PDA

View Full Version : No longer at Arapahoe Park.

craigbraddick
02-24-2011, 08:41 PM
Hi People:

Have to announce I am no longer the Announcer at ARP. I leave on good terms and will miss everyone there.

I am now the new Announcer at Yavapai Downs and am really looking forward to the 56 day meet in Northern Arizona and I hope to meet some of you there and make new friends!

Many thanks for your support,

Craig

Helles
02-24-2011, 08:50 PM
That's certainly a step up Craig. Congratulations. Denver will miss you.

Beachbabe
02-24-2011, 08:55 PM
Best of luck. :ThmbUp:

Peter Berry
02-24-2011, 08:58 PM
What did you do with Greg Wry?

craigbraddick
02-24-2011, 09:10 PM
Sorry, guys. I know Greg Wry is a great personality and caller. All I know is he left last year and I am happy to be going there this year!

Craig

DeanT
02-24-2011, 09:20 PM
Congrats on the new gig Craig!

Peter Berry
02-24-2011, 09:26 PM
Downes two years.
Berry two years.
Braddick two years.

The Arapahoe tradition continues.

QuarterRACER
02-24-2011, 09:35 PM
missed you this year at the louisiana downs quarterhorse meet. as primarily a quarterhorse player i played the whole L A D meet daily. enjoyed your personality especially when you would pick out an on track fan by saying the guy in the blue plaid shirt and so forth... you don't here announcers that acknowledge the fans in that way,i think that is that is a positive thing. i see micheal chamberlain has posted on the website, would add that as a almost exclusive internet player that sam houston isn't the same without him.. i've had some great luck overall at houston overall thus i have pleasant thoughts about the track and i guess that sorta makes like the announcer too. keep posting we enjoy you're thoughts,again its just nice that someone of importance doesn't mind jabbering with the common everyday horse player. GOOD LUCK WITH THE NEW JOB

craigbraddick
02-24-2011, 09:41 PM
missed you this year at the louisiana downs quarterhorse meet. as primarily a quarterhorse player i played the whole L A D meet daily. enjoyed your personality especially when you would pick out an on track fan by saying the guy in the blue plaid shirt and so forth... you don't here announcers that acknowledge the fans in that way,i think that is that is a positive thing. i see micheal chamberlain has posted on the website, would add that as a almost exclusive internet player that sam houston isn't the same without him.. i've had some great luck overall at houston overall thus i have pleasant thoughts about the track and i guess that sorta makes like the announcer too. keep posting we enjoy you're thoughts,again its just nice that someone of importance doesn't mind jabbering with the common everyday horse player. GOOD LUCK WITH THE NEW JOB

Thank you for your kind comments. I like to have a little fun with the crowd. Oh, and I am not the one who has importance. To me, that will always be you guys. Without you, I would be flipping burgers!

Thanks

Craig

Peter Berry
02-24-2011, 09:48 PM
Flipping burgers pays better than most announcer jobs.

craigbraddick
02-24-2011, 09:49 PM
Flipping burgers pays better than most announcer jobs.

I get burned less announcing horses though!

FiveWide
02-24-2011, 09:56 PM
Been enjoyable chatting with you in the War Room Craig. Grats on the new job! :ThmbUp: It's always exciting starting a new job. I'll have to check out that track.

-Five

Relwob Owner
02-24-2011, 10:05 PM
Thank you for your kind comments. I like to have a little fun with the crowd. Oh, and I am not the one who has importance. To me, that will always be you guys. Without you, I would be flipping burgers!

Thanks

Craig

Best of luck Craig....your attitude is terrific.

MickJ26
02-24-2011, 10:16 PM
Keep it up, Craig.
What happened to Boomer?

craigbraddick
02-24-2011, 10:18 PM
Thanks Mick.

I do not know what happened to Boomer. Very good caller though!

Craig

johnhannibalsmith
02-24-2011, 10:37 PM
Congratulations Craig.

bdownes
02-24-2011, 10:58 PM
Lets not forget about Tony Calo who had a stint there at ARP.

Track Collector
02-25-2011, 12:24 AM
Darn.......I have not been to ArP yet and I was hoping to meet up. Yav is nothing special, so not too likely to go back any time soon.

GameTheory
02-25-2011, 01:02 AM
Darn.......I have not been to ArP yet and I was hoping to meet up. Yav is nothing special, so not too likely to go back any time soon.ARP nothing special either. Out in the middle of nowhere. Watch a replay -- nothing but nothing in the background, with the brown dirt of the track matching the brown plains behind -- very minimalist. (Watch a replay.) If there was a single tree on the grounds I can't remember it. The only time I went was on a Monday, which was also devoid of people, although I think Craig has mentioned they actually get decent attendance on the weekends. They do have a pretty classy restaurant on-site for such a small place.

Tom
02-25-2011, 07:54 AM
Congrats, Craig...good luck.

Phantombridgejumpe
02-25-2011, 08:59 AM
congrats on the move!!

craigbraddick
02-25-2011, 09:14 AM
ARP nothing special either. Out in the middle of nowhere. Watch a replay -- nothing but nothing in the background, with the brown dirt of the track matching the brown plains behind -- very minimalist. (Watch a replay.) If there was a single tree on the grounds I can't remember it. The only time I went was on a Monday, which was also devoid of people, although I think Craig has mentioned they actually get decent attendance on the weekends. They do have a pretty classy restaurant on-site for such a small place.

Game Theory!

You are forgetting a water tower and the WW1 era bombing range where they still find the odd bomb or two!

Craig

lamboguy
02-25-2011, 09:19 AM
Lets not forget about Tony Calo who had a stint there at ARP.tony calo is a top race caller. he filled some real big shoes in fingler lakes.

the one thing that the racing game does not lack is their abundance of great race callers all over the country, all of them are real good.

congradulation's to craig for his new job.

Cardus
02-25-2011, 01:28 PM
Boomer was really cool to us on HANA Day in August '09.

I didn't know his background, so I was surprised by how many people involved in racing back east that he knew or had a story about.

It was good stuff.

craigbraddick
02-25-2011, 01:30 PM
Boomer was really cool to us on HANA Day in August '09.

I didn't know his background, so I was surprised by how many people involved in racing back east that he knew or had a story about.

It was good stuff.

Be nice to do a day like that this year.

Are you in the area, Cardus?

Craig

CBedo
02-25-2011, 03:52 PM
Congrats on getting the Yav gig. You'll be missed here. Players in Colorado are losing an advocate at the track.

See ya soon somewhere!

fmolf
02-25-2011, 07:30 PM
congrats craig i am looking forward to hearing your calls and hopefully i will come across an overlay or two at the Y!

wisconsin
02-25-2011, 10:29 PM
Congrats, Craig!!!

I was hoping to visit Arp again and do the handicapping show and visit in the booth again. My wife and I just loved it! Best of luck, friend!

strapper
02-25-2011, 11:31 PM
Craig, told you on FB good luck, want to do the same on this forum, too. :)

Scanman
02-28-2011, 03:33 PM
ARP nothing special either. Out in the middle of nowhere. Watch a replay -- nothing but nothing in the background, with the brown dirt of the track matching the brown plains behind -- very minimalist. (Watch a replay.) If there was a single tree on the grounds I can't remember it. The only time I went was on a Monday, which was also devoid of people, although I think Craig has mentioned they actually get decent attendance on the weekends. They do have a pretty classy restaurant on-site for such a small place. I agree. ArP is pretty ordinary.