PDA

View Full Version : Deshwan Parker

lamboguy
03-03-2011, 09:23 AM
i noticed that he rode the mountain on tuesday night and showed up for tampa yesterday.

Deshawn was the leading rider in the world last year. i personally think he can ride. he is a very good turf rider. for him to go back and forth means that he must have some pretty live mounts in tampa. he has been working there about 3 months already and i suspect he will be getting plenty of frequent flyer miles for the next 2 months. yesterday he rode a $20 horse to beat me. but i like him so it didn't hurt so much!

mistergee
03-03-2011, 09:27 AM
he is not winning at Tam the way he does at Mnr. But he doesnt get the mounts at Tam he does at Mnr. I agree though he is good and I like to include him in my plays if I see the horse has a prayer at a price

The_Knight_Sky
03-03-2011, 09:36 AM
he is not winning at Tam the way he does at Mnr.

That's exactly what happened to Dana Whitney when he to California.

I wonder if there is a correlation? ;)

MaTH716
03-03-2011, 09:44 AM
Maybe he's just looking for some exposure with thoughts of eventually moving his tack away from the Mountain. Get some commitments at Tampa from some trainers who ship up north in the spring/summer. Eventually following the path of guys like Coa, Lezcano and even Centeno to an extent who rode at say Monmouth for a couple of seasons and then made their way on to the NYRA circuit.

lamboguy
03-03-2011, 09:45 AM
he is not winning at Tam the way he does at Mnr. But he doesnt get the mounts at Tam he does at Mnr. I agree though he is good and I like to include him in my plays if I see the horse has a prayer at a pricethis kid works very hard, he gets on plenty of horses in the morning. the tampa meet is a tough one, you have kentucky trainers, new jersey trainers, florida trainers, and chicago trainers. he is from the mountain and this is his first year here. its not that easy to bust into that place. but he is working hard, and instead of taking the easy route he is traveling.

i just wanted to point out that he has is more than likely on a few live mounts coming down the pike.

5k-claim
03-03-2011, 10:25 AM
That's exactly what happened to Dana Whitney when he to California.

I wonder if there is a correlation? ;)Like what, specifically?

The_Knight_Sky
03-03-2011, 11:29 AM
Like what, specifically?

Both episodes underscore the importance of the jockey agent's ability
to procure live mounts from the horsemen.

Santa Anita and Tampa Bay racing is obviously worlds removed from
Mountaineer racing.

That is not to say Mr. Parker and Mr. Whitney aren't decent jockeys.
They're capable but both jocks successes have come when they've
had a high volume of support from the WVA-Penn based horsemen.

Robert Fischer
03-03-2011, 11:52 AM
who? :confused:

craigbraddick
03-03-2011, 12:37 PM
Deshawn is my favorite jockey. Just sayin...

Craig

Greyfox
03-03-2011, 12:46 PM
He's an excellent rider. Give him "live mounts" at Tampa and he'll win. Give him mounts that are average contenders and he'll get more out of them than most other jocks.

5k-claim
03-03-2011, 01:34 PM
Deshawn won 3 of 8 at MNR on the 1st, and then won 2 of 3 at TAM the next day on the 2nd.

He is easily one of my favorite riders, and it is always a pleasure to get him on a horse shipping to MNR. First class.

JBmadera
03-03-2011, 02:09 PM
Deshawn is my favorite jockey. Just sayin...

Craig

I thought Ryan Moore was your favorite jock?