PDA

View Full Version : Zen and Bernie standing in a shed ...

FenceBored
02-23-2011, 02:09 PM
We had a thread for the other celebrity breeding this week, so here's one for the other.
According to the Zenyatta website (http://www.zenyatta.com/news/diary-post-92-2), the mare owned by Jerry and Ann Moss was picked up by a Sallee horse van from William S. Farish's Lane’s End Farm at about 7:30 a.m. (EST) for the 10-minute trip to Darley near Lexington.
Read more: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/61524/horse-of-the-year-zenyatta-bred-to-bernardini#ixzz1EoJv8E5A

Dahoss9698
02-23-2011, 02:15 PM
I hope they got a video of it.

exactatom
02-23-2011, 02:18 PM
Having driven that road many times since I moved to LEX in March 2010, I wonder how they got from one farm to the other in 10 minutes, especially at 7:30 AM during rush hour.

Shelby
02-23-2011, 02:23 PM
They rode Zenyatta, of course. ;):D

Cardus
02-23-2011, 04:02 PM
The people with tears in their eyes need to get a grip.

There is passion for horse racing, and then there is lunacy.

bigmack
02-23-2011, 07:36 PM
There's some psychobabble for ya.

ArlJim78
02-23-2011, 08:03 PM
I hope they got a video of it.
why, do you collect them?

5k-claim
02-23-2011, 08:04 PM

There is passion for horse racing, and then there is lunacy.What's it to you?

I personally do not feel anywhere close to having a tear in my eye, but the continuing transition from race mare to broodmare can certainly be an emotional one to some of the people who feel a connection to the mare. So what?

delayjf
02-23-2011, 08:07 PM
Anybody know why they went with Bernadini over AP Indy?

Dahoss9698
02-23-2011, 09:33 PM
why, do you collect them?

Might be time to get over it buddy. 4 years is an awful long time to hold an internet grudge. Even for you.

Tom
02-23-2011, 10:10 PM
There's some psychobabble for ya.

Who do theses people think they are?
There's no crying in horse racing!

:D

delayjf
02-23-2011, 10:38 PM
Anybody know why they went with Bernadini over AP Indy?

Found my answer - Bernadini was sired by guess who - AP Indy.

nijinski
02-23-2011, 11:46 PM
And it's in Zenyatta's diary and on facebook. All went well and both were
quite professional.

Nikki1997
02-23-2011, 11:49 PM
Found my answer - Bernadini was sired by guess who - AP Indy.

That's not all of it. Indy's fertility has been in decline, but it appears the choice to go to Bernardini was enhanced by a half sister to Zenyatta who is by Bernardini. This filly, newly turned two year old, will be joining Mr. Shirreffs later in the spring and by all accounts, she is very, very nice.

nijinski
02-24-2011, 12:09 AM
He 's getting " long in the tooth " as well AP that is . Time for him
to collect his pension.

JustRalph
02-24-2011, 01:24 AM
I can't believe that in the diary, they write as if Zeny is speaking

give me a break.......... :bang:

bigmack
02-24-2011, 01:38 AM
What an outrage. They have a lot of nerve putting games in there for kiddies as well.

Sure it's as corny as Kansas, then again, maybe the site isn't intended for degenerate handicappers.

Someone should educate Sheriffs' wife on how to run that site. :rolleyes:

JustRalph
02-24-2011, 02:17 AM
What an outrage. They have a lot of nerve putting games in there for kiddies as well.

Sure it's as corny as Kansas, then again, maybe the site isn't intended for degenerate handicappers.

I know there's a Mr. Ed joke in here somewhere...........

OntheRail
02-24-2011, 12:32 PM

It caters to her core supports that hoard of 8 year olds and up facebookers that clogged the net with Zen's the Best Ever and cried into their Pink and Teal pillows cause... others said she was good but not greatest. That think a PP's are what happens in the restroom. I could go on but you get the point.. ;).

No I think She hit her target right in the center.

Cardus
02-24-2011, 12:44 PM
What's it to you?

I personally do not feel anywhere close to having a tear in my eye, but the continuing transition from race mare to broodmare can certainly be an emotional one to some of the people who feel a connection to the mare. So what?

I read the reactions by clicking the link.

I think some of the reactions -- particularly, but not limited to, those who were crying -- were excessive.

