PDA

View Full Version : Lock up your sheep...

TJDave
02-24-2011, 12:21 PM
The Canadians (might) be coming. ;)

Good lord, why would Canada and the U.S. do this?

http://www.canada.com/topics/news/story.html?id=403d90d6-7a61-41ac-8cef-902a1d14879d&k=14984

Do they know something we don't?

boxcar
02-24-2011, 12:26 PM
The Canadians (might) be coming. ;)

Good lord, why would Canada and the U.S. do this?

http://www.canada.com/topics/news/story.html?id=403d90d6-7a61-41ac-8cef-902a1d14879d&k=14984

Do they know something we don't?

Fear not: Mosty will fill us in on how good this is and why.

Boxcar
P.S. I guess we should be thankful that the agreement isn't with our upstanding and outstanding neighbor to the south of us. :rolleyes:

Tom
02-24-2011, 01:59 PM
On its face, I like it.
We are strong allies and our countries are inter-twined in many areas.
A close working relationship seems good to me. When we decide to have our "day of rage" against Obama, they can shoot down he drone the Pharaoh will send out to soot us.

I trust Canada - after all, they are not Mexico, eh?

mostpost
02-24-2011, 02:15 PM
Fear not: Mosty will fill us in on how good this is and why.

Boxcar
P.S. I guess we should be thankful that the agreement isn't with our upstanding and outstanding neighbor to the south of us. :rolleyes:

No, he won't. I can see the benefits of Canadian troops helping in a natural disaster in certain areas. Likewise American troops in a reversed situation. I'm talking about things like setting up hospital tents, distributing water and food, providing transportation etc. Any crowd control or traffic control should always be the function of the indigenous forces.

Basically I would disagree with this plan. Even if it's completely innocent in concept and intent, it gives a bad vibe.

johnhannibalsmith
02-24-2011, 02:20 PM
... Even if it's completely innocent in concept and intent, it gives a bad vibe.

Elaboration por favor?

woodtoo
02-24-2011, 02:47 PM
I would be more concerned with the Interpol situation,where they can operate in the U.S.,overriding state and federal law.

TJDave
02-24-2011, 03:02 PM
I'd like to try and redirect the thought process.

Short of a natural disaster of cataclysmic proportion and given the size of our military, the national guard, local, state and national law enforcement and emergency response units...

In what possible scenario would you envision we would need Canada's help?

fast4522
02-24-2011, 03:02 PM
Because it is illegal for United States Service men and woman to do so, here is the law.

The Posse Comitatus Act is a United States federal law (18 U.S.C. § 1385) passed on June 18, 1878, after the end of Reconstruction, with the intention (in concert with the Insurrection Act of 1807) of substantially limiting the powers of the federal government to use the military for law enforcement. The Act prohibits members of the Army, and Air Force, from exercising nominally state law enforcement, police, or peace officer powers that maintain "law and order" on non-federal property (states and their counties and municipal divisions) within the United States.
The statute prohibits Army and Air Force personnel and units of the National Guard under federal authority from acting in a law enforcement capacity within the United States, except where expressly authorized by the Constitution or Congress. The Navy, and Marine Corps are prohibited by Department of Defense Directive, not by the Act itself. [1],[2]The Coast Guard, under the Department of Homeland Security, is exempt from the Act.

Tom
02-24-2011, 03:15 PM

Short of a natural disaster of cataclysmic proportion and given the size of our military, the national guard, local, state and national law enforcement and emergency response units...

A city is taken out by a nuke.
A dam is blown open.
Poisoned water supply.

JustRalph
02-24-2011, 03:15 PM

Exactly what was going thru my mind. There has got to be more to this.

boxcar
02-24-2011, 03:24 PM
Exactly what was going thru my mind. There has got to be more to this.

A civil war? We already had one Democrat in Mass. speak in favor of getting things "bloody" and that sometimes it's necessary.

Boxcar

Tape Reader
02-24-2011, 03:25 PM

Nibiru?

bigmack
02-24-2011, 03:27 PM
What's an emergency in Canada - They ran out of brooms for curling?

johnhannibalsmith
02-24-2011, 03:32 PM
What's an emergency in Canada...?

The Oh-Limp-X... don't you remember the scariness depicted by Dr. Zil Zal XXXXVI ?????

GaryG
02-24-2011, 03:35 PM
The Posse Comitatus Act I thought that was a method of birth control.....

mostpost
02-24-2011, 03:37 PM
. Even if it's completely innocent in concept and intent, it gives a bad vibe.

Elaboration por favor?

