PDA

View Full Version : Parx Race 2 Feb. 28

Onion Monster
02-27-2011, 06:34 PM
The :6:, Parade Lap, is the 5-2 second choice in the second race tomorrow. Why?

The 3 year old colt is ranked dead last in Bris Prime Power. Sure he finished third in his last race but that was in a 3 horse field. Before that he was 26-1 at this same level and was a badly beaten 4th in a 6 horse field. The mediocre connections (Roman and Hampshire) haven't changed. I don't get it. It's not a misprint because the odds add up right (125 points).

For any of you double players, there may be some value in the double with some players just paying attention to the ML for their second race selections.

mistergee
02-27-2011, 07:01 PM
the oddsmaker could possibly be drunk, the only thing I could say for him is he is turning back in distance, I believe he will go off no where near 5/2

thaskalos
02-27-2011, 07:45 PM
the oddsmaker could possibly be drunk, the only thing I could say for him is he is turning back in distance, I believe he will go off no where near 5/2IMO, the guys calculating the Bris Prime Power Ratings are even more drunk, for assigning their lowest rating to Parade Lap in this race.

There are at least 3 horses in this field of 7, who are even worse than Parade Lap is...

exiles
02-28-2011, 01:37 AM
the oddsmaker could possibly be drunk, the only thing I could say for him is he is turning back in distance, I believe he will go off no where near 5/2

Most of the morning line makers at your smallest tracks also have other duties , like man the concession stand, cook, attend to the rest rooms and ETC, that is why you see so many discrepancies

the little guy
02-28-2011, 09:27 AM
The :6:, Parade Lap, is the 5-2 second choice in the second race tomorrow. Why?

The 3 year old colt is ranked dead last in Bris Prime Power. Sure he finished third in his last race but that was in a 3 horse field. Before that he was 26-1 at this same level and was a badly beaten 4th in a 6 horse field. The mediocre connections (Roman and Hampshire) haven't changed. I don't get it. It's not a misprint because the odds add up right (125 points).

For any of you double players, there may be some value in the double with some players just paying attention to the ML for their second race selections.

I had to look at the Parx card today and that ML stuck out like a sore thumb to me as well.

ArlJim78
02-28-2011, 10:22 AM
I've got the 6 horse ranked sixth of the seven at 21:1 on my line.

Pell Mell
02-28-2011, 02:23 PM
14/1 and last all the way.