Some think it's OK, some think it excessive.

delayjf
02-24-2011, 07:59 PM
I cry everytime I watch a re-run of the BC. :(

bigmack
02-24-2011, 08:15 PM
It caters to her core supports that hoard of 8 year olds and up facebookers that clogged the net with Zen's the Best Ever and cried into their Pink and Teal pillows cause... others said she was good but not greatest. That think a PP's are what happens in the restroom. I could go on but you get the point.. ;).
No I think She hit her target right in the center.
Tough to tell your point given the incoherence of it all.

I scrolled through some of those comments @ the site. There are hundreds each day.

Just think if any of those maudlin, ignorant little kids that don't know what PP's are grow up and decide to play the game. All that dummy money. (Wink, wink. Nudge, nudge)

You & Cardus and all the others will be able to clean up on those fools. :ThmbUp: It'll be like takin' candy from a kid.

keithw84
02-24-2011, 11:11 PM

I'm just glad Zenyatta didn't have tears in her eyes. Would've made it kind of awkward for Bernardini...

Does Zenyatta have to give up Guinness while she is in foal?

Dahoss9698
02-24-2011, 11:14 PM
Tough to tell your point given the incoherence of it all.

I scrolled through some of those comments @ the site. There are hundreds each day.

Just think if any of those maudlin, ignorant little kids that don't know what PP's are grow up and decide to play the game. All that dummy money. (Wink, wink. Nudge, nudge)

You & Cardus and all the others will be able to clean up on those fools. :ThmbUp: It'll be like takin' candy from a kid.

I think the point is that the majority of the people commenting aren't kids. It's adults that are drawn to tears at the thought that Zenyatta was covered. Sorry, that's over the top.

It has nothing to do with gambling or an understanding of the game. Writing to a horse on facebook or a blog as if you are actually talking to them and they are responding is weird. It just is and I'm sure you know it is too.

You like to poke fun at those who look at politics different than you do. Some of us like to poke fun at people who cry when Zenyatta gets covered and talk to horses on facebook. We're both poking fun at someone's expense, but you seem to think it's okay when you do it and are outraged when someone else does it.

Refrain from the morality lectures or be without doubt the biggest hypocrite at this joint.

(cue ArlJim and Tom to add nothing to the discussion)

bigmack
02-24-2011, 11:47 PM
You like to poke fun at those who look at politics different than you do. Some of us like to poke fun at people who cry when Zenyatta gets covered and talk to horses on facebook.
I saw people crying after the Jets lost. Talk about pathetic. But I wouldn't run around giving much thought to it. People react differently. So what?

As for my political discussions they have more to do with people bringing unsound arguments than me disagreeing with them. I played for the other team for a spell. Besides, many of the people I mix it up with in off-top I PM with and we're okie dokie in the real world. Can you say the same?

Now go ahead and try and "own" my niece for putting together a compilation video of Z. I'll invite her into the discussion so you can tell her how over the top she is.

Dahoss9698
02-25-2011, 12:06 AM
I saw people crying after the Jets lost. Talk about pathetic. But I wouldn't run around giving much thought to it. People react differently. So what?

As for my political discussions they have more to do with people bringing unsound arguments than me disagreeing with them. I played for the other team for a spell. Besides, many of the people I mix it up with in off-top I PM with and we're okie dokie in the real world. Can you say the same?

Now go ahead and try and "own" my niece for putting together a compilation video of Z. I'll invite her into the discussion so you can tell her how over the top she is.

Wow. Hall of fame deflection. Here's what I think. You're the one making the compilation videos and you're one of the people crying over Zenyatta. It's why you take such offense to this stuff.

However, most of my disagreements also have to do with people bringing unsound arguements. That usually gets lost though because people like you just want to attack the messenger instead of looking at what is actually being said.

The dramatics are a nice touch though. Once again, there is a big difference between kids getting excited and adults (you) crying over Zenyatta. I know you know this. Just like we both know you're a hypocrite. Own it.

bigmack
02-25-2011, 12:16 AM
The dramatics are a nice touch though. Once again, there is a big difference between kids getting excited and adults (you) crying over Zenyatta. I know you know this. Just like we both know you're a hypocrite. Own it.
:lol: :lol: Oooo, nice.

Be a big man. Go over to that site and tell people what fools they are. Posturing as a big man here makes you look like an idiot.

Dahoss9698
02-25-2011, 12:22 AM
Posturing as a big man here makes you look like an idiot.

The off topic wonder is talking about posturing. Amazing, just amazing.

bigmack
02-25-2011, 01:03 AM
Little fella can't figure out that kids aren't dumb enough to cry about the Jets losing. The story was over his head.

