapper who wins with CT. Give it a rest or tell us something we don't know.

Hi....."hey, I'm a winner, duh...with Tiger blood" ;-)

Okay gang, I get the point...this thread was new in that I mentioned the World Series.....My intent was never to brag, as that is so not my style as I'm atually a very average handicapper that has a great tool that can help each of you - really.

I guess this is what makes me want to write these posts because CT is so powerful and I have tons of experience with it. CT can compete with all the much more expensive subscription products out there.

I've gotten probably 100's of emails from folks asking me questions so I probably should devote more time to them vs. posting to this site.

Again, I have never received any compensation from my posts and just do it in the spirit of helping others and thanking Rube/CT for a wild ride I never expected.

Take care....

LRH4
(Lindsay)

ps...not sure what everyone was talking about winning $1,000?....maybe it was about someone else

raybo
03-07-2011, 05:30 PM
Does this mean I, or other users of AllData, can't brag about it's effectiveness? It's free but that fact alone might cause some to use it rather than purchasing authorized advertiser's products.

I really think that PA's intent is not to keep users, of any software, from proclaiming a particular product's effectiveness, ease of use, results, etc., but rather to prevent the obvious solicitation of an unauthorized advertiser's product. And thus, I find nothing wrong with what this man is posting. After all he did post it in the "Handicapping Software" section, not the "Authorized Advertiser's Handicapping Software" section.

cj
03-07-2011, 08:07 PM
I see your point raybo. However, the guy has 50 some posts, and the vast majority are directly or indirectly related to this software. He posts about nothing else. Do you find that a little odd? I certainly do.

Does this mean I, or other users of AllData, can't brag about it's effectiveness? It's free but that fact alone might cause some to use it rather than purchasing authorized advertiser's products.

I really think that PA's intent is not to keep users, of any software, from proclaiming a particular product's effectiveness, ease of use, results, etc., but rather to prevent the obvious solicitation of an unauthorized advertiser's product. And thus, I find nothing wrong with what this man is posting. After all he did post it in the "Handicapping Software" section, not the "Authorized Advertiser's Handicapping Software" section.

jk3521
03-07-2011, 08:20 PM
I own the 2006 version of that software and it is still a mystery to me. :bang: :bang: Sure after the fact I notice that one of the columns has a longshot selection that shows up. We could find that with any software , but the next race same class and distance the winner in that same column is nowhere to be found. Each race is a new story, even if the same players show up, the outcome could be completely different.

raybo
03-07-2011, 08:41 PM
I see your point raybo. However, the guy has 50 some posts, and the vast majority are directly or indirectly related to this software. He posts about nothing else. Do you find that a little odd? I certainly do.

I haven't tracked or searched his posts, so I hadn't noticed the nature of all his posts.

cj
03-07-2011, 10:39 PM
I haven't tracked or searched his posts, so I hadn't noticed the nature of all his posts.

Ok, fair enough, but before assuming I was just going on a witch hunt maybe you could check.

LRH4
03-07-2011, 11:01 PM
Ok, fair enough, but before assuming I was just going on a witch hunt maybe you could check.

Cj...what exactly is your problem?
So I posted 50 times or 100 times about handicapping software.....who cares...check the forum you are in.....seems like by your icon you should be yacking it up in the basketball forum anyway
So sad you're trying to make me out to be something I'm not

Why don't you post something of interest that has gotten over 20,000 hits

LRH4

garyscpa
03-07-2011, 11:04 PM

This thread should clear it up. I was under the impression that the Handicapping Software forum was for discussion by members of various software and how it performed. There is precious little of it lately, and this was one attempt at it.

raybo
03-08-2011, 12:23 AM
This thread should clear it up. I was under the impression that the Handicapping Software forum was for discussion by members of various software and how it performed. There is precious little of it lately, and this was one attempt at it.

I agree, and I wasn't accusing anyone of going on a witch hunt, just didn't see where he was doing anything "illegal" by updating us on his performance in those contests, and the fact that he was using a particular piece of software is beside the point, IMO.

Even if all his posts are about contests and his choice of software, maybe he doesn't have the time to explore all the other subjects presented on this, or any other forum. Or maybe he's not interested in the other topics.

Light
03-08-2011, 02:17 AM
I don't know who wants to keep hearing someone say how great they are doing using a certain piece of software but offer no help to others using that product. That comes across self serving or serving the software maker. What do the readers get? Nothing. In the other thread LRH4 says he will give some insight into how he uses CT,then says he's busy twice, then never really follows up on it except to say how well he's doing in another contest. Bye gotta go.

Hey I can bore the crap out of you too and tell you how well I did here and there and with the software I use, but lets talk about me. This is a tough game and a lot of people might be in a downward swing and mood in their capping . Having someone gloat about how well they are doing more than once is one too many times. I am not down in my handicapping nor do I care to use a new product to handicap. But I believe one needs to be sensitive and aware of your audience if you are going to self promote.

