PDA

View Full Version : Who are the trainers with most violations ?

Maryland Owner
03-04-2011, 11:06 AM
Just curious - Is there a way to research which trainers have the most violations - drug or otherwise - over the past several years ? With all the focus on Dutrow and his violations - I would love to see how he stacks up against other "super trainers". Is he by far the worst or just the guy who is currently in the spotlight ? No, I am not a Dutrow fan. I just would like the spotlight to be firmly focused on ALL the chronic violators. The faster we rid our sport of these guys/gals - the better our sport will be.

BillW
03-04-2011, 11:15 AM
Just curious - Is there a way to research which trainers have the most violations - drug or otherwise - over the past several years ? With all the focus on Dutrow and his violations - I would love to see how he stacks up against other "super trainers". Is he by far the worst or just the guy who is currently in the spotlight ? No, I am not a Dutrow fan. I just would like the spotlight to be firmly focused on ALL the chronic violators. The faster we rid our sport of these guys/gals - the better our sport will be.

I know this may not be exactly what you are looking for, but it's be a start.

http://www.rmtcnet.com/content_recentrulings.asp

Tom
03-04-2011, 11:48 AM
I'd like to see that right in their records - starts, wins, places, shows, earnings, positives, days served......fine bit of info to have handy.

Saratoga_Mike
03-04-2011, 12:37 PM
I'd like to see that right in their records - starts, wins, places, shows, earnings, positives, days served......fine bit of info to have handy.

This is a good idea.

Hanover1
03-04-2011, 04:56 PM
And just how would this change how you handicap a race?

takeout
03-04-2011, 05:12 PM
This is another area where racing is woefully lacking. This stuff should be readily available to the betting public in a timely manner. It should probably be on each track’s web site as well.

takeout
03-04-2011, 05:21 PM
This is a good idea.Agree. :ThmbUp:

And they should have some other way of noting that a trainer is on suspension other than using another "name" in the pps. Changing names just screws up the trainer stats.

FenceBored
03-04-2011, 05:32 PM

Well now, depending on my mood it might take a couple of different forms. One, I'd know who might be using something they oughtn't, so I would bet on them. Two, I'd know who wasn't smart enough to not get caught, so I wouldn't bet on them.

Saratoga_Mike
03-04-2011, 07:08 PM

I'm not even sure if it would, but nothing wrong with a little public shaming. Of course many violators have no shame.

Ray Paulick
03-04-2011, 08:00 PM
This was from 2008. Keep in mind the majority of the violations/rulings are not for medication. Not sure if this is a record but it's a prodigious number. If Rick

http://www.paulickreport.com/news/ray-s-paddock/rci-rulings-asmussen-nips-dutrow-74-to-72/

Maryland Owner
03-04-2011, 09:29 PM
This was from 2008. Keep in mind the majority of the violations/rulings are not for medication. Not sure if this is a record but it's a prodigious number. If Rick

http://www.paulickreport.com/news/ray-s-paddock/rci-rulings-asmussen-nips-dutrow-74-to-72/
WOW - thanks Ray - very insightful. Any chance you could update this list and include a top 10 0r 20 Hall of Shame ? Would be very much appreciated !!!

Ray Paulick
03-04-2011, 11:19 PM
Any chance you could update this list and include a top 10 0r 20 Hall of Shame ?

I don't have access to RCI database and can only ask for one individual's ruling history at a time through the staff there. That means I would have to request numerous names to see if I could determine the "leader in the clubhouse" by number of violations. Also, I think the RCI might have some gaps in its data from when there were two competing national associations of regulators.

