PDA

View Full Version : Carmelo Anthony vs. Brett Favre

cj's dad
02-21-2011, 08:45 PM
I find it difficult to decide which is the bigger soap opera.

What a waste of media time and space debating over where this POS will end up playing.

Anthony is a Baltimore boy who a few years ago was involved in the infamous "stop snitching" DVD which was and possibly still is a big hit among the mentally challenged thugs here.

"FU" Mello. you PUNK !!

Zippy Chippy
02-21-2011, 11:37 PM
Favre was the worst ever but this melo crap is close. I can't stand it. I hate sportscenter now. The east is crazy now though with cs heat bulls magic Knicks. Fun playoffs

Marlin
02-21-2011, 11:52 PM
The Melo mess was amazing because of the disinformation being put out there by teams and his agent. Almost every story had a motive to draw out the Knicks. Was there ever a doubt it would be the Knicks? Of course New Jersey wanted the Knicks to pay as much as possible for him. Denver wanted the Knicks to pay as much as possible for him. I love the Lakers getting in there and scaring the Knicks as well. A true soap opera that always had only one possible ending. Well, the Knicks fell for it. Lets see if it works.:)

Coleman
02-22-2011, 03:01 AM
Apparently it's even more of a soap opera than it appears. Because it looks like the deal was done with the help of Isiah Thomas behind the scenes, and now there are rumors of Thomas returning to the Knicks next season. So with all due respect to Favre, this nonsense may be out-soap-operaing him.

Oh, and the third nominee for the prize: Lebron's Decision...I mean, seriously..,

Relwob Owner
02-22-2011, 07:10 AM
Apparently it's even more of a soap opera than it appears. Because it looks like the deal was done with the help of Isiah Thomas behind the scenes, and now there are rumors of Thomas returning to the Knicks next season. So with all due respect to Favre, this nonsense may be out-soap-operaing him.

Oh, and the third nominee for the prize: Lebron's Decision...I mean, seriously..,

Isiah being involved explains the trade because it is just amazing to me how much the Nuggets got and the Knicks gave up, considering that the Nuggets had absolutely no leverage. The Knicks could have gotten Anthony after the year was over and the Nuggets would have gotten nothing. Yes, they would have had competition for him but it has seemed clear from the get go CA wants to be in New York.

Kudos to the Nuggets management and also to the new Nets owner who never really had a shot at getting Anthony but wisely got involved and helped make the Knicks overpay.....

theguarantee
02-22-2011, 08:07 PM
Wow, way to crucify a guy for returning to his humble upbringings and being placed in a bootleg video that he likely had no comprehension of. Give me a break.

cj's dad
02-22-2011, 08:30 PM
Wow, way to crucify a guy for returning to his humble upbringings and being placed in a bootleg video that he likely had no comprehension of. Give me a break.

:lol:

Heres a break for you. His beginnings were not humble. He went to a private Catholic high school. He was not a victim of being taped without his knowledge. You have proof he was taped unknowingly ??

He was just trying to be cool; one of the homies.

Relwob Owner
02-22-2011, 08:37 PM
:lol:

Heres a break for you. His beginnings were not humble. He went to a private Catholic high school. He was not a victim of being taped without his knowledge. You have proof he was taped unknowingly ??

He was just trying to be cool; one of the homies.

Just like you asked about him being taped un-knowingly, do you have evidence he knew he was being taped? I am no huge Melo fan but you seem to have greater than average disdain for him....anything other than the video that I have missed in terms of supporting the notion that he is the "punk" you have described him as?

FantasticDan
02-22-2011, 11:43 PM
Nice to see that cj's dad's posts here in Sports are just as moronic as they are in the General forum.

cj's dad
02-23-2011, 06:32 AM
Classy post - get some rest.

cj's dad
02-23-2011, 07:27 AM
Unfortunately, you have not seen the video. I have. I think it's pretty obvious that he knew he was being taped. However, even if he did not, he is involved in talking with his home-boys about "not snitching". His disdain for the Police and the criminal justice system is obvious. Of course to his admiring brain dead associates, he is a hero being a NBA player and all.

Just like you asked about him being taped un-knowingly, do you have evidence he knew he was being taped? I am no huge Melo fan but you seem to have greater than average disdain for him....anything other than the video that I have missed in terms of supporting the notion that he is the "punk" you have described him as?

Relwob Owner
02-23-2011, 10:03 AM
Unfortunately, you have not seen the video. I have. I think it's pretty obvious that he knew he was being taped. However, even if he did not, he is involved in talking with his home-boys about "not snitching". His disdain for the Police and the criminal justice system is obvious. Of course to his admiring brain dead associates, he is a hero being a NBA player and all.

You answered one question I had but not the second. Are there any other instances that have led to the high level of disdain you obviously have for him?

onefast99
02-23-2011, 11:08 AM
I met him in Syracuse shortly after he opened the Melo Center. He has grown up a lot in the past few years. Combine that with the loss of his sister several months ago and the pressure of signing a contract or being traded from a team he played for since he was drafted in 2003 and you mature quickly. He will add a lot to the Knicks and once again the Garden will be rocking!

Relwob Owner
02-23-2011, 11:33 AM
I met him in Syracuse shortly after he opened the Melo Center. He has grown up a lot in the past few years. Combine that with the loss of his sister several months ago and the pressure of signing a contract or being traded from a team he played for since he was drafted in 2003 and you mature quickly. He will add a lot to the Knicks and once again the Garden will be rocking!

It will and it will be interesting to see if they can add a third guy next year.....I believe the Nets just got Deron Williams and I have to imagine they will be trying to extend him, leaving Paul as the most likely third piece in NY if they can afford him.

onefast99
02-23-2011, 03:48 PM
It will and it will be interesting to see if they can add a third guy next year.....I believe the Nets just got Deron Williams and I have to imagine they will be trying to extend him, leaving Paul as the most likely third piece in NY if they can afford him.
The Nets did land Williams. They didn't give up much either as Utah was in a panic to unload him. Favors and Harris head west. Paul wants to play in NY but the Knicks don't have much to offer.

cj's dad
02-23-2011, 07:00 PM

Glad to hear that he has matured. At the time of the "Stop Snitching" DVD he acted like a thug. If he has in fact become a better person, good for him and those who helps.

Relwob Owner
02-23-2011, 07:44 PM
The Nets did land Williams. They didn't give up much either as Utah was in a panic to unload him. Favors and Harris head west. Paul wants to play in NY but the Knicks don't have much to offer.

Paul is an FA in 2012 I believe and I have to imagine that the Knicks think they will have a shot at him....like you said, though, not much left to give up if they need to trade for him.

Pretty impressive debut for the Nets owner, as they appeared to get a high level player and gave up about half as much as the Knicks did in their deal. All in all, exciting trades that should make for an interesting second half.

RaceBookJoe
02-28-2011, 09:54 AM
The Knicks still have a ways to go, but they played their hearts out in last nights win at Miami. rbj