PDA

View Full Version : Yes, you can be good to horsemen and to bettors!!

banacek
02-28-2011, 10:13 PM
Over the past few years my local track, Hastings Park has increased the WPS takeout from 15.8% to 17.3% to my dismay. But here is a little bit of the press release from today.

Hastings Racecourse Announces Increased Purses and Reduced Take-Outs for 2011 Thoroughbred Race Season

"Vancouver, B.C. (March 1, 2011) – The 2011 thoroughbred racing season at Hastings Racecourse & Slots launches on Saturday, April 16 with exciting changes in store for the 71-day meet.

Overnight purses are increasing by 19% and stakes horses will compete for 23% more with the retooled 41-race stakes schedule. An unprecedented 15 per cent takeout for followers of Hastings racing; resulting in increased payoffs for Win, Place and Show wagering. Added to the lower WPS takeouts are the Pick 4 Wager and the newly added Pick 5 Wager which will be a jackpot-type bet. Both will feature a low 15% takeout."

That may be the lowest WPS takeout in North America. I certainly will be substantially increasing my wagering at Hastings as a result.

Horseplayersbet.com
03-01-2011, 12:20 AM
This is fantastic news. They are even using my Pick 5 Jackpot idea I floated around a year ago or so. Coincidence that they thought of it too :)

beertapper
03-01-2011, 01:00 AM
they did have a pick 6 at one time, which got alot of attention with carryovers..

how did your pick 5 jackpot build ? is it similar to the rainbow 6 ?

Horseplayersbet.com
03-01-2011, 01:04 AM
they did have a pick 6 at one time, which got alot of attention with carryovers..

how did your pick 5 jackpot build ? is it similar to the rainbow 6 ?
Yes. The details were not announced, but I assume it will be just like it. I also believe they will have to use a $1 minimum, not a quarter like Beulah or 50 cents like GP because they would probably want US bettors to feed the pools as well (this is why it had to be a pick 5 and not a pick 6). US based bettors wouldn't be able to make a fractional wager on a Canadian track (bad rule, but that is the way it is, same as with Canadians betting at a Canadian track or ADW on US racing).

Kevroc
03-01-2011, 03:26 AM
I used to like the $1 Woodbine pick seven.

A few years ago it carried for like a week or so and I was 6 for 6 and alive to the entire pool with two horses.. my jaw dropped when I saw the will pays at $100,000 for my selections and 6of7 for all the others...

One of my horses had the lead but, was weary and got passed 1/16th out... :mad:

But, it was a fun sweat! :cool:

Fastracehorse
03-01-2011, 04:59 AM
Over the past few years my local track, Hastings Park has increased the WPS takeout from 15.8% to 17.3% to my dismay. But here is a little bit of the press release from today.

Hastings Racecourse Announces Increased Purses and Reduced Take-Outs for 2011 Thoroughbred Race Season

"Vancouver, B.C. (March 1, 2011) – The 2011 thoroughbred racing season at Hastings Racecourse & Slots launches on Saturday, April 16 with exciting changes in store for the 71-day meet.

Overnight purses are increasing by 19% and stakes horses will compete for 23% more with the retooled 41-race stakes schedule. An unprecedented 15 per cent takeout for followers of Hastings racing; resulting in increased payoffs for Win, Place and Show wagering. Added to the lower WPS takeouts are the Pick 4 Wager and the newly added Pick 5 Wager which will be a jackpot-type bet. Both will feature a low 15% takeout."

That may be the lowest WPS takeout in North America. I certainly will be substantially increasing my wagering at Hastings as a result.

Love Hastings!

fffastt