In addition to the RMTC link listed above (which is sortable), RCI has some recent rulings available on its website

https://www.arci-members.com/publicpages/publicrulings.asp

JustRalph
03-05-2011, 12:40 AM
Maryland Owner........good to see you posting...... :ThmbUp:

proximity
03-05-2011, 03:04 AM
who has the most violations???

idk, but steven mark asmussen must have over two dozen by now.

hoo r the biggest super-trainers to help your handicapping??

probably baytee, knesse, karlos garerro, k. borgeois (alex), vaiders/mckaszlen......................................... ........................ :)

Track Phantom
03-05-2011, 08:16 AM
who has the most violations???

idk, but steven mark asmussen must have over two dozen by now.

hoo r the biggest super-trainers to help your handicapping??

probably baytee, knesse, karlos garerro, k. borgeois (alex), vaiders/mckaszlen......................................... ........................ :)

Neet spellllling. 2 wurds. Kommunity Kollege

proximity
03-05-2011, 09:17 AM
Neet spellllling. 2 wurds. Kommunity Kollege

does this mean i shouldn't be counting on you for a letter of recommendation to help me get accepted in the university of arizona's race track industry program??:D

Maryland Owner
10-13-2011, 06:47 PM
I am bringing this thread back to life to renew my call for racing officials to go after ALL the prodigious rule violators. Dutrow should be just the beginning a far more expansive purge. If you look back in this thread you can see Ray Paulick's link to ARCI data showing that Steve Asmussen was, at the time, in a virtual dead heat with Dutrow in terms of number of violations. Why is there no outrage with Asmussen or calls for revocation of his license? I surmise its because Dutrow's personality fuels the fire and gets him no sympathy. This can't be about attitude - we need to get rid of ALL those trainers who consistently disregard the rules of various racing jurisdictions. Dutrow can't be the scapegoat for all rule breakers. They all have to go - and 10 years is a good precedent/starting point.

CryingForTheHorses
10-13-2011, 07:12 PM
I am bringing this thread back to life to renew my call for racing officials to go after ALL the prodigious rule violators. Dutrow should be just the beginning a far more expansive purge. If you look back in this thread you can see Ray Paulick's link to ARCI data showing that Steve Asmussen was, at the time, in a virtual dead heat with Dutrow in terms of number of violations. Why is there no outrage with Asmussen or calls for revocation of his license? I surmise its because Dutrow's personality fuels the fire and gets him no sympathy. This can't be about attitude - we need to get rid of ALL those trainers who consistently disregard the rules of various racing jurisdictions. Dutrow can't be the scapegoat for all rule breakers. They all have to go - and 10 years is a good precedent/starting point.

I have to agree with you.There is nothing worse then getting your horse ready for a race and when the entrees comeout seeing these guys in your races.Horses being dropped from high claiming to the bottom with everything but the kitchen sink in them.Gives no chance to a horse that is already competing at the bottom.My pet peeve is how racetracks will see a trainer winning at a 40% clip and not question it.I also dont understand how a horse can be winning for 5 k and get claimed by one of these 40% trainers and the next start win an allowance race .The biggest problen is the owners of these racetracks are turning a blind eye to whats going on They just want to fill their card .People on the backside are always wondering how these guys get away with what they do.Its not fair...I also think a lot of these guys are privy to what they can use that isnt tested.Only the big money guys get this option as the small guy just fills the races for them to win.It does need to be stopped but nobody want to be the first to step on toes.Take your vets for example,If you have a big money outfit,They cater to you.If your a small guy they could care less and thats a fact!

turninforhome10
10-13-2011, 08:31 PM
I have to agree with you.There is nothing worse then getting your horse ready for a race and when the entrees comeout seeing these guys in your races.Horses being dropped from high claiming to the bottom with everything but the kitchen sink in them.Gives no chance to a horse that is already competing at the bottom.My pet peeve is how racetracks will see a trainer winning at a 40% clip and not question it.I also dont understand how a horse can be winning for 5 k and get claimed by one of these 40% trainers and the next start win an allowance race .The biggest problen is the owners of these racetracks are turning a blind eye to whats going on They just want to fill their card .People on the backside are always wondering how these guys get away with what they do.Its not fair...I also think a lot of these guys are privy to what they can use that isnt tested.Only the big money guys get this option as the small guy just fills the races for them to win.It does need to be stopped but nobody want to be the first to step on toes.Take your vets for example,If you have a big money outfit,They cater to you.If your a small guy they could care less and thats a fact!

