PDA

View Full Version : Night School Mondays at 8:30p ET

JeremyPlonk
02-28-2011, 03:43 PM
I want to welcome everyone at Pace Advantage to attend our weekly Night School fan education seminars. Not here to promote, but rather invite constructive reaction in this big, industry-wide endeavor.

You can attend Night School at many of the industry's top websites.

Joe Kristufek and I are trying to do our part to expand the fan base, and if you'd like to point your friends toward Night School, it may take some stress of your back and grow the game we love. That's a daily double for sure.

Night School
Monday, 8:30-10 pm eastern now through Dec. 19.

Thank you all and I appreciate any and all feedback.

Jeremy Plonk

Striker
02-28-2011, 04:51 PM
Thanks for taking the initiative to do this.

DJofSD
02-28-2011, 04:53 PM
As a guess, I don't think Mike would mind if there were some specific URLs provided.

point given
03-07-2011, 06:49 PM
on the monday night night school class on Pace Handicapping.

http://www.horseplayernow.com/cat/school.htm

GatetoWire
03-07-2011, 10:17 PM
I want to welcome everyone at Pace Advantage to attend our weekly Night School fan education seminars. Not here to promote, but rather invite constructive reaction in this big, industry-wide endeavor.

You can attend Night School at many of the industry's top websites.

Joe Kristufek and I are trying to do our part to expand the fan base, and if you'd like to point your friends toward Night School, it may take some stress of your back and grow the game we love. That's a daily double for sure.

Night School
Monday, 8:30-10 pm eastern now through Dec. 19.

Thank you all and I appreciate any and all feedback.

Jeremy Plonk

Jeremy:
I sat in on night school tonight and enjoyed the discussion.

I do wish that you and Joe would have let Randy Moss take more of a lead role in answering. Joe in particular types non stop during the show and it's really hard to get a word in.

Having access to Randy and then not really giving him a chance to answer a lot of the questions was very frustrating. I wanted to hear what Randy thought about some of these pace topics......not what Randy thought in between 6 posts from Joe!!!!
If you are going to have a guest....let him answer!!!

point given
03-07-2011, 10:29 PM
Jeremy:
I sat in on night school tonight and enjoyed the discussion.

I do wish that you and Joe would have let Randy Moss take more of a lead role in answering. Joe in particular types non stop during the show and it's really hard to get a word in.

Having access to Randy and then not really giving him a chance to answer a lot of the questions was very frustrating. I wanted to hear what Randy thought about some of these pace topics......not what Randy thought in between 6 posts from Joe!!!!
If you are going to have a guest....let him answer!!!

I agree with your comment about featuring a guest and not giving him more of the floor. Also , the Jump Ball segment veers off into nothingness, it should stay on topic and not be a free for all

mountainman
03-09-2011, 11:29 AM
Love the concept. Plugged you on air.

JeremyPlonk
03-09-2011, 01:49 PM
All guests in Night School are free to expound on the topic as much as they wish; we certainly encourage them to elaborate as much as they can. Randy inputted what he desired and we are thankful to have him as a good friend and trusted colleague.

One of the things we're learning as we go is that with multiple guests (all at different locations working from home offices, on the road, etc.) is that we don't always know when someone is done weighing in. It's an inexact feel that we're developing and working on ways to communicate with eachother internally while not slowing down the pace of the presentation. Hopefully we'll connect all the dots in the coming weeks.

I hope all of the feedback we get only makes this player-focused initiative even better. That's the goal. Thanks to the more than 6,000 people who have taken part so far in 3 weeks.

GatetoWire
03-10-2011, 12:31 AM
All guests in Night School are free to expound on the topic as much as they wish; we certainly encourage them to elaborate as much as they can. Randy inputted what he desired and we are thankful to have him as a good friend and trusted colleague.

One of the things we're learning as we go is that with multiple guests (all at different locations working from home offices, on the road, etc.) is that we don't always know when someone is done weighing in. It's an inexact feel that we're developing and working on ways to communicate with eachother internally while not slowing down the pace of the presentation. Hopefully we'll connect all the dots in the coming weeks.

I hope all of the feedback we get only makes this player-focused initiative even better. That's the goal. Thanks to the more than 6,000 people who have taken part so far in 3 weeks.

Jeremy:

I understand the limits to the technology but I think the forum would be much smoother if Joe just posts a little less. He was on fire this week with constant rapid fire posts.
His posts contained quality info but the topic was pace handicapping and I felt that his rapid fire posts prevented Randy Moss from really getting involved.
Randy is an expert on Pace Handicapping and we missed an opportunity to hear all of Randy's ideas because Joe was too involved.

Tell him next week to have only 1 expresso instead of 3 and the discussion will be much smoother and valuable :-)