PDA

View Full Version : Bird, Mchale, and Parish, or Lebron, Wade and Bosh

Zippy Chippy
03-04-2011, 10:36 PM
What 3 do you take?

You have 3 awkward guys that can't run and jump, or 3 guys w/ natural talent that can run, jump, and look like complete athletes?

Im not gonna voice my biased opinion (lived in Boston my whole life and grew up w/ season tix.. Oh the good old 80s)

cj
03-04-2011, 11:04 PM
What 3 do you take?

You have 3 awkward guys that can't run and jump, or 3 guys w/ natural talent that can run, jump, and look like complete athletes?

Im not gonna voice my biased opinion (lived in Boston my whole life and grew up w/ season tix.. Oh the good old 80s)

Parrish was never that good, but then again, neither is Bosh.

How about Magic, Jabbar, Worthy? I'll go with that trio, and I despise the Lakers.

headhawg
03-04-2011, 11:25 PM
I'd take the Boston guys because they were winners not whiners. CJ's choice for a power trio is real good as Magic was one helluva player.

But overall, I'll take Jordan, Pippen, and whoever else. MJ refused to lose and Pippen could do some things that Jordan couldn't. Pippen guarded Magic for the Bulls' first title because Magic was a bit to tough for Jordan to defend. And when Phil Jackson wanted to press, he put Horace Grant on the defensive point and other teams had a rough time with that. People remember the Bulls offense as it was usually the top of the league, but when they wanted to they could really play some great D.

eastie
03-04-2011, 11:41 PM
Parrish was never that good, but then again, neither is Bosh.

How about Magic, Jabbar, Worthy? I'll go with that trio, and I despise the Lakers.

Parish ran the court better than any 7 footer in history and hit rainbow after rainbow.....McHale had more inside moves than ex lax, and Bird was just a pure basketball player. Worthy did own the baseline though.

tribecaagent
03-04-2011, 11:48 PM
I'll take Hakeem, Horry, and Sam Cassell.

JustRalph
03-05-2011, 12:08 AM
I take the boys from Boston and I want Hondo as my optional 4th man.

Worthy was very under-rated. He could come off the pivot like nobody else. He was past you before you knew it

Zippy Chippy
03-05-2011, 12:12 AM
Parish ran the court better than any 7 footer in history and hit rainbow after rainbow.....McHale had more inside moves than ex lax, and Bird was just a pure basketball player. Worthy did own the baseline though.

Can u imagine guarding mchale???????? He was ridiculous

dav4463
03-05-2011, 12:56 AM
I will take Tim, Tony, and Manu over anybody!

They embarrassed the Heat tonight. ESPN has to show the Spurs some respect now one would think, but you can bet it will be "what's wrong with the Heat?"...not "what's right with the Spurs!"

kingfin66
03-05-2011, 01:51 AM
I take the boys from Boston and I want Hondo as my optional 4th man.

Worthy was very under-rated. He could come off the pivot like nobody else. He was past you before you knew it

I always wonder, can Hall of Famers actually be considered underrated? I'm with you and say they can, especially when they play in the shadow of other Hall of Famers. I always thought Worthy was incredibly gifted. Just a great pro, but then again, I like all the Carolina guys.

sandpit
03-05-2011, 06:19 AM
I always wonder, can Hall of Famers actually be considered underrated? I'm with you and say they can, especially when they play in the shadow of other Hall of Famers. I always thought Worthy was incredibly gifted. Just a great pro, but then again, I like all the Carolina guys.

It took the trio of Worthy, Jordan and Perkins to get Dean Smith a NCAA title. My 10yo daughter could have coached that group and won it all.

Those Celtic and Laker teams back then were incredible, because they were teams, not stars that didn't know how to mesh with the roleplayers. And like the Bulls a little later, they were both way better on D than people realized.

n3dsports
03-05-2011, 09:51 AM
In the original question the Celtics trio is way beyond the the heat trio. We will never know how good a McHale or Parrish would be as individuals because they gave themselves to the good of the team.

I would put them above the laker trio as well just because they could play a more physical game which is what you needed in the playoffs when they used to let them play unlike today. If I am not mistaken head to head in the finals the Celtics have the better record.

magwell
03-05-2011, 09:58 AM
What 3 do you take?

Im not gonna voice my biased opinion (lived in Boston my whole life and grew up w/ season tix.. Oh the good old 80s) I'll take Lebron,Wade,Bosh any day and when they get a big bully to play center instead of the 3 clowns they have now, they will rule the NBA for years to come ......btw I'm biased also, :)

chickenhead
03-05-2011, 01:49 PM
I'll take Hakeem, Horry, and Sam Cassell.

Can't agree, but happy anytime remembers just how good Hakeem was.

If I had to pick a center [for an all-time best team], I would take Olajuwon. That leaves out Shaq, Patrick Ewing. It leaves out Wilt Chamberlain. It leaves out a lot of people. And the reason I would take Olajuwon is very simple: he is so versatile because of what he can give you from that position. It's not just his scoring, not just his rebounding or not just his blocked shots. People don't realize he was in the top seven in steals. He always made great decisions on the court. For all facets of the game, I have to give it to him.
—Michael Jordan

BlueShoe
03-07-2011, 08:13 PM
Perhaps it is just nostalgia for the old days, but would go with the Celtic guys. Better still would be some of the old Laker greats, like the ones from the 1971-1972 team; Chamberlain, West, Goodrich. Later on there was Magic. Going way back on the Celtics, there was Bill Russell, a total dominating force in the middle.

Valuist
03-07-2011, 09:02 PM
Is there anyone more overpaid than Bosh? Built up big numbers on a terrible team in Toronto. He's the reason Lebron, Wade and him have been called "Two and a half men".

I'll take Jordan, Pippen and Rodman over any of them.

Cardus
03-07-2011, 09:29 PM
Worthy was one of the greatest finishers on the fast break -- college and pro -- of our times.

His NCAA Championship game vs. Georgetown -- 13-of-17 from the floor, 28 points, if memory serves -- was one of the great games by a big man in the championship since that night.