PDA

View Full Version : Formulator Files

JimG
10-16-2003, 08:26 PM
With all the software programs using TSN, BRIS, HDW, or Trackmaster files, I wonder why no programs (that I know of) use Formulator file output from the daily racing form (which would include the actual Beyer figs)?

I'm surprised daily racing form has not contracted with some software vendors. Any thoughts on this?

Jim

Zaf
10-16-2003, 08:29 PM
They probably do not want the Beyer figures to be over exposed :D

ZAFONIC

cj
10-16-2003, 08:30 PM
I personally use the Formulator files for my programs. They are very easy to work with and the documentation is good. Quality control was lacking for a while, but it is usually pretty good.

SAL
10-16-2003, 09:17 PM
Fast Fred Pro is the only program that I know of that uses Formulator files. I'm also surprised that more programs aren't compatible with them, especially since they contain lifetime PP's. Imagine using a paceline 22 races back!!

dreamscape
10-25-2003, 05:08 AM
we have developed a Excel Spreadsheet program that receives exported formulator files and then automatically calculates, defines, sorts and charts different aspects of each race automatically. The program is inserted into all versions of EXCEL, as an ADD-IN, using any current window operating system. The program utilizes all visible data in the formulator program but then creates new categories such as class, power, performance, data recency, SCW #, etc.... Everything is push button and automatic with no labor required. The name of my program is THOROPREDICTOR. Let me know if you are interested in more info and how to cummunicate with you and i will tell you more...

Rferguson
10-28-2003, 11:00 AM
i emailed got no answer