PDA

View Full Version : Need help buying a diamond.

Zippy Chippy
03-03-2011, 11:58 AM
Figure since PA users seem to know everything, maybe someone can help me.

Does anyone in here know anything about diamonds? My girlfriend wants a blue diamond. Guess they are cheaper than a regular diamond. Nothing fancy, not looking to spend a ton. We are simple and she is not high maintenance, and will be happy with anything i get. I went to a couple jewelers building and don't want to get taken to the cleaners. You can post or PM me . Thanks in advance.

I've googled and gone to many sites to research but not having too much luck.

cj's dad
03-03-2011, 12:16 PM
Google this:

wholesale jewelers in (your city or town)

Do NOT deal with a retail jeweler.

Zippy Chippy
03-03-2011, 12:18 PM
Google this:

wholesale jewelers in (your city or town)

Do NOT deal with a retail jeweler.

ok thanks. Ya i would never go to Discenza Jewelers or something like that. I dont want to screw this up, she deserves something nice.

Native Texan III
03-03-2011, 01:25 PM
White diamonds cost far less.

Fancy colored diamonds such as blue are extremely rare, and thus, are very popular with move stars etc[/url]. Unlike white which still exist in nature in large quantities, fancy color diamonds constitute less than 1% of the quantity of rough diamonds manufactured globally, every year, and this quantity is steadily shrinking.

When it appears as a single color, the price of the diamond will be considerably more expensive than a diamond with a secondary hue - for example, fancy Brownish Greenish Yellow, fancy Orangy Pink, or fancy Grayish Blue.

The intensity grading system for fancy color diamonds differs than that of white diamonds. Unlike white diamonds, which range from the letter D-Z, fancy color diamonds are graded by Light, Fancy Light, Fancy, Fancy Intense, Fancy Deep , Fancy Dark, and Fancy Vivid. The stronger the color - the higher the price.

Hatton Gardens, London is the center where you will get best value.

[url]http://www.approveddiamonds.com/ (http://www.fancydiamonds.net/diamond_education/articles/fancy_diamonds_at_the_2007_oscars.htm)

Saratoga_Mike
03-03-2011, 02:38 PM
Ck out bluenile.com. They sell at wholesale prices. It's a completely legit outfit.

ArlJim78
03-03-2011, 03:41 PM
reminded me of the Ron White joke. Referencing the deBeers commercial.

Their new slogan now is "Diamonds: Render her speechless."

Why don't they just go ahead and say it? "Diamonds: That'll shut her up... for a minute."

RaceBookJoe
03-03-2011, 03:49 PM
reminded me of the Ron White joke. Referencing the deBeers commercial.

Their new slogan now is "Diamonds: Render her speechless."

Why don't they just go ahead and say it? "Diamonds: That'll shut her up... for a minute."

Or that other saying : For her bd, my wife asked me to get her something with diamonds in it....so i got her a deck of cards :)

Bettowin
03-03-2011, 04:15 PM
cubic zirconia until there is a solid commitment:)

tribecaagent
03-03-2011, 06:45 PM
I'm in the wholesale diamond business in Manhattan.
I can certainly help you. Just send a PM.