PDA

View Full Version : YONKERS LIVE THURS 2/24

botster
02-24-2011, 12:01 AM
Hoping to be around for some live action at "The Hilltop" this evening.I am slowly getting to know these horses some at the current meet.Some I have known from following out of town tracks.Some others I do know from being in contact with trainers/drivers here residing in New York.

I am going to try to keep my past performance comments on these horses here on this forum.Limiting my time with only Monday,Tues,and Thurs. cards.Friday and Saturday cards have too many higher classes to deal with and that is not my strong suit.

It has been useless for me to attempt to delve into Yonkers with any seriousness over the years.The half mile racing at the mile distance has just been a waste of time.This era now with the better purses and the added distance should help to a large degree.The proof so far has been pretty clear to myself, that this should help the value significantly enough for myself to at least give it an honest try.

At this time I am going to keep my wager types pretty simple.I need to get a good idea of these horses, before getting into more advanced type wagers.

I am really attempting this, because I believe it is a good thing for someone new to the game to see that this is a formful game and winners can be picked logically.The harness game is in desperate need for new interest to be brought into the game, and I hope in some small way this may help.

Good Fortune:)

botster
02-24-2011, 12:32 AM
These are the past performance comments, from the previous races, on almost the entire card of entries racing this evening.Races 1-6.

1st
1 Running out,brk,rec,finished sore.
2 spd,3 hole,gapped,poor.
3 No speed,unc,on line R/H.
4 Big sort/ front end issues thus rest.Unc,held.
5 stalled cvr,in,little.
6 rocky up front,stood in,little.
8 sat,nothing.

2nd
1 stabbing front action,pocket,surged.
2 spd,late tuck.Held unasked.
3 Tried to leave,tuck 6th,3rd over,pushed wide,super try.
4 off gate,saved,even.
5 slowstart,unc,in,little.
6 off behind,sat,angle late,even.Finished sore.
7 W/U poor in Parade.Broke.
8 saved,nothing.

3rd
1 saved gppd,up pylons,pace.
2 out 3/4's,4 wd,no chance
3 off behind/front.saved nothing.
4 grabby,off course @ 1/2,needs work, off L/H.
5 forced tuck,pylons,even.
6 sore r/f.sat,finished sore.
7 off gate,on r/l.Sore up front.Out stretch nothing.Finished sore.
8 Taken back,3rd over in bad flow,wd,good try.

4th
1 Blasted,wd to top,yld, finished near lame front end.
2 Hung to dry,expired.
3 horrible.
4 Hrd chall,fell apart finishing sore up front.
5 Cvr,wiped out,recovered in a circus trip.
6 Badly impeded,forced wide,nothing.
7 yanked off gate,long unc,tired late.
8 inherited 3rd out 3/4'sno match.

5th
1 tough spot,hidden pace.
2 Widest,flying.
3 trailed,out lane,hidden pace.
4 sore r/f,top,easiest.
5 spd,fell apart.
6 slipped out.Gained ground.
7 gained cvr,launched,going away.
8 gunned,parked,yld,stopped.

6th
1 jumped it off @ start.
2 searched,little.
3 r/h issues,gppd.
4 pylons,even
5 sound,cvr,wknd.
6 lathered,on r/l,held.
7 high stepper,unstaedy early.Left,tuck,long unc,came back.
8 gppd badly.

botster
02-24-2011, 12:55 AM
7th
1 pylon trip,nothing.
2 pckt trip,easy.
3 angle final,charging.
4 overbet,yld,1/2 mv,wilted while on r/l.
5 a bit steppy up front.pylon trip,split,gd pace.
6 pckt,no match
8 aborted leave,unc,locked on l/l,tired.

8th
1 away 7th,no chance.2 back...cvr,wde,good try.
2 cvr,hung.
3 used hard,excellent drive.
4 blocked,raging.
5 brk,problem horse.
6 pull pckt,self destructed.
7 steppy late,out,even.
8 angled widest,trot.2 back...lost cvr,lite taps.

9th
1 5 wd to lead,blowout.
2 rammy,tck,chall,tired.
3 rtk,dominated.
4 yld,pull pocket,hung on.
5 lng unc,slashed,dug in.
6 off up front,almost ran,nothing.
7 little
8 sat,sharp angle,surged.

10th
1 pckt,terrible.
2 wide to nowhere.
3 rtk,in distress.
4 lng unc,giant.
5 wd to top,unpress,nipped.
6 off cvr,strong.
7 leaning in on turns,up front issues,lost cvr,in,out,2nd best.
8 3rd over, rough gaited,little.

11th
1 off gate,off up front,gppd cvr.
2 hrd chall,top,coasted.
3 3 hole,out late,no match.
4 dragging r/h,unc brush,in, wknd.
5 Big sort.1/4 mv,press,2nd best.
6 blasted,tck5th,gppd cvr,even.
7 indian file,no chance.
8 ppd 4 hole, terrible

12th
1 steppy up front.1/4 mv,tired on a line near wire.
2 Big sort.hidden pace stretch.
3 fired up,good flow,just missed.
4 urged to top,yld,shuff,not much.
5 1/4 mv, outclassed.
6 trip,winner too tough.
7 running out on turns.3 hole,hrd chall,held well.
8 monsterous.

botster
02-24-2011, 02:11 AM
2nd
3 MR.LUCK LAVEC 12-1 put in a super try for Sholty in last.Shows a win in 20,s @ Monticello late last year.Trotters take some time to get going at their best and that last try is a good indication that he is at the top of his game right now.The owner here knows how to train one as well, so this one has some good one's behind him.
2 INCOME DE VIE showed leaving in her last and held pretty well while really unasked late.Another that shows winning in a 20k @ Monticello. May be a well-meant spot for this horse shipping in tonight.

3rd
8 ROCA ROCKETTE 3-1 had a tough journey and ran into one that was surprisingly bet off the board.
1 SKYWAY HANOVER 4-1 showed pace in against the same bet one as the latter.

4th
7 STYX DELIGHT N 6-1 drops again after getting roughed up against FAROUCH HANOVER.Limited starts for this 7 yo New Zealand bred.Pena horse in this race makes it tougher to get value.

5th
6 EASY FEELIN 6-1 was closing in fast against STALEY and bumps up in claiming value.This horse was rested not too long before moving into the Ford barn.300k in the bank for her, so she has got the backclass.
1 BAD OBSESION 10-1 that last try was pretty good.Lightly raced last year and she may be coming into her own now off that rest.Sholty and Bongiorno again.

6th
7 WINTER LEEBROOK 10-1 was unsteady at times at Freehold, but came back near the finish racing real well.Big switch makes him a value prospect here tonight.Hard not to see him having some trouble on these turns.Hoping some changes may be made to help him.
2 DANGER HALL 6-1 this is a big trainer change into the J.P barn.May be overbet, but certainly needs to be feared.

7th
3 IMPRESSIVE CHAR 6-1 has been moved out of claimers a few back and that last makes him a serious player here.Fresh horse 6-24 last year with 64k made...what's not to like?
5 DREAMS BAR 10-1 has a touch of class to her and split while in tight last week.

8th
1 JON WIN 5-1 had no chance last week at FHLD, but the last one here was real good.Gregory is one of the best trot guys in the business.
3 BERNDT ENERGY 3-1 will take some beating here off that last line.
4 NUMISIMATIC 10-1 was blocked and raging in last.Steve Smith is so unagressive almost all the time.
8 IM A SAKRA 12-1 is sharp,but can't overcome this draw tonight.Wait for a better spot.

botster
02-24-2011, 02:24 AM
9th
5 DONTTAKEYOURGUNS 8-1 was an improved try in last for Bouchard.This horse had 1 win last year and made 50k,so we know he has the ability to win here in this class.

10th
4 GEM HEIST 6-1 put in a giant effort in last.Price may be short,but certainly one to watch.

12th
2 EAGLE HILARIOUS 8-1 had some hidden pace late in last.Recent Sorentino trainee has bomb possibilities here.Tough bunch of horseflesh here makes this one tough to bet seriously for myself.

Good Fortune:)

botster
02-24-2011, 07:21 PM
#1 Was way overbet there.He came very close to breaking at the start. His soundness problems last week were more than the average type of physical woes for this type of class.The winner there was most likely rested and got the work needed to be better this time out.

botster
02-24-2011, 07:30 PM
Are value plays are both good square prices here.The #1 is legitimate so we will play accordingly.

botster
02-24-2011, 07:39 PM
Are value plays are both good square prices here.The #1 is legitimate so we will play accordingly.

We will get a good place mutual on the #3 here.Pena's entries really make shopping for value very tough.Here he jogs off a mile where something wasn't right in his prior.I Have to give him credit here. He himself, and the owner, did a good job with this one.

#3 $10.00 to place.

botster
02-24-2011, 07:44 PM
The #8 here opens with peanuts to win on her.The exactas, however tell another story.The #1 here will also get bet here according to the exactas.Probably just watch this one.

botster
02-24-2011, 07:47 PM
The #8 here opens with peanuts to win on her.The exactas, however tell another story.The #1 here will also get bet here according to the exactas.Probably just watch this one.

The #1 here is not looking too sporty in the parade.Intersting to see how this one performs.The #8 here should get hit some, soon.

botster
02-24-2011, 07:50 PM
The #1 here is not looking too sporty in the parade.Intersting to see how this one performs.The #8 here should get hit some, soon.