CBedo
03-08-2011, 02:34 AM
I don't know who wants to keep hearing someone say how great they are doing using a certain piece of software but offer no help to others using that product. That comes across self serving or serving the software maker. What do the readers get? Nothing. In the other thread LRH4 says he will give some insight into how he uses CT,then says he's busy twice, then never really follows up on it except to say how well he's doing in another contest. Bye gotta go.Exactly. I thought the software forum was meant to discuss software, not tout it.

thaskalos
03-08-2011, 02:36 AM
If a member of this site is ecstatic with joy over the results he is getting with a particular handicapping software, and he wants to talk about it on this board...why does he have to explain to us how he uses it?

Even if he is lying about the success he is having at the windows...so what? Is this the first time that some member is making extravagant claims about his/her methodology?

These suspicions of impropriety also surfaced the last time this poster praised this piece of software...and he was exonerated of all wrongdoing.

Why is this time any different?

cj
03-08-2011, 08:23 AM
If a member of this site is ecstatic with joy over the results he is getting with a particular handicapping software, and he wants to talk about it on this board...why does he have to explain to us how he uses it?

Because otherwise, it sure looks like an advertisement...simple as that.

Jingle
03-08-2011, 08:34 AM
LRH4 & Jim G

CONGRATULATIONS TO BOTH OF YOU FOR THE FINE JOB YOU DID IN THE CONTESTS. I LOVE TO READ ARTICLES WHEN SOMEONE HAS SUCCESS BEATING THE GAME WHETHER THEY MENTION HOW THEY DID IT OR NOT.

I DON'T RESENT IT, I'M NOT JEALOUS, AND I DON'T ENVY YOU IN THE LEAST. IN FACT, I'M HAPPY FOR YOU BOTH AND WISH YOU WELL IN THE FUTURE.

I GUESS THE MORAL OF THIS THREAD IS IF YOU'RE SUCCESSFUL USING A METHOD OR SOFTWARE AND MADE A FEW $$ YOU BETTER NOT MENTION IT HERE OR GET READY FOR THE CRITICISM AND CLAIM OF AN ULTERIOR MOTIVE. ON THE OTHER HAND IF YOU DON'T MIND BLEEDING A LITTLE AND CAN SWIM WITH THE SHARKS THEN BRING IT ON--MORE SUCCESS STORIES. (IF THERE ARE ANY)!

WHATEVER HAPPENED TO THE OLD SAYING "LIVE AND LET LIVE"?

raybo
03-08-2011, 09:15 AM
LRH4 & Jim G

CONGRATULATIONS TO BOTH OF YOU FOR THE FINE JOB YOU DID IN THE CONTESTS. I LOVE TO READ ARTICLES WHEN SOMEONE HAS SUCCESS BEATING THE GAME WHETHER THEY MENTION HOW THEY DID IT OR NOT.

I DON'T RESENT IT, I'M NOT JEALOUS, AND I DON'T ENVY YOU IN THE LEAST. IN FACT, I'M HAPPY FOR YOU BOTH AND WISH YOU WELL IN THE FUTURE.

I GUESS THE MORAL OF THIS THREAD IS IF YOU'RE SUCCESSFUL USING A METHOD OR SOFTWARE AND MADE A FEW $$ YOU BETTER NOT MENTION IT HERE OR GET READY FOR THE CRITICISM AND CLAIM OF AN ULTERIOR MOTIVE. ON THE OTHER HAND IF YOU DON'T MIND BLEEDING A LITTLE AND CAN SWIM WITH THE SHARKS THEN BRING IT ON--MORE SUCCESS STORIES. (IF THERE ARE ANY)!

WHATEVER HAPPENED TO THE OLD SAYING "LIVE AND LET LIVE"?

I agree, while most of us here have been in racing forever, there are some who are exploring horse race handicapping for the 1st time. It is these people we must attract to the sport, because new players is the only way for the sport to survive.

What better way to attract new players is there than espousing our success and the success of others?

How do you think poker exploded in such a short time? The answer is the exposure of it's success stories, and displaying how they accomplished it. While we don't necessarily want to display how they did it, in our sport, we certainly want to advertise the fact that they did it, and what tools they used.

cj
03-08-2011, 09:42 AM
Since I'm the bad guy here, I'll post my last thoughts and you guys can have at me.

The board here is still a business. I have ZERO financial stake in it, not one penny. However, I consider the owner a friend. If this kind of rampant cheerleading is allowed to go on, what incentive is there for anyone to advertise? Why not just get a shill or two to do it for you for free?

