PDA

View Full Version : Freehold Picks: Fri., Feb. 25

Teach
02-25-2011, 12:32 PM
Race 1:

#4 OLIVIA LOVELY: "Isn't She Lovely?" (Stevie Wonder) and well-bred, too: Panderosa and Jenna's Beach Boy. Won last two. Her last, impressive (1:57.2). Handles wet track. "Smitty". Green carpet?

#2 CREDIBLE BLU: "Eric The Red". 1:50.4 on the Paterson Plank Rd. in East Rutherford, last year! Solid winning %. Finished third last time in this company. Appears to handle off-going.

#1 DARKO: "Cat Man". In-the-money ("We've got an awful lot of what it takes to get along": Gold Diggers of 1933) : three out of last four. Caveat: on shelf over three weeks. Seems to like wet tracks.

#6 TOTALLY PRICELESS: Might be able to overcome "outside" post. Jack Baggitt, Jr.'s a plus. Won his last. Two-out-of-three on the tote on an off-track.

Race 2:

#2 BENGALI: Ignore last (tough overland trip). Veteran trotter with nearly 350K in lifetime earnings. Might do it on memory. Good record on off track. Inside post. Should close.

#6 CIVIL CAUSE: Has faced better. Early speed. May vie for top. Will need to clear or find a tuck to be competitive.

#7 ENS GLIDING CONDOR: Has hit hit the board in seven of nine recent starts. Very sharp. Consistent. Will need to overcome "outside" post. Jack Baggitt, Jr.'s a plus.

#4 BANDINI: Jeff Gregory's a plus with trotters (one of the best). Must continue to do the "fox-trot" and avoid "the break-dance". Has been second in all three races on a wet surface.

Race 3:

#2 LARISSA: I don't usually pick a horse with a provisional driver, but I think the son (I assume the son) of Mark Lancaster (I saw him drive at the old Foxboro Raceway) can prevail. Two wins in last five outings.

#1 FAIRWAY TO PLAY: The horse draws "the pegs" and retains the services of Jeff Gregory (a fortuitous combo). Has hit tote in last two. One-for-three on a wet surface.

#4 BADCREDITNOPROBLEM: Retains services of one of better drivers at Freehold, Jack Baggit, Jr. Second in last in this company. Might be able to complete exotic.

#8 JIMMY GET LOST: Handles "off" surface well. Andy Miller's a big plus. Tough outside starting slot. If anyone can overcome, "Orange Crush" can. Will need trip. Top reinsman.

Race 4:

#6 FLYING MOCHA: Gets Andy Miller back in bike. The horse has faced better at Pocono and The Big M. Might just wake up with one of best pilots in North America.

#1 MONET'S LILY. It get the impression this horse has a better-than-average chance of hitting the tote from her pylons starting slot. Finished third last time in this company. Jack Baggitt Jr.'s a plus.

#3 THE SWEET DION: He's faced better at Yonkers and Chester. Not much to show for his efforts; yet, he might wake up in this company under the tutelage of Mark Lewis.

#4 STAROFTHESEA DEVIE: He finished third against slightly weaker in recent effort. Has hit board in three of last four. Appears to handle wet track conditions. May get part in gimmicks.

#2 JENNY'S TUNE: Made a decent closing move in her last. Lightly raced 8-year-old Card Shark-bred mare. Might pick up pieces in super?

Race 5:

#6 MUGSHOT JESS: One for two on wet surface. Jim Marshall III handles trotters very well. On his best, he can take it all. Value play. On the tote in six of last seven.

#7 HONOR THE CASH: Ignore last (they had an APB out for him); he finished last as the chalk. (I believe they found him in Carlstadt). However, new day. New pilot. Change of scenery. Excellent wet-track record. "The engine"?

#8 CREDIT LIMIT: Mark Lancaster might just be able to close from his outside post to garner a minor award. Certainly merits consideration in your gimmicks. Might add value.

#1 MR GO: Draws "the pegs" and retains services of the up-and-coming Harry "The Falcon" Landy. Ignore last, The inside should help. Has faced better in the past. Seven for 13 lifetime on "off" track.

Race 6:

#1 ANNIE RUSS: Gonna try and spring the upset. This horse loves an "off" surface. Has won two of her last three. Can possibly add value to your exotics?

#4 B J'S SKYE: Looks like the logical. Likely chalk. "The Pandy Man". A most impressive time in winning against slightly weaker, last time. Can't be ignored.

#5 JILSANDER N: This horse loves the off-going (8 out of 9, in the money, on off track). Certainly usable. Should not be overlooked.

