PDA

View Full Version : Olbermann has a blog now

JustRalph
02-27-2011, 01:13 AM
While he sits around the house trying to figure out new ways to siphon money out of Al Gore he penned a post related to the union crap in Wi

Here is his first rambling........

http://foknewschannel.com/wisconsin-and-the-union/#more-5

Tom
02-27-2011, 09:57 AM
Meet the FOKers!

rastajenk
02-27-2011, 10:18 AM
That guy has a serious problem; as do all those doting comment contributors. In fact, I had a lengthy moment where I doubted its legitimacy. I thought, this is surely someone's satiric play on the Olbermann style, so over the top it is. Sadly, I guess, it's real. FOK News? Seriously? Get some help, Keith, and all your stupid FOKs, too.

Capper Al
02-27-2011, 10:51 AM
While he sits around the house trying to figure out new ways to siphon money out of Al Gore he penned a post related to the union crap in Wi

Here is his first rambling........

http://foknewschannel.com/wisconsin-and-the-union/#more-5

You stir left. Do you stir right?

Valuist
02-27-2011, 11:56 AM
Olbermann is FOK'd up

Tom
02-27-2011, 02:38 PM
And it appears he is OK with FOKing the voters in Wisconsin...typical lib airhead. Supports the elite few over the majority of hard working Americans by denying them due process of law. Nazis did this in the 30's, too. And the Commies. and Khadafy. Funny how the let always comes down on that side.

mostpost
02-27-2011, 08:25 PM
And it appears he is OK with FOKing the voters in Wisconsin...typical lib airhead. Supports the elite few over the majority of hard working Americans by denying them due process of law. Nazis did this in the 30's, too. And the Commies. and Khadafy. Funny how the let always comes down on that side.
What the hell are you talking about? Who are the elite few? Who is being denied due process of law? Do you even know what due process is? Do you know anything?

FantasticDan
02-27-2011, 08:37 PM
What the hell are you talking about? Who are the elite few? Who is being denied due process of law? Do you even know what due process is? Do you know anything?

http://www.originsrecovery.com/blogs/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/alcoholism1.jpg

cj's dad
02-27-2011, 09:08 PM
When you on the left defend KO, you are admitting what fools you are. He is a fool at the highest level. Defend away!!:lol:

And BTW, another fantastic post by "Fantastic Dan" - telling that his posts here in OT are as ill informed as those in other forums.

bigmack
02-27-2011, 09:11 PM
Speaking of Keith - Maddow who was once again caught s t r e t c h i n g the truth, pulled an hcap & accused her critics as being HOMOphobes.

That's a fear of homo's. Can ya say homo's :confused:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/madcow.png

JustRalph
02-27-2011, 09:19 PM

Tom makes an excellent point. The Senators have run off and stopped the process of lawmaking. That is stopping the due process of law.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Due_process

The harm is being inflicted on those who duly elected the Repubs who are voting to change the law. It is a very apt and appropriate observation to make.

Tom
02-27-2011, 10:37 PM
Do you know anything?

Alas, yes, I do, but my conundrum is that I could never explain it to you.

mostpost
02-28-2011, 12:55 AM
Alas, yes, I do, but my conundrum is that I could never explain it to you.
I agree it would be difficult to impossible to explain your beliefs to me. How do you explain how collecting less taxes causes more revenue. How do you explain how allowing companies to pollute the air and water is beneficial to nature. How do you explain how public employees and school teachers (which earn on average less than 100K) are a danger to democracy, but corporations which earn billions are not. How do you explain that it is bad for unions to take money from members to support democrats, but it is okay for corporations to take money from customers and send it to Republican candidates. I don't want BP to send my money to Republicans. Why can't I get a 10 cent a gallon discount.

How do you explain that when banks provide a service but produce nothing tangible that is a good thing, but when public employees provide a service and produce nothing tangible that is a bad thing. How do you explain how GW Bush was a hero for starting an unnecessary war with Iraq, while Obama is a villain for continuing Bush's drone attacks. And do not give me that crap about hypocrisy.

How do you explain the fact that you insist that unions do nothing for their membership, then turn around and claim that the public sector has better salary and benefits than the private sector because workers in the public sector are twice as likely to be unionized as those in the private sector.

bigmack
02-28-2011, 01:20 AM
How do you explain that it is bad for unions to take money from members to support democrats, but it is okay for corporations to take money from customers and send it to Republican candidates. I don't want BP to send my money to Republicans. Why can't I get a 10 cent a gallon discount.
Not only do you REALLY need to bone-up on the difference between the private/public sector you continue to make an assumption about Corp $ going to Rep's. Remember my little chart? You never responded. Back up this evidence that the evile Corps only contribute to the Red team while any 5th grader can easily tell you union contributions to the Blue team are in excess of 95%.

How do you explain any of that?

BP sending your money. :lol:

dav4463
02-28-2011, 01:36 AM
Collecting less taxes will provide more revenue.

Lower taxes = more money in private sector

More money in private sector = more spending by the people

More spending by the people = new and expanding businesses which means more jobs

More jobs = More taxpayers

More taxpayers = More revenue for the government

mostpost
02-28-2011, 02:50 AM

1. Lower taxes = more money in private sector

2. More money in private sector = more spending by the people

3. More spending by the people = new and expanding businesses which means more jobs

4. More jobs = More taxpayers

5. More taxpayers = More revenue for the government

I've taken the liberty to add numbers to your points.

1. True.

2. The question is what do they do with that money? If you are a consumer and out of a job or fear losing your job, you will be very cautious with that money. Chances are most of it will go into the bank. If you are a business, you are not going to expand and hire new employees until they start buying.

3. 2 is not true therefore 3 cannot be true.

4. We have already established that is false.

5. A look at revenue numbers show that they do indeed go up after a tax cut. They also go up when tax rates stay the same. And guess what? They go up after tax rates are increased. The fact is revenues go up the least when taxes are cut. This only makes sense. Let's say that our economy is $1000 a year. Tax rate is 39.6% which is what it was during the Clinton years. Revenue would be $396. Taxes are cut to 28% (Ala GWB). In order to maintain revenues at $396, the economy would have to grow to $1414; an increase of 41.1%. That does not happen.

In 1982 the tax rate was cut from 69% to 50%. In the five years from 1982 through 1986 revenues increased 28%. In 1993 taxes were raised from 31% t0 39.6%. In the four years from 1993 through 1997 revenues went up 44%
Look it up yourself.

Capper Al
02-28-2011, 07:25 AM

Lower taxes = more money in private sector

More money in private sector = more spending by the people

More spending by the people = new and expanding businesses which means more jobs

More jobs = More taxpayers

More taxpayers = More revenue for the government

It's not so easy. It's all a matter of timing. At the moment, we have a circulation problem. We need to get jobs to the unemployed. Their income is going to China and other poverty ridden countries. Most of the money created by tax cuts will leave the US and go to these countries. The only way the bottom tier of our society can compete with poverty ridden countries is to live like a poverty ridden country and work for something like a dollar a day. Is this what you want for America? And how long will it take for this poverty to take hold and to work its way up to the middle class? It already has started with out-sourcing of middle class jobs like call centers and Information Technology jobs going overseas.

dav4463
02-28-2011, 05:05 PM
People will be cautious at first, but I guarantee that if there is more money in the private sector, people will spend it. It's human nature. Eventually it will work out. Lower taxes is the way to go in the long run.