If the guy was offering anything of use to others trying to use the software, it might be different. But I don't see that happening here. All I see is an unpaid advertisement.

PaceAdvantage
03-08-2011, 10:52 AM
I agree 100% with CJ on this one...

Those jumping to defend the OP don't know the whole story, and I'm not prepared to share at this current time.

Jingle, of all people, should know that I welcome discussion of all software by end users...what you wrote here is nonsense:

I GUESS THE MORAL OF THIS THREAD IS IF YOU'RE SUCCESSFUL USING A METHOD OR SOFTWARE AND MADE A FEW $$ YOU BETTER NOT MENTION IT HERE OR GET READY FOR THE CRITICISM AND CLAIM OF AN ULTERIOR MOTIVE

dartman51
03-08-2011, 10:53 AM

Hi all,

With the help of CompuTrak (CT), I was fortunate to qualify and participate in the two biggest handicapping contests in North America each year, the DRF/NTRA (NHC) contest and the World Series of Handicapping, both held in the January/February timeframe in Las Vegas.

In the NHC, I came in 53rd out of 302 (top 18%), but did not cash.

In the World Series, I faired better, winning day 2 with total points, hitting 6 winners (3/1 to 37/1) and 2 places!. Overall I placed 16th out of 659 (top 2%) winning about $12,000.....The Racing Gods were with me.

With the assistance of Rube Boxer's CT www.revelationprofits.com (http://www.revelationprofits.com) , statistically, I placed better in both contests than any other horseplayer!

I tried to download a few files substantiating my results and showing everyone how I identified winners with CT, but the files are too large

If you have more interest, please email me at lindsay_hurst@msn.com. Please be patient as I've been receiving lots of emails

Take care.....

LRH4

Enhancement done by me.

Some people need to learn to read, instead of whining that he is just gloating about his success and not offering to tell anyone how he did it, or help someone that might have the same software. I swear, I believe some people just wait for someone to say something that they can jump on and try to tear down. Sounds like a lot of insecurities in their own handicapping. Maybe a little jealously thrown in for good measure. :ThmbUp:

Jingle
03-08-2011, 10:59 AM
CJ--I love you and you're a class act but I guess "great minds" don't always have to think alike.

What if I did some "rampant cheerleading" and posted how I made a zillion dollars using CJ's figs with my MPH program. Are you saying it would be okay to mention your "figs" but not MPH or other software as the programmar is not a paid advertiser here? Is the Handicapping Software Forum for paid advertisers only? Maybe it should be. I know "business is business" but c'mon, you're bigger than that. Its kind of apparent that some who posted in this thread could start a fight in an empty parking lot never mind the criteria of "offering something of use". Lighten up.

Roger
03-08-2011, 11:07 AM
CJ, I disagree about your assessment that he is not contributing anything. He has offered insights of how he uses the Program and has asked anyone who is interested to join his mailing list just for that purpose. I know, I'm on it! I have had the Program for many years and have had a problem making any consistent sense of it. I'm grateful for the help and appreciate his thoughfulness in offering help to anybody who wants it.
And no, I do not know the fellow and have no affiliation whatsoever with him other than being on his mailing list and certaintly not posting this in his support.

You have to admire his success whether you agree with the purpose of his Post's, which certaintly got a lot of attention...I think more of this kind of dialogue with anybody having good success with a Program makes this Forum a lot more interesting. At least in my opinion. :ThmbUp:

Roger,

PaceAdvantage
03-08-2011, 11:09 AM
Jingle,

You continue to post your ignorance. Other than this thread, where are the constant indicators that this section should be for authorized advertisers only?

Oh, is it all the times CJ and I jumped down the throats of all those who have posted about HTR through the years? HTR has NEVER been an advertiser here at PaceAdvantage. That is but one example.

I wish people would end the nasty habit of grand generalizing based on one isolated incident.

Jingle
03-08-2011, 11:11 AM
PA--I'm sorry. If I had known there is more to the story you wouldn't have got any rambling from me. This is a great board and my first stop in the am.
I just hate to see such negativity over someone's success but as you mentioned...there is more to the story so I'll just shut up.

cj
03-08-2011, 11:21 AM
CJ, I disagree about your assessment that he is not contributing anything. He has offered insights of how he uses the Program and has asked anyone who is interested to join his mailing list just for that purpose. I know, I'm on it! I have had the Program for many years and have had a problem making any consistent sense of it. I'm grateful for the help and appreciate his thoughfulness in offering help to anybody who wants it.
And no, I do not know the fellow and have no affiliation whatsoever with him other than being on his mailing list and certaintly not posting this in his support.