#8 BRIGHT TUNE: Another horse who loves muddy conditions. Despite extreme outside starting post, this horse might surprise and add value to your ticket. Worth a look. "Cat" helps.

Race 7:

#7 YOU'RE NEXT: The Mainer ("The Way Life Should Be," Ayuh!), recently reported to have been seen in the Catskills, Jason Bartlett, makes an appearance at Freehold ("One And Done?). This horse loves - I means "loves" - the "off" going.

#8 SUMMERTIME YANKEE: He's faced much better at both Yonkers and The Meadowlands. May be able to overcome outside post in this assigned-post race. This mare bring back-class to the table. Handles sloppy conditions.

#6 DALABAR MAN: Has hit the board in six of last seven tries. Most consistent. Certainly capable of completing gimmick. Seven of eleven, lifetime, in money, on wet surface.

#3 VIVA LAS LINDY: 4-year-old Angus Hall-bred mare. Has faced much better. Competed in Matron Stakes at Dover Downs (finished next-to-last, tough trip). A factor here. Caveat: Has been off a few weeks. If ready?

Race 8:

#3 P L CONJURE: Impressive qualifier. Looks solid. Yet...has been campaigning on wider ovals in recent pari-mutuel races. Must avoid "dancing". If horse stays flat, should take all the enchiladas.

#1 RISK SEEKER: The horse had a recent, decent qualifier. Jim Marshall III handles trotters well. "The pegs" help. Three thirds in nine lifetime tries in the wet going. Worthy of consideration.

#7 SWIFT KID: Jim Pantaleano back in the bike. Much will depend on what "The Pandy Man" does at the start. If he leaves, it enhances his chances...of hitting tote. Skillful reinsman. shouldn't be ignored.

#6 STRIKING LAVEC: Andy Ray in the sulky. The horse did little in recent trips at "The Old Hilltop". However, back in "warmer climes," he may be able to hit the tote and add value to a gimmick.

Race 9:

#2 BEYOND PERFECTION: Looking for value "in all the right places". Very good wet-track record (one win, five seconds in nine tries, lifetime). The horse fits. Needs solid handling.

#6 FIRST TOOTH: This Big Towner-bred mare turned in a "monster" race...I mean "monster" race, last time. Was it "the perfect trip" (56.4 to the half is mighty speedy for horses of that calibre) Yet, as Stubby Kaye sang in: "Fugue For Tinhorns": "Can do!"

#1 JM GIG E MOAN: Draws "the pegs". Fits. "THe Harvard Man," Pat Berry is most capable. Two for three in the money, lifetime, for this lightly raced Big Towner-bred mare.

#7 WHAMBAM N: Could do little at "The Big M" in a recent try. Now returns to Park Ave. where she last finshed third in a grinding, overland trip. This horse has faced better; capable of completing gimmick.

Race 10:

#3 POINTE OF HONOUR: Looks like the deserved, prohibitive fave. Not much value. 2nd time Lasix. Yet, this likely odds-on trotter has "broken" on three occasions in nine pari-mutuel races. One in three. I repeat: One in three. I don't want to be looking at the glass of water "as half-empty," but... Caveat emptor!
#2 BUSTIN STONES:Has hit tote in all three of his recent starts. "Smitty's" a plus. Fits in this company. Has faced better in Delaware. Needs trip. Should be there. Two for five, lifetime, wet surface.

#5 JEANIE MARIE. I'm looking for value. Decent qualifier. Must stay flat: concern. If she minds her P's and Q's, she might just hit the tote?

#4:MARION MERLOT: Finished second in this kind of company in last. Should not be ignored. Might surprise. Should clopse. Add value? Handles wet surface.

Race 11:

#8 HURRICANE TINIA: I'm shooting for value in the Freehold finale. Yes, the horse has the extreme outside post; yet, this horse can close. Five for eight, lifetime, on wet sutfaces. Can she light up the tote board?

#1 CAMSAMERICAN GIRL; She ran in three-year-old stakes competition, last year. Very well-bred mare. Draws "pegs". Good qualifiers in the Catskills. Jim Pantaleano. Ready?

#5 HOT LIST: Chris Ryder owns, trains and drives this well-bred filly. She's handled the wet going on two previous occasions. Tough post, last time. Now, moves in to mid-pack. A factor.

#4 KINGS VIOLET E: Had eight-hole last time, finished fourth. Now, gets post-position relief. Tends to run evenly; can close for part.

#3 DANCE TO THE MUSIC. Had decent qualifier at Dover Downs. Faced better at Harrington with little success. Only two wins in 70 tries, lifetime. Might just pick up pieces in super.