The exacta's have gone up on #8 and her price is a good one.I will still pass.

botster
02-24-2011, 07:57 PM
The exacta's have gone up on #8 and her price is a good one.I will still pass.

The trainer there on the winner #4 is a very smart prerace guy from Maine.Tonight his horse looked much better going than in his last attempt.The board showed they were betting tonight.The #1 was driven like a problem horse tonight,not even getting a board spot.That horse was overbet tonight.

botster
02-24-2011, 08:02 PM
4 BC'S JESSE has plumeted fast since her early days in Canada.This horse had ability back then, and Pena knows it.He would be one of the few that would ever dare claim these type.Improvement is almost guaranteed.Again,this is a race in where Pena makes thing almost impossible to bet.

botster
02-24-2011, 08:15 PM
4 BC'S JESSE has plumeted fast since her early days in Canada.This horse had ability back then, and Pena knows it.He would be one of the few that would ever dare claim these type.Improvement is almost guaranteed.Again,this is a race in where Pena makes thing almost impossible to bet.

#2 pays $133 for the win.No BJ'S JESSEE tonight, running, but their aren't too many he can't get to go with that type of backclass.That's value...hahahaha!

botster
02-24-2011, 08:24 PM
Good competative bunch here so good numbers on the interesting one's will happen.#1 Looked good in the parade and right now is 6-1.Good overlay on the #6.The GP always hate horses moving up off losses.

botster
02-24-2011, 08:25 PM
Good competative bunch here so good numbers on the interesting one's will happen.#1 Looked good in the parade and right now is 6-1.Good overlay on the #6.The GP always hate horses moving up off losses.

The #6 just took a hit,so that is encouraging.

botster
02-24-2011, 08:34 PM
The #6 just took a hit,so that is encouraging.

The #6 here puts in a sharp effort for second behind the favorite...$55.50 on the exacta.

The #1 here runs at the start???Pat Lachance shouldn't be driving here.That may have been the cause???

botster
02-24-2011, 08:43 PM
I may use the #7 here.Small in exactas, back, and forth with 12346...w/p 7.

botster
02-24-2011, 08:46 PM
I may use the #7 here.Small in exactas, back, and forth with 12346...w/p 7.

Alittle extra 2-7 box.

botster
02-24-2011, 08:51 PM
Alittle extra 2-7 box.

Wasn't much first up...chalk it up!

botster
02-24-2011, 09:04 PM
#7 Horse getting bet off the layoff.Not too worried about that though.
The #3 here IMPRESSIVE CHAR is a big overlay IMO.You don't usually see the GP let Bartlett get away at this price,but they may be underestimating the horse here.

W/P...EXACTAS BOXED.

botster
02-24-2011, 09:14 PM
2nd
7th
5 DREAMS BAR 10-1 has a touch of class to her and split while in tight last week.

The #5 there was a tremendous overlay.$41.00 for the win.The top pick just had no excuse.

botster
02-24-2011, 09:23 PM
The #1 is a square price using with 3-4-5-8.A little worried about MARIANS MAN here now.Go small ex..w/p #1

botster
02-24-2011, 09:24 PM
The #1 is a square price using with 3-4-5-8.A little worried about MARIANS MAN here now.Go small ex..w/p #1

kill the w/p, just the exbx.

botster
02-24-2011, 09:32 PM
kill the w/p, just the exbx.

I lost the w/p here.Those odds were getting a bit too short for me on the win end.The logical horse finishes second here setting up a $26.80 exacta.MARIANS MAN improved here, and could be one to watch next out.

botster
02-24-2011, 09:41 PM
Not much here the rest of the way.#5 taking some action here off that good try in last.No speed though.

small win bet #5 small straight ex 5/1-3-4-7.

botster
02-24-2011, 09:53 PM
Not much here the rest of the way.#5 taking some action here off that good try in last.No speed though.

small win bet #5 small straight ex 5/1-3-4-7.

Fractions there...should have faired better.

botster
02-24-2011, 09:58 PM
This horse is sharp #4 GEM HEIST.Small straight 4/5-6.If I can get 4-1 or better small win.

botster
02-24-2011, 10:07 PM
This horse is sharp #4 GEM HEIST.Small straight 4/5-6.If I can get 4-1 or better small win.

7-2 @ POST.No win bet.Came uncovered and tired tonight.

botster
02-24-2011, 10:14 PM
These aren't my type of races, but I will use #2 EAGLE HALARIOUS small w/p.Hoping for a good trip for this one.Big trainer change a few back on this one and they could be setting this one up.

Good Fortune...Until Monday:) .