PDA

View Full Version : Some options for purchasing par times/Beyer pars?

dusty screen
02-21-2011, 01:47 PM
I am solely interested in using par times/Beyers pars as a means to determine class.

For example is a horse running in a MSW at Tampa (6f dirt) moving up or down in class after racing for 50,000 MCL at Gulfstream? Simple example, I know...

What is the best way to make the designation of class using pars? What are the best products out there available for purchase?

When does Cynthia/Schwartz put out their stuff for 2011?

Thanks,
dusty

Tom
02-21-2011, 02:30 PM
Dave Schwartz has good pars.
DRF Simulcast Daily or Weekly has the Beyer pars for each track.
Better off with the Daily version - they have all tracks on the web site - the printed one only has the tracks they carry, and an abbreviated list.

classhandicapper
02-21-2011, 06:43 PM
I use the DRF Simulcast Daily Pars, but there are some issues. For example, come classes are not included because the sample size is too small. That actually comes up quite a bit, but IMO it's still worth it for everything else you get.

Dave Schwartz
02-21-2011, 08:04 PM
Thank you for your interest.

HorseStreet Pars will be out in mid-March.

thelyingthief
02-22-2011, 08:57 AM
The physical magazine subscription charts weekly includes the web charts daily. I get the subscription for six months only per year, basically to update my charts, beyer pars, etc..

tlt

BlueShoe
02-23-2011, 05:02 PM
For example, come classes are not included because the sample size is too small.
For sure. All too often in the DRF box for the Beyer par you will see a big fat N/A, not avilable. Puzzling, since many times it will be seen for a very common class and distance for which surely there is an ample data base from which to calculate pars.

dusty screen
02-23-2011, 05:24 PM
Thank you for your interest.

HorseStreet Pars will be out in mid-March.

Dave,

How do you use your pars to compare class levels at different tracks? Like in the Tam/GP example above.

Thanks,
dusty

Dave Schwartz
02-23-2011, 08:02 PM
Dusty,

They can certainly be used that way. Personally, I do not. I use the horses' speed ratings in the race to determine what it takes to when today's race.

Dave