The first part of the sentence means that I am giving them the benefit of the doubt; that I don't think they are bringing in foreign mercenaries to shoot people in the streets. The second part means the whole idea makes me uncomfortable. Maybe it's the idea of having armed foreign troops on our soil. However benevolent.

boxcar
02-24-2011, 03:38 PM
The Oh-Limp-X... don't you remember the scariness depicted by Dr. Zil Zal XXXXVI ?????

Gosh...I do miss him. :D

Boxcar

johnhannibalsmith
02-24-2011, 03:40 PM
.... Maybe it's the idea of having armed foreign troops on our soil....

Well that's the part that interested me. I thought maybe, just perhaps maybe, since you let your guard down for a moment and insinuated that you might pose an original opinion of your own - maybe I could hear what you think about something rather than hear about what some other source thinks of something.

I'll expect my elaboration when Rhonda Skolar "covers" this story. :p

bigmack
02-24-2011, 03:41 PM
Oh that's right. That was conspiracy #218. Global warming/no snow.

I wonder what he's up to now?

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lelvomkjXr1qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

boxcar
02-24-2011, 05:35 PM
Man...he's going to need an arm transplant if he isn't careful.

Boxcar

Tom
02-24-2011, 07:06 PM
I wonder what he's up to now?

Selling doctor's excuses in Madison?

"To whom it may concern:
Please excuse Milton for missing class last week.
His early energy was too high."

dartman51
02-24-2011, 10:15 PM

The first part of the sentence means that I am giving them the benefit of the doubt; that I don't think they are bringing in foreign mercenaries to shoot people in the streets. The second part means the whole idea makes me uncomfortable. Maybe it's the idea of having armed foreign troops on our soil. However benevolent.

WOW!!! I actually agree with you. But, probably looking at it from a different angle. I think it's quiet possibly part of a larger plan. The dissolving of our borders. Start with Canada, because, who would complain about Canada. Once that gets established, they can move to our southern border, and do the same. Either way, it makes me uncomfortable.

Tom
02-24-2011, 11:17 PM
WOW!!! I actually agree with you. But, probably looking at it from a different angle. I think it's quiet possibly part of a larger plan. The dissolving of our borders. Start with Canada, because, who would complain about Canada. Once that gets established, they can move to our southern border, and do the same. Either way, it makes me uncomfortable.

OK, you changed my mind.
Good points.

Back up there, Rookies. Back.

johnhannibalsmith
02-25-2011, 12:13 AM
"To whom it may concern:
Please excuse Milton for missing class last week.
His early energy was too high."

Woooooo Tommmmmm!!!! :lol: :lol:

sammy the sage
02-26-2011, 07:34 PM
Please...the WHOLE deal is just the START of the NEW world order...by the Banker's IN charge!

BlueShoe
02-28-2011, 02:10 PM
Please...the WHOLE deal is just the START of the NEW world order...by the Banker's IN charge!
Concur. Am strongly opposed to this plan. With the rise of globalism this is another step in the erosion of US sovereignty. After Canada, next will come Mexico. The idea behind this grand so called North American Alliance is something that the Council on Foreign Relations hatched years ago in order to hasten the creation of a one world all powerful government.

cj's dad
02-28-2011, 08:48 PM
We are who we are- the US does not need help from any other nation on the face of the earth. Then again, we are now ruled by his esteemed eminence; one Barack Hussein Obama. He is respected by no nation including this one. No leaders fear him. We have elected a fool. He will bring this nation to its' knees.

God help us !!

Rookies
02-28-2011, 10:38 PM
Originally Posted by dartman51

OK, you changed my mind.
Good points.

Back up there, Rookies. Back.

Ahhhh Tommy, the left here thinks exactly like the opinion stated by Dartman only from OUR side. http://www.globalresearch.ca/articles/CHO411C.html

But we have a died in the wool, Neo-Con Prime Minister who would rather be an American!

CANADA DOESN'T!

Not now, not ever. That's Harper's little mastuba-tory fantasy ! We are more than happy to be a sovereign nation, notwithstanding the acknowledged close ties between us and the fact of the world's largest undefended border.

And besides, the tide has turned economically. We've got the hammer with many of the top natural resources of the world, including: timber, oil, natural gas, potash and especially- fresh water ! Finally, we can all go visit, or live in the U.S. with relative impunity, whenever we want... unless our first name is 'Mohammed' ;) .

BlueShoe
03-01-2011, 02:32 PM
Gosh...I do miss him. :D
Hate to admit it, but so do I. It was rather fun to try and understand what he was trying to say with those Zillyisms. :D Besides, the far left could use some reinforcements, we have them outgunned, not only by logic, but with numbers. I vote that we let him back in, perhaps under probation with some restrictions. Bet that he still takes an occasional peek here and lurks for awhile.:)