Why do you even train horses? Every post is the same old thing, poor little guy, works hard can't catch a break. Man, I know a lot of guys like you who love this game and do well in spite of all the robber barrons. If you don't have the stock, blaming someone else is not gonna get you anywhere. You have a job that should be performed with passion and your passion sounds like it died years ago. Just sorry that you don't see it.

Hanover1
10-13-2011, 08:51 PM
Why do you even train horses? Every post is the same old thing, poor little guy, works hard can't catch a break. Man, I know a lot of guys like you who love this game and do well in spite of all the robber barrons. If you don't have the stock, blaming someone else is not gonna get you anywhere. You have a job that should be performed with passion and your passion sounds like it died years ago. Just sorry that you don't see it.

Here we go......

proximity
10-13-2011, 09:49 PM
only at penn national do all the other trainers adore you if you're 40%...:rolleyes:

Maryland Owner
10-13-2011, 09:51 PM
only at penn national do all the other trainers adore you if you're 40%...:rolleyes:

Let's not forget PARX

proximity
10-13-2011, 09:53 PM
and of course partnership managers love you too!!:rolleyes:

proximity
10-13-2011, 09:55 PM
Let's not forget PARX

you're right!! even parx area "beyer associates":faint: like dick jerardi have a crush on jcg!!

turninforhome10
10-13-2011, 10:28 PM
Here we go......

Can I drive?:lol:

turninforhome10
10-14-2011, 02:35 AM
Seems to me that although we complain about what shape our favorite sport is in, why do we keep betting? If we would boycott all races at all tracks for one week would this send a message?
Everyone complains about smokers but what if all smokers quit, what would that do to healthcare in America. It would go broke. The taxes that are generated on tobacco pays a hefty sum for all those that don't smoke.
So with that reasoning how long would racing last without the gamblers?

CryingForTheHorses
10-14-2011, 10:32 AM

I do very well inspite of all the cheaters and I have found many horses forever homes in my 30+ years with these animals.I also know when its time to retire them rather then resort to drugging them up and watching them breakdown.I take offence at you questioning my passion as you dont know a thing about me or how I operate.Yes the little guy always gets the back of the bus.Stock has nothing to do with cheating!!..Im not blaming anybody..Where did you get that????..All Im saying is that no matter how bad my stock has been,I have never resorted to being a cheat..I would rather lose the race and sleep well at night.

cj
10-14-2011, 10:35 AM
Seems to me that although we complain about what shape our favorite sport is in, why do we keep betting? If we would boycott all races at all tracks for one week would this send a message?
Everyone complains about smokers but what if all smokers quit, what would that do to healthcare in America. It would go broke. The taxes that are generated on tobacco pays a hefty sum for all those that don't smoke.
So with that reasoning how long would racing last without the gamblers?

People clearly are not betting, at least in the numbers they were. Those that are are betting less.

Tom
10-14-2011, 11:10 AM
I am at about 10% of where I was 5 years ago.
I see no reason to ever increase that again.

proximity
10-14-2011, 12:15 PM
I do very well inspite of all the cheaters and I have found many horses forever homes in my 30+ years with these animals.I also know when its time to retire them rather then resort to drugging them up and watching them breakdown.I take offence at you questioning my passion as you dont know a thing about me or how I operate.Yes the little guy always gets the back of the bus.Stock has nothing to do with cheating!!..Im not blaming anybody..Where did you get that????..All Im saying is that no matter how bad my stock has been,I have never resorted to being a cheat..I would rather lose the race and sleep well at night.

only in the twilight zone that is the penn national backstretch is it expected that non-juicing horsemen just, in the words of bobby knight, relax and enjoy it. i don't know if it's a three mile island thing, or what it is?

your passion should not be questioned. keep fighting the good fight.

Hanover1
10-14-2011, 06:13 PM
Can I drive?:lol:

Drive on...I'm better in the back seat :cool: