PDA

View Full Version : Tiger bounced in 1st round of WGC Match play Championship

Golf and Horses
02-23-2011, 07:50 PM
Tiger goes down to Thomas Bjorn:eek:

melman
02-24-2011, 09:08 AM
Golf---Have you had a chance to check out the game of this 17 yr old Italian kid, Matteo Marcissero? All I can say is WOW he has ALL the shots. Very impressive yesterday in defeating Steve Stricker. I think he is going to be a superstar. Last year at the British Open he had a very high finish.

Golf and Horses
02-24-2011, 07:12 PM
Hi melman

Yes...I remember the kid from last year. Italian kid says Seve is his idol. If he has Seve's killer instinct lookout. This kid is the real deal and adds to Europes already impressive arsenal of top players.

melman
02-24-2011, 08:04 PM
Golf---I really screwed up the young man's name. It's Matteo Manassero and he won again today. GREAT shot with a six iron to within four feet of the hole on 17 to win it. Although Edoardo Molinari lost today he and his brother are very good young players. Italy is turning out some great young players. Most impressive of all today was Rickie Fowler. At 22 this young guy has a ton of ability. A lot of great young talent on Tour nowadays.

Golf and Horses
02-24-2011, 08:24 PM
You're right Mel...the young kids are really good...and fearless...I mean Fowler really beat up on Phil...this will give him tons of confidence...not that he lacked any to begin with...the young guns are not afraid of the established guys and that should make for some great golf this year. Looking forward to it!

melman
02-24-2011, 08:35 PM
Golf---For "location" I noticed you listed Philly. If you get a chance this season play the course at Turtle Creek. A really great layout, super maintance of the course. The rough is tough it is a real good challange. Located off Route 422 in Limerick, Pennsylvania.

Golf and Horses
02-24-2011, 08:53 PM
I played it once. It was about a year old then. They still had a trailer as the temporary clubhouse. I haven't had a chance to get back there. I do remember a par 5 that wrapped around a lake. It was a nice course back then. Glad to hear it has matured nicely. Have you played Lederach? I love that course. Thats up your way right?

melman
02-24-2011, 09:04 PM
Yes both Lederach and Limerick are about 8 miles "down the road" from me. I enjoy both of them but Limerick's Turtle Creek has really grown into a really nice challange to play. Try it again this season I'm sure you will like it. About four miles from those two the Jeffersonville Club just off of Trooper Road is a nice place also. About 2 miles from there is the George Washington course off Egypt Road near 422. They really put some cash into that course and made it much better. Lot of fun courses in my neck of the woods.

Golf and Horses
02-24-2011, 09:22 PM
I gotta get up that way more often this year. Most of my golf buddies live in Jersey so I play over there alot. I'm getting the itch bigtime. Can't wait for the weather to break.