You have to admire his success whether you agree with the purpose of his Post's, which certaintly got a lot of attention...I think more of this kind of dialogue with anybody having good success with a Program makes this Forum a lot more interesting. At least in my opinion. :ThmbUp:

Roger,

I would just say if you need help with the program, the owner should be the place to go, not an alleged "third party" offering private lessons.

cj
03-08-2011, 11:24 AM
CJ--I love you and you're a class act but I guess "great minds" don't always have to think alike.

What if I did some "rampant cheerleading" and posted how I made a zillion dollars using CJ's figs with my MPH program. Are you saying it would be okay to mention your "figs" but not MPH or other software as the programmar is not a paid advertiser here? Is the Handicapping Software Forum for paid advertisers only? Maybe it should be. I know "business is business" but c'mon, you're bigger than that. Its kind of apparent that some who posted in this thread could start a fight in an empty parking lot never mind the criteria of "offering something of use". Lighten up.

I'll just say I NEVER encourage anyone to mention my figures here. I mention them in context of my handicapping, nothing more. Again, people are free to discuss anything they want, but that is within reason. If someone posts ONLY about software, that has a certain odor too it, and it isn't a pleasant odor.

raybo
03-08-2011, 11:27 AM
I agree 100% with CJ on this one...

Those jumping to defend the OP don't know the whole story, and I'm not prepared to share at this current time.

Jingle, of all people, should know that I welcome discussion of all software by end users...what you wrote here is nonsense:

Well, if this is the case then why allow the thread to go on, and turn into a fist fight. Just delete the thread and be done with it. As a matter of fact why not just ban the one who started the thread for violating your rules. While you're at it ban me too and take AllData's presence here away, also.

cj
03-08-2011, 11:29 AM
While you're at it ban me too and take AllData's presence here away, also.

I can't speak for PA, but I certainly think you have contributed a ton here. I don't think anybody has ever complained about anything AllData.

Tom
03-08-2011, 11:44 AM
I think it is great that we have TWO homegrown software projects here. Lots of hard work and generosity by several people - truly worthy of praise.

Some really good people post here - we are fortunate to have them. :ThmbUp:

kingfin66
03-08-2011, 04:58 PM

See posts #23 and #25

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?p=165935&highlight=authorized#post165935

LRH4
03-08-2011, 05:08 PM

Roger,

Deep breath......

Thanks Roger and Dartman51.....

I have been helping people off line by sending them countless CT data sheets showing them how I have been able to do well. I purposely have done this offline to avoid all this silly chatter...Some of you just dont have your facts straight and I dont have the time/energy to refute your allegations

Think what you want about me but I'll now focus on the 100 or so folks that have emailed me and will continue to try and provide more tips.

If any of you want to learn more, just email me.....you can find my email address in other posts as I dare not mention it again.

Some of you have lost your way with what I think the spirit of this forum should be about - helping each other get better..........kinda sad

Take care my friends and battle it amongst each other

LRH4

Pace Cap'n
03-08-2011, 07:47 PM
I can't speak for PA, but I certainly think you have contributed a ton here. I don't think anybody has ever complained about anything AllData.

You missed the point.

PaceAdvantage
03-08-2011, 07:48 PM
What's sad is that people reading this thread don't know the whole story involved...trying to make me or CJ look like the bad guy is the sad part.

PaceAdvantage
03-08-2011, 07:53 PM
You missed the point.his point is severely misguided. This board has been here over 10 years. If any of you honestly believed what you are posting, it never would have survived this long.

But keep on thinking I live to censor all but authorized advertisers. Ignore all the posts on here discussing software and books and methods and systems whose creators never spent one dime in advertising on this board, and with whom myself and CJ and BillW never had one single problem with....

Then come back here and tell me again what a dick I am....

cj
03-08-2011, 08:00 PM
You missed the point.

That is not surprising. I'd like him to let me know what the point was though.

garyscpa
03-08-2011, 08:20 PM
his point is severely misguided. This board has been here over 10 years. If any of you honestly believed what you are posting, it never would have survived this long.

But keep on thinking I live to censor all but authorized advertisers. Ignore all the posts on here discussing software and books and methods and systems whose creators never spent one dime in advertising on this board, and with whom myself and CJ and BillW never had one single problem with....

Then come back here and tell me again what a dick I am....

We don't think you censor the board. That's why we were sticking up for the guy. Do you really think we did it just to tell you what a dick you were?

raybo
03-08-2011, 08:29 PM
That is not surprising. I'd like him to let me know what the point was though.

My point is, we don't know "the whole story" but if the "story" you guys have proves that the man is advertising for free, then ban him. The reason I suggested that he ban me and Alldata, too is because this kind of crap makes me sick and disgusted and I couldn't care less whether I can continue to post here or not.

That's the point.

cj
03-08-2011, 08:35 PM
My point is, we don't know "the whole story" but if the "story" you guys have proves that the man is advertising for free, then ban him. The reason I suggested that he ban me and Alldata, too is because this kind of crap makes me sick and disgusted and I couldn't care less whether I can continue to post here or not.

