PDA

View Full Version : The curious case of Leeisiana Blues

Stillriledup
02-21-2011, 03:23 PM
Leeisiana Blues, a 4 year old Leestown gelding racing at the Fair Grounds ran in today's 4th race.

Here are his running lines for his last 3 starts.

July 8, 2010 he was 2-1 favorite and the comment in the DRF was 'stopped badly' and he was beaten 41 lengths.

His next start on Aug 14th at LAD he was pulled up and vanned off.

His most recent start (before today) was on Jan 9th at FG, in there he was also pulled up and 'walked off'.

So, he's basically been eased in his last 3 starts.

Guess what happens today?

He gets bet down to 8-1 (don't know how) and runs last around the track, fans wide in the lane, doesnt make a move and gets eased at the wire. He could have been vanned off again for all i know, he actually completed the course today.

When is enough enough?

Mineshaft
02-21-2011, 04:19 PM
i think today enough is enough. Somethign is wrong with this horse either mentally or physically. Mouton is too good of a trainer to keep on running this horse this way.

garyscpa
02-21-2011, 06:53 PM
8-1 is not good enough. They're darkening his form. I suggest you play this horse next out.:)

newtothegame
02-21-2011, 11:08 PM
8-1 is not good enough. They're darkening his form. I suggest you play this horse next out.:)

Well if you take mineshaft at his knowledge (which I do) and you accept that mouton is a good trainer, then you also have to surmise that nothing physically is wrong with the horse. So, is it mental?? Anyone know a good psych lol!!
But, if they are continuing to train and run this horse, you have to believe they have a thought that he can perform...right?
Or is it possible the owner could be stubborn??
But will be watching for his next start :lol:

Kevroc
02-22-2011, 03:27 AM
I've made a note to watch the replays of this horse's races, I'm curious where on the track he is puling up. He may be spooked by something.. possibly shadows of the grandstand or the sight of the grandstand when approaching the far turn?

Maybe he is working really well in the morning during backside drills?

Bribe the racing secretary to write a race for him during one of those FG twilight cards!

Phantombridgejumpe
02-23-2011, 04:20 PM
Sidd Finch

Cardus
02-23-2011, 05:40 PM
Leeisiana Blues, a 4 year old Leestown gelding racing at the Fair Grounds ran in today's 4th race.

Here are his running lines for his last 3 starts.

July 8, 2010 he was 2-1 favorite and the comment in the DRF was 'stopped badly' and he was beaten 41 lengths.

His next start on Aug 14th at LAD he was pulled up and vanned off.

His most recent start (before today) was on Jan 9th at FG, in there he was also pulled up and 'walked off'.

So, he's basically been eased in his last 3 starts.

Guess what happens today?

He gets bet down to 8-1 (don't know how) and runs last around the track, fans wide in the lane, doesnt make a move and gets eased at the wire. He could have been vanned off again for all i know, he actually completed the course today.

When is enough enough?

I wonder that, too.

Hanover1
02-23-2011, 07:17 PM
I've made a note to watch the replays of this horse's races, I'm curious where on the track he is puling up. He may be spooked by something.. possibly shadows of the grandstand or the sight of the grandstand when approaching the far turn?

Maybe he is working really well in the morning during backside drills?

Bribe the racing secretary to write a race for him during one of those FG twilight cards!

The trainer has all this covered, I am sure. What do his posted works show you vs same condition horses? If he works 5/8ths in 1:00, I have issues. Anything less/more means he aint much stock. This sure is not a Gulfstream type horse anyways, so there is alot of your answer right there.....