PDA

View Full Version : Obama Plays the Race Card and Plays it Cowardly

boxcar
03-03-2011, 06:58 PM
He doesn't have the spine to speak these words publicly from his bully pulpit to all Americans, but chose to whine and play the "woe is poor lil' ol' me, I'm a victim" card in a book, which only the libs here and on the DU forum would buy :rolleyes: . He's playing on people's false guilt and sympathies early on in his campaign (and he is in full campaign mode!). This what he told the interviewer:

"Many middle-class and working-class whites felt aggrieved and resentful that the federal government was helping other groups, including bankers, automakers, irresponsible people who had defaulted on their mortgages, and the poor, but wasn't helping them nearly enough," he said of the Tea Party's formation. A guest at the banquet made the suggestion to Obama that the Tea Party's racial fueling can result to their disapproval of a black president, hence their motto of "taking back their country."

http://politics.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474979112529

This second link provides a broader context to his remarks:

http://nation.foxnews.com/tea-party/2011/03/02/obama-says-tea-party-racist-new-book

So, let's see if I have this right: Out of one side of his mouth, he enumerates issues with which the TP movement is unhappy; but then in the next breath neither disputed a dinner guest's opinion of TP racism, but went on to say:

He agreed that there was a "subterranean agenda" in the anti-Obama movement-a racially biased one-that was unfortunate. But he sadly conceded that there was little he could do about it.

So, in ObamaLand, if you oppose BO's policies or agenda (such as what he enumerated), you're a racist? Talk about having it both ways! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

And then to add even more insult to injury, he clearly implies that the TP types are angry with him because they're jealous. In his mind, the TP is all about greed and jealousy, when in fact all the TP folks want is for government to get out of their personal lives and cease and desist from tax and spend policies! :bang: :bang:

Boxcar

ArlJim78
03-03-2011, 09:09 PM
Taking Back America is racist when it comes from tea partiers, but quite normal when it comes from progressives like.....Barack Obama or Hillary Clinton
http://www.ontheissues.org/Take_Back_America_2006.htm

Tom
03-03-2011, 10:38 PM
Funny, the bottom feeding teachers' union is doing all the things that they accused the Tea Party of doing, but could never provide any evidence of.
and it is ok this time.

Obama is a scumbag who deserves no respect whatsoever. He has disgraced the office. He is garbage and no matter what the issue, what the event, he can never be trusted, never be supported. He is trash and needs to put at the curb.

boxcar
03-03-2011, 11:10 PM
Funny, the bottom feeding teachers' union is doing all the things that they accused the Tea Party of doing, but could never provide any evidence of.
and it is ok this time.

Obama is a scumbag who deserves no respect whatsoever. He has disgraced the office. He is garbage and no matter what the issue, what the event, he can never be trusted, never be supported. He is trash and needs to put at the curb.

Funny how he never mounts his moral high horse to lecture his fellow-libs in WI on civility, isn't it? I guess all those high-toned remarks at the AZ memorial were really aimed at conservatives.

Boxcar

rastajenk
03-04-2011, 08:10 AM
No, just to nitpick, they were aimed at his loony loyal base, about conservatives.

boxcar
03-04-2011, 11:35 AM
No, just to nitpick, they were aimed at his loony loyal base, about conservatives.

:lol: :lol: That too.

Boxcar

Hank
03-04-2011, 03:22 PM
He doesn't have the spine to speak these words publicly from his bully pulpit to all Americans, but chose to whine and play the "woe is poor lil' ol' me, I'm a victim" card in a book, which only the libs here and on the DU forum would buy :rolleyes: . He's playing on people's false guilt and sympathies early on in his campaign (and he is in full campaign mode!). This what he told the interviewer:

"Many middle-class and working-class whites felt aggrieved and resentful that the federal government was helping other groups, including bankers, automakers, irresponsible people who had defaulted on their mortgages, and the poor, but wasn't helping them nearly enough," he said of the Tea Party's formation. A guest at the banquet made the suggestion to Obama that the Tea Party's racial fueling can result to their disapproval of a black president, hence their motto of "taking back their country."

http://politics.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474979112529

This second link provides a broader context to his remarks:

http://nation.foxnews.com/tea-party/2011/03/02/obama-says-tea-party-racist-new-book

So, let's see if I have this right: Out of one side of his mouth, he enumerates issues with which the TP movement is unhappy; but then in the next breath neither disputed a dinner guest's opinion of TP racism, but went on to say:

He agreed that there was a "subterranean agenda" in the anti-Obama movement-a racially biased one-that was unfortunate. But he sadly conceded that there was little he could do about it.

So, in ObamaLand, if you oppose BO's policies or agenda (such as what he enumerated), you're a racist? Talk about having it both ways! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

And then to add even more insult to injury, he clearly implies that the TP types are angry with him because they're jealous. In his mind, the TP is all about greed and jealousy, when in fact all the TP folks want is for government to get out of their personal lives and cease and desist from tax and spend policies! :bang: :bang:

Boxcar

I've got to hand it to you Boxie,you are consistently wrong about every issue you address. Your contention that Obama made this statement because only "libs" would be privy to it, does not rise to the level of idiocy.Every canidate for national office knows full well that every word they say or print to the public domain will be parsed by political operatives for possible use against them.And ironically, you falsely accusing Obama of playing the "racecard" is much more akin to playing the 'racecard" than Obama's statement.;)

boxcar
03-04-2011, 04:55 PM
I've got to hand it to you Boxie,you are consistently wrong about every issue you address. Your contention that Obama made this statement because only "libs" would be privy to it, does not rise to the level of idiocy.Every canidate for national office knows full well that every word they say or print to the public domain will be parsed by political operatives for possible use against them.And ironically, you falsely accusing Obama of playing the "racecard" is much more akin to playing the 'racecard" than Obama's statement.;)

You don't read too swell, do you? I didn't say only libs would be privy to it. I said only libs would buy the stupid book. I'm sure by now it's made the top 100 best seller list and weighs in at 99. :rolleyes:

Read his own words. He did play the race card. Of course, he played the race card. Read what he said, agan.. Plus he's a huge fan of BLT, remember? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Of course, he sees himself as a poor victim.

Boxcar