That's the point.

I'm not privy to any inside story. I know enough to realize that if PA says there is more to it, I was probably correct in my initial assessment.

I am surprised at how many people immediately think I, and then PA, were being too hard on the guy though. While I am highly opinionated, I don't think I have a history of treating people unfairly here, and I KNOW that PA doesn't. I would also say that when it comes to posts like this, we have a very high batting average of being correct. Yet we are left to defend our posts while the initial poster is martyred.

raybo
03-08-2011, 09:23 PM
I'm not privy to any inside story. I know enough to realize that if PA says there is more to it, I was probably correct in my initial assessment.

I am surprised at how many people immediately think I, and then PA, were being too hard on the guy though. While I am highly opinionated, I don't think I have a history of treating people unfairly here, and I KNOW that PA doesn't. I would also say that when it comes to posts like this, we have a very high batting average of being correct. Yet we are left to defend our posts while the initial poster is martyred.

So, what's the decision? Does the tread stay, so we can get back to the subject of the thread, or does it get deleted. Ya'll make up your mind and when you do please let us know, one way or the other. If the decision is made to leave the thread up then we must assume that it meets standards and there should be no more complaints about the man advertising.

The Hawk
03-08-2011, 09:34 PM
So, what's the decision? Does the tread stay, so we can get back to the subject of the thread, or does it get deleted. Ya'll make up your mind and when you do please let us know, one way or the other. If the decision is made to leave the thread up then we must assume that it meets standards and there should be no more complaints about the man advertising.

That's the point. If Hurst is a known violator of policy he should be banned and the thread squashed. Those of us not "in the know" thought it was odd that he was immediately flogged by CJ. If there's more to the story (and there apparently is, to be fair to you guys) why is he allowed to continue to post this stuff, as opposed to simply being sanctioned in some way?

It doesn't do you, as moderators, any good to be sarcastic and mean to a guy like this ("Who asked the question?"), as people on the outside just see it as you being dicks, as it seems he's just being treated as someone not "in the club". That's the perception, even if it now seems you have legitimate reasons for discrediting him. You can see how that would happen, no?

cj
03-08-2011, 09:58 PM

I don't make those decisions. I posted so PA would see the thread. As I stated elsewhere recently, I don't read half the threads, and I doubt PA does either.

PaceAdvantage
03-08-2011, 10:14 PM
I have absolutely nothing against a person discussing whatever software, method or system they happen to find useful. That's what this section is for.

Someone said it best earlier. I should have either immediately deleted the thread, or simply kept my mouth shut...I apologize for making the wrong decision in this case.

I have nothing personal against LRH4 and wish him nothing but success with CompuTrak going forward. Hopefully, we can all move ahead and discuss more constructive matters as it pertains to handicapping.

thaskalos
03-08-2011, 10:25 PM
I have absolutely nothing against a person discussing whatever software, method or system they happen to find useful. That's what this section is for.

Someone said it best earlier. I should have either immediately deleted the thread, or simply kept my mouth shut...I apologize for making the wrong decision in this case.

I have nothing personal against LRH4 and wish him nothing but success with CompuTrak going forward. Hopefully, we can all move ahead and discuss more constructive matters as it pertains to handicapping.This is the main reason why your site is still flying high after more than 10 years PA...and why all of us consider it to be the best site of its kind on the internet.

You are very fair in what you do, and you know how to say the most...with the least amount of verbiage. :ThmbUp:

Tom
03-08-2011, 10:55 PM
Not only has this forum lasted that long, but it lasted in an earlier version before a crash. That ain't by co-inky-dink. :ThmbUp:

LRH4
03-08-2011, 11:04 PM
That's the point. If Hurst is a known violator of policy he should be banned and the thread squashed. Those of us not "in the know" thought it was odd that he was immediately flogged by CJ. If there's more to the story (and there apparently is, to be fair to you guys) why is he allowed to continue to post this stuff, as opposed to simply being sanctioned in some way?

It doesn't do you, as moderators, any good to be sarcastic and mean to a guy like this ("Who asked the question?"), as people on the outside just see it as you being dicks, as it seems he's just being treated as someone not "in the club". That's the perception, even if it now seems you have legitimate reasons for discrediting him. You can see how that would happen, no?

Well, against my better judgement, I feel compelled to jump back in.

As I read these comments, I can't believe I caused just a stir. From people suggesting I'm a shill, to me violating rules and should be sanctioned or this thread to be deleted to the PA using the word, "dick".....really?

