PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts after the Fountain of Youth Stakes

Chris G
02-26-2011, 09:55 PM
So now that they ran the Fountain of Youth, what are your thoughts on the competitors.

Even though Bill Mott said he wouldn't have To Honor and Serve cranked 100%, after the race he sounded a bit disappointed in his performance. I thought he ran alright if he's not supposed to be ready. It seemed like he made his move early and didn't have it. I think he deserves another shot at 9f; maybe the Wood.

Is 9f the best we'll get of Gourmet Dinner this year or do you think he'll go longer?

Marlin
02-26-2011, 10:01 PM
So now that they ran the Fountain of Youth, what are your thoughts on the competitors.

Even though Bill Mott said he wouldn't have To Honor and Serve cranked 100%, after the race he sounded a bit disappointed in his performance. I thought he ran alright if he's not supposed to be ready. It seemed like he made his move early and didn't have it. I think he deserves another shot at 9f; maybe the Wood.

Is 9f the best we'll get of Gourmet Dinner this year or do you think he'll go longer?They have done a great job with Gourmet Dinner. He will not go longer. To Honor and Serve isn't a factor. Soldat has every chance. Everybody else isn't going anywhere right now.

redshift1
02-26-2011, 10:33 PM
Soldat very impressive, not much of a surprise, what was a surprise was To Honor And Serve a big disappointment IMO losing ground in the stretch in a the slowest FOY since the distance was upped to 1 1/8 miles.

Casper's Touch rank again no surprise either.

Bowman's Causeway was ok but hard to make much impact with the slow pace.

Gourmet Dinner Nice effort as usual but distance limitations.

I don't think the Derby Winner raced today.

Most of the dirt races were won on or near the lead, will probably not happen in the Kentucky derby.

toussaud
02-26-2011, 10:39 PM
The only thing about solddat is I don't know if he is a need the lead type, and I assure you, he won't have the lead in the derby if certain horses partake in it.

But he has talent. I always thought THAS was a pretender so I was not surprised. I am surprised at how well SD handled a fast track though.

would not be suprised of bowman's causeways moved up a little. he had a tad bit of trouble in that race and was running late.

Chris G
02-26-2011, 11:27 PM

would not be suprised of bowman's causeways moved up a little. he had a tad bit of trouble in that race and was running late.

But when I was watching the race, I actually expected BC to pass THAS. He looked like he was making a move & then THAS held on.