Here he is deriding people for sentimentalizing a horse at another website but can't figure out how to go to the site himself to ridicule. It's almost as juvenile as coming to this site and going to another (DerbyTrail) to say: "Look what I saw over there." Speaking of which, why aren't you over there?

Who would have that big of a "little man" complex to do such things?

Our bigboy on campus - dahoss9682 or whatever. :lol:

Dahoss9698
02-25-2011, 01:09 AM
You're poking fun at my name, but I'm childish? Talk about a total lack of self awareness. Why aren't you on Zenyatta's blog crying with the rest of the ladies? Oh that's right. You're playing tough guy in the off topic room of a horse racing message board.

What a hero.

bigmack
02-25-2011, 01:14 AM
You're poking fun at my name, but I'm childish? Talk about a total lack of self awareness. Why aren't you on Zenyatta's blog crying with the rest of the ladies? Oh that's right. You're playing tough guy in the off topic room of a horse racing message board.
What a hero.
Mr. Pot & Kettle. Is that what you call deflection?

Why aren't you over @ DerbyTrail?

Dahoss9698
02-25-2011, 01:17 AM
Mr. Pot & Kettle. Is that what you call deflection?

Why aren't you over @ DerbyTrail?

Why aren't you crying on Zenyatta's blog?

bigmack
02-25-2011, 01:20 AM
Why aren't you crying on Zenyatta's blog?
:lol: :lol:

Can we officially call you Mr. Deflection?

Bye bye. :sleeping:

Dahoss9698
02-25-2011, 01:22 AM
:lol: :lol:

Can we officially call you Mr. Deflection?

Bye bye. :sleeping:

Only if you change your name to Bigsissy. It fits much better.

JustRalph
02-25-2011, 01:24 AM
after reading this thread,,,, I feel like crying...

Dahoss9698
02-25-2011, 01:33 AM
after reading this thread,,,, I feel like crying...

I know the feeling. Everytime I click on off topic.

ArlJim78
02-25-2011, 07:04 AM
I think the point is that the majority of the people commenting aren't kids. It's adults that are drawn to tears at the thought that Zenyatta was covered. Sorry, that's over the top.

It has nothing to do with gambling or an understanding of the game. Writing to a horse on facebook or a blog as if you are actually talking to them and they are responding is weird. It just is and I'm sure you know it is too.

You like to poke fun at those who look at politics different than you do. Some of us like to poke fun at people who cry when Zenyatta gets covered and talk to horses on facebook. We're both poking fun at someone's expense, but you seem to think it's okay when you do it and are outraged when someone else does it.

arguing over political policies is not the same as mocking people because you have declared that their emotions are not acceptable.

political ideas are public, they effect all of us, you can usually measure them in a somewhat objective sense and make a case as to whether one idea is better than another.

what causes someone to have an emotional response that leads to tears is an entirely personal thing. It doesn't effect anyone but the person involved. there is no objective right or wrong, no two people have the same internal response to all events. only an immature prick would take it open himself to decide which emotions are acceptable for someone else to feel and then to make fun of people who react differently.

Tom
02-25-2011, 07:58 AM

Why bother - you have it covered, as usual with your endless whining.
Carry on.

Grits
02-25-2011, 08:51 AM

I stopped reading a long time ago. The mare interest me, she does. But I felt if I read the words,"TOO CUTE", written by Dottie Ingordo Sherriffs (her voice) one more time I was gonna be sick. I'm serious, if you're gonna keep dishing out this stuff, and I'm amazed that its gone on this long, come up with something else.

Also there's no need to look in on this thread again. Like so much that's Zenyatta, it goes on long past, ripe. This one began to rot several posts back. :rolleyes:

Dahoss9698
02-25-2011, 09:02 AM
Called that one, didn't I. The guy who posts non stop about nothing (who has put me on ignore over a dozen times, yet responds like clockwork to my posts) and the guy that had to have mods step in at another board because he took a pm waaaaaaaaay too far. And this same guy is going to lecture me. Oh, the irony.

Just so I'm clear, someone's political beliefs are okay to mock. But someone talking to a horse on facebook isn't.

Awesome.

Dahoss9698
02-25-2011, 09:04 AM
as usual with your endless whining.

Another person with ZERO in terms of self awareness.

Quality not quantity.

FenceBored
02-25-2011, 10:15 AM
Not to hijack the thread or anything, but ...

Do you think that the vets used by Lane's End have ultrasound machines capable of printing/digitizing the ultrasound images? In other words, can we look forward to 'baby pictures' of the embryo in a couple of weeks?