What is this mysterious "there is more to the story"......PA- please tell us all what is means because I have no clue.....this entire situation has gotten so bizarre.....if I'm in violation of something, please tell the entire the group as my reputation is beginning to be discredited which is not cool

LRH 4

PaceAdvantage
03-08-2011, 11:47 PM
I've stated all I'm going to state publicly. If you wish to know more, you are free to private message me.

I said in post #53, I have nothing against you and there's a chance I may have made an error in judgement. If you'd like to know the rest of the story, you are free to contact Rube or myself privately.

Jingle
03-09-2011, 07:29 AM
Thaskalos & PA (Mike)

DITTO AND AMEN. LET'S MOVE ON--WE'RE BETTER THAN THIS AND THIS IS THE BEST BOARD FOR HANDICAPPERS ON THE INTERNET. PLEASE NO ARGUMENT EVEN IF YOU DISAGREE.

hrspwr
03-09-2011, 09:48 AM
Thaskalos & PA (Mike)

DITTO AND AMEN. LET'S MOVE ON--WE'RE BETTER THAN THIS AND THIS IS THE BEST BOARD FOR HANDICAPPERS ON THE INTERNET. PLEASE NO ARGUMENT EVEN IF YOU DISAGREE.

Agree. I like this site and joined because I was looking for a software product that worked. I was looking for comments like Lindsay's for guidance on software. Since no one else was lauding a product at the time, I decided to go with CT and have been happy since. I am also interested in other products and may try them later. Would like to hear more from actual users.

My point is had this board banned comments such as LRH4's, I would likely still be looking for a software product that worked for me, so for allowing these posts I thank you. For any other newby's out there possibly reading this, Lindsay actually does give some advice on practical uses of CompuTrak and I thank him publicly here for that.

BTW, some of you really come off sounding like grumpy old men, but its all good I find the same at the track...lol

LRH4
03-09-2011, 11:01 AM
Agree. I like this site and joined because I was looking for a software product that worked. I was looking for comments like Lindsay's for guidance on software. Since no one else was lauding a product at the time, I decided to go with CT and have been happy since. I am also interested in other products and may try them later. Would like to hear more from actual users.

My point is had this board banned comments such as LRH4's, I would likely still be looking for a software product that worked for me, so for allowing these posts I thank you. For any other newby's out there possibly reading this, Lindsay actually does give some advice on practical uses of CompuTrak and I thank him publicly here for that.

BTW, some of you really come off sounding like grumpy old men, but its all good I find the same at the track...lol

hrspwr.....

Thanks for your support and thanks to the many who sent me emails

As mentioned, let's just all move on and I plan to be more of an observer, for now

LRH4

Light
03-09-2011, 12:30 PM
Now you're the "observer",I thought you were the "Guru". :faint:

Look,why don't you live up to the image of what you are trying to convey. I'm all ears,and not sarcastically, if you have something to say about how you win with CT. I'm just not open to gloating with no substance or empty promises.So be my guest. Profess.

Chunkles
03-09-2011, 07:30 PM
I never post on boards, but couldn't just sit and watch this thread without saying anything.

Light, have you even read the initial post?? Or post #31 by Dartman51?? He (LRH4) offers to help anyone who asks!

I bought this software long before I ever heard of LRH4. I saw he had posted about it on a small Google groups board about the software and emailed him. He has since sent numerous updates including his reasoning behind how he uses the software. He even sent real-time tweets to whoever wanted them during the tournament in Las Vegas mentioning his picks and his thinking behind them, both wins and losses.

He has never tried to sell me anything. He's just a rare individual who is trying to help people use a tool to become better handicappers. I certainly don't blame him for being just an 'observer' now ...

Light
03-10-2011, 12:36 AM
If LRH4 now wants to be an observer,he's not going to observe much about CT because no one's discussing it.

Most people here are not big CT users. In fact this software got negative reviews from their own users when it was discussed here a couple of years or so ago.When Phillips News letter did their test on it, it was a sensation. I personally tried a trial a few years back and it was not good to put it mildly and confirmed by other users here.

Maybe LRH4's intentions are honest,but the way he has gone about it leaves a bit to be desired.The majority of readers are like me. Don't use it, probably tried it and didn't like it, but open to discussing it. Not interested in E-mailing him about it because I've moved on. But why start a thread glorifying yourself publicly (twice) and leave the majority of readers who are not users,hanging.This is exactly what system sellers do to get you to inquire further. So can you blame me for calling him a shill? He acts like one even if he isn't.

I have often wondered what I would do if I ever went public with my own homegrown software which can make its own substantial claims. Would I start soliciting here on PA? Whether or not I would become a paid advertiser is only relevant for legal purposes. But if I solicited people with the sales pitch LRH4 has, I wouldn't buy it from myself.

Because if you've had any experience in this game about winning and losing ,you know that you will lose the minute you declare yourself a winner.There is no such thing as an absolute winner or loser. Everyday,the slate is cleaned,and you create your own ambiance.You need a level head in this game. Not someone who is on cloud 9 with self absorption because he did this or that.That type of person is far from an "observer".

keenang
03-10-2011, 12:12 PM
What the hell is wrong with you guys?
If a guy wants to try and help us win more,regardless of how he does it that is great.As one of the members said awhile back some of you guys would start a fight in an empty lot.
Geno

raybo
03-10-2011, 12:28 PM
What the hell is wrong with you guys?
If a guy wants to try and help us win more,regardless of how he does it that is great.As one of the members said awhile back some of you guys would start a fight in an empty lot.
Geno

It appears that there are some here who feel they have superior intelligence than the rest of us and therefore, must protect us from unscrupulous salesmen and scam artists. This is an insult to our own intelligence, and extremely aggravating.

For those "few", I suggest you worry about yourself and your children, we're adults here and don't want or need your protection.

Light
03-10-2011, 12:38 PM
keenang

I agree with you. Let him help. But how is it helping anyone when all he talks about is I won this contest and that? Or I'm too busy winning more contests,I'll get back with you.

All those private e-mailers to him,speak up. Has he helped you so that you actually used something he told you privately and profited real,not mythical dollars. Apparently he had a lot of private e-mails asking for help in his last thread.Why aren't they defending him with proof rather than opinion?

Vinnie
03-10-2011, 09:26 PM
Light:

When have you once offered anything up other than your negative opinion on anything or anyone? LRH4 has proven that he knows what he is doing as a handicapper that uses a specific handicapping tool. I can honestly say that he has helped provide greater insight to me on how to better utilize and understand CT as a handicapping tool when I am using it. I don't use it in the same way that he does entirely, yet, I have never been as successful as I am currently in my own handicapping. However, I can only speak for myself. I am sure that he has helped many others in a similar fashion, although, once again, I truly do not claim to speak for anyone other than myself. Different tools vary in their level of effectiveness for each individual. That is one of the things that makes this game so great and interesting IMHO. :)

I imagine that you just wouldn't be good o'l Light if you weren't tossing all of that general negativity that you throw about the board with such unbelievable regularity and ease. I have to give you your props Light. You do remain consistent and somewhat of a constant in your terms of your overwhelming negativity. :confused:

thaskalos
03-11-2011, 03:04 AM
Light...

Several people in this thread have stated that they have been helped by LRH4...isn't that enough?

Even if he has only helped ONE single person...that's still more than what the majority of us have done.

headhawg
03-11-2011, 11:02 AM
I'm just not open to gloating with no substance or empty promises.So be my guest. Profess.
You need a level head in this game. Not someone who is on cloud 9 with self absorption because he did this or that.That type of person is far from an "observer".
Isn't this the proverbial pot calling the kettle "black"?

Light
03-11-2011, 11:46 AM
Light...

Several people in this thread have stated that they have been helped by LRH4...isn't that enough?

Even if he has only helped ONE single person...that's still more than what the majority of us have done.

Read Post #66.

Roger
03-11-2011, 12:25 PM
Light..Are you the judge and the jury here? Why would anyone who has been helped have to prove anything on this Forum as to how much he's making or for that matter, how he is using the Program...I don't understand your point..I recall that during the the time the Handifast Program was being discussed that you had the same negative remarks about that one also.

In fact I cannot recall not even one Post of yours as not being semi-sarcastic or negative and downright rude. I consistently receive e-mails from from him with Tips and suggestions on how he uses the Program and I appreciate it. I've been handicapping for over thirty years and I never stop learning and am eager to learn something new that can help me. I don't understand your attitude towards anyone who goes out of his way to help others and takes the time to correspond with 100 people. In my opinion, that's going beyond the call of duty.
I don't use Comutrak exclusively, but if there is something there that i can use that helps me with my handicapping that he can teach me from his experience, I'll accept it gratefully....I think you need an attitude adjustment!

Roger, :confused:

Light
03-11-2011, 02:07 PM
I don't understand your attitude towards anyone who goes out of his way to help others and takes the time to correspond with 100 people.

So is his real name Obi-Wan Kenobi? "Use your CT Luke". Or is he Mother Theresa? Working tirelessly and selflessly in the back round in a very time consuming sport so that they can all be better handicappers. Helping 100 people FREE OF CHARGE and competing successfully in time consuming handicapping tournaments.I don't know how this guy does it,but most likely as TLG just said to someone "You're full of ...."

thaskalos
03-11-2011, 02:37 PM
So is his real name Obi-Wan Kenobi? "Use your CT Luke". Or is he Mother Theresa? Working tirelessly and selflessly in the back round in a very time consuming sport so that they can all be better handicappers. Helping 100 people FREE OF CHARGE and competing successfully in time consuming handicapping tournaments.I don't know how this guy does it,but most likely as TLG just said to someone "You're full of ...."You are right Light...