Tom
02-25-2011, 10:16 AM
And yet another thread turn into a Dahoss whine-fest.
You're the one who mentioned me, loser, then you post your tired old mantra about quantity....what a total joke you are. Grow up little Dapony.:lol:

tzipi
02-25-2011, 11:43 AM

I found the person who was talking(writing) to Zenyatta like she was a 2 yr old baby very creepy. It's a grown horse going to a breeding shed. Crazy.

Cardus
02-25-2011, 01:16 PM

Refrain from the morality lectures or be without doubt the biggest hypocrite at this joint.

That has always been my assumption. I didn't read every comment, but I didn't get a sense that I was reading eight-year-olds' comments... just adults acting like they were eight.

Kinda like Bigsissy.

Cardus
02-25-2011, 01:19 PM
And yet another thread turn into a Dahoss whine-fest.
You're the one who mentioned me, loser, then you post your tired old mantra about quantity....what a total joke you are. Grow up little Dapony.:lol:

I don't see how "dapony" earns that emoticon, but after :4: :4: ,:9: :4: :8: posts, I guess you had to use something, right?

Cardus
02-25-2011, 01:21 PM
Not to hijack the thread or anything, but ...

Do you think that the vets used by Lane's End have ultrasound machines capable of printing/digitizing the ultrasound images? In other words, can we look forward to 'baby pictures' of the embryo in a couple of weeks?

Not often does a post that "hijack[s]" a thread actually bring it back on topic, does it?

Tom
02-25-2011, 01:27 PM
I don't see how "dapony" earns that emoticon, but after :4: :4: ,:9: :4: :8: posts, I guess you had to use something, right?

More information from the peanut gallery.
You guys related?

Cardus
02-25-2011, 01:30 PM
More information from the peanut gallery.
You guys related?

No, unlike death, taxes, and another post from Tom.

Cardus
02-25-2011, 02:02 PM
arguing over political policies is not the same as mocking people because you have declared that their emotions are not acceptable.

political ideas are public, they effect all of us, you can usually measure them in a somewhat objective sense and make a case as to whether one idea is better than another.

what causes someone to have an emotional response that leads to tears is an entirely personal thing. It doesn't effect anyone but the person involved. there is no objective right or wrong, no two people have the same internal response to all events. only an immature prick would take it open himself to decide which emotions are acceptable for someone else to feel and then to make fun of people who react differently.

Jim, there are reasonable points here, and then there is the highlighted portion.

Commenting that people crying about a horse being mounted is absurd, over the top, lunacy, etc. is about making distinctions. Intelligent people do this, in my mind. (I am not saying that you are not intelligent.)

Person cries when a horse breaks down on the track: no problem.

Person cries when a horse doesn't get up in time to lose the Breeders' Cup Classic: child -- understandable; adult -- I don't get it.

Person cries upon hearing that a horse was mounted in a breeding shed, about the most remote aspect of the game itself: absurd, over the top, lunacy, etc.

My thoughts on this matter, along with Dahoss' and Tzipi's (whom I think commented on this as well) are not the thoughts of "immature prick[s]", but of people making distinctions regarding human behavior.

bigmack
02-25-2011, 04:19 PM
Person cries when a horse breaks down on the track: no problem.

Person cries when a horse doesn't get up in time to lose the Breeders' Cup Classic: child -- understandable; adult -- I don't get it.

Person cries upon hearing that a horse was mounted in a breeding shed, about the most remote aspect of the game itself: absurd, over the top, lunacy, etc.

:lol: :lol: Oh look; it's dahoss' waterboy with more psychobabble.

Why don't you creeps buzz to the source over at that site and tell those people the rules of crying. :D Seems like bitchy whining over here.

Cardus
02-25-2011, 04:28 PM
:lol: :lol: Oh look; it's dahoss' waterboy with more psychobabble.

Why don't you creeps buzz to the source over at that site and tell those people the rules of crying. :D Seems like bitchy whining over here.

Please let us know when you have produced your next Zenyatta video tribute, Bigsissy.

keithw84
02-25-2011, 05:04 PM
It seems kind of silly to make fun of DaHoss's handles since it is clearly a reference to one horse's specific accomplishments and not some sort of self-promoting proclamation.

PaceAdvantage
02-25-2011, 07:32 PM
You ****ers are going to make me choose which one of you I ban...I guess it has to come to that.

It's getting ****ing tiresome watching thread after thread devolve because neither of you can control yourselves.

Maybe I shouldn't choose...maybe I should just say **** it and get rid of the both of you.

It's not like you ****ers add much anymore these days anyway...