Helping people FREE OF CHARGE? Nobody could possibly be THAT nice...

He probably charged them...and swore them to secrecy. :faint:

RichieP
03-11-2011, 02:51 PM
Working tirelessly and selflessly in the back round in a very time consuming sport so that they can all be better handicappers. Helping 100 people FREE OF CHARGE and competing successfully in time consuming handicapping tournaments.

Light
In certain cultures what he is doing is called "Good Karma" and a part of his successes at the tourneys could be a sort of "payback" for all the GOOD he does for others.

I don't use CT nor do I know the man but without privy to backroom stuff alleged here it looks all good to me :)

Have a great day and knock em dead in the "Ridersup"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QvVaZfFDKw&feature=related

Light
03-11-2011, 02:56 PM
You are right Light...

Helping people FREE OF CHARGE? Nobody could possibly be THAT nice...

But 100 people for free? Come on. Do I look that dumb? I know what my wife would say,but let's be reasonable here. Nobody is stopping this dude from posting his pearls of wisdom. He's just using excuses now like he did in the other thread. Before he was too busy. Now he has the "bad guys" like me. I'm like a freaking puppy.

Light
03-11-2011, 03:13 PM
Light
In certain cultures what he is doing is called "Good Karma" and a part of his successes at the tourneys could be a sort of "payback" for all the GOOD he does for others.

I don't use CT nor do I know the man but without privy to backroom stuff alleged here it looks all good to me :)

Have a great day and knock em dead in the "Ridersup"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QvVaZfFDKw&feature=related

Rich

Thanks for that clip. Totally agree with the Dali Lama. I meditate everyday before I start my day for 1/2 hour. And even though I experience an increased sense of peace, love and awareness from it,it doesn't mean you can't disagree with someone or call them on something.

I've never criticized this guy on any material he has presented because A) he hasn't really presented much and B) I am not even qualified to do that. I don't use it.

I do have a strong aversion to presentation of ego disguised as something else,like wanting to help others. That's what I'm calling him on. If he wanted to disperse that image,he could just get down to business and start explaining how we could all benefit from his CT strategies. Why in the world would I object to that. I never have and never will.

Tom
03-11-2011, 03:20 PM
I think to be fair, you have to have purchased the program first.

raybo
03-11-2011, 03:43 PM
Rich

Thanks for that clip. Totally agree with the Dali Lama. I meditate everyday before I start my day for 1/2 hour. And even though I experience an increased sense of peace, love and awareness from it,it doesn't mean you can't disagree with someone or call them on something.

I've never criticized this guy on any material he has presented because A) he hasn't really presented much and B) I am not even qualified to do that. I don't use it.

I do have a strong aversion to presentation of ego disguised as something else,like wanting to help others. That's what I'm calling him on. If he wanted to disperse that image,he could just get down to business and start explaining how we could all benefit from his CT strategies. Why in the world would I object to that. I never have and never will.

I help people for free all the time, but if you think I'm going to post my complete method on this, or any other public forum, you're nuts.

I help people for two reasons, they have shown an honest interest in putting in the work required, and, it makes me feel good. If that goes against your standards, tough.

Evidently what makes you feel good is running people down and insulting them, because in every post of yours, that I have ever read, that's all you do.

I don't see you posting your complete method? Nor have I ever seen, or heard of, you on any leaderboard, anywhere.

thaskalos
03-11-2011, 04:31 PM
Rich

Let me understand this...

LRH4 is helping 100 people with no monetary reward whatsoever, while all YOU are doing is criticizing him...and yet, YOU are the one in total agreement with the Dalai Lama.

Yours is the strangest form of Buddhism I have ever seen...

Roger
03-11-2011, 04:39 PM
[QUOTE=Light]So is his real name Obi-Wan Kenobi? "Use your CT Luke". Or is he Mother Theresa? Working tirelessly and selflessly in the back round in a very time consuming sport so that they can all be better handicappers. Helping 100 people FREE OF CHARGE and competing successfully in time consuming handicapping tournaments.I don't know how this guy does it,but most likely as TLG just said to someone "You're full of ...."[/QUOTE

Think what you want! Your'e entitled to your opinion as warped as it is...Best of Luck. :confused: :confused:

Roger,

barshoe
03-11-2011, 07:02 PM
WASNT IT LIGHT WHO SAID HIS SOFTWARE WAS LIGHT YEARS AHEAD OF OTHERS ..AND WAS CHALLENGE TO PROVE IT...AND HE NEVER DID ..I USE CompuTrak AND HIT THE KENTUCKY DERBY BACK IN 2005 I HAD THE EX WOW FOR $10.000..