PDA

View Full Version : So, Gulfstream doesn't have headons for the turf races?

Stillriledup
02-19-2011, 03:01 PM
They just DQ'd easy winner Sierra Alpha for 'interference' in today's 5th race, but i never got to see a DIRECT head on shot. Some cute side angles were shown, but nothing directly in front.

I mean, it LOOKED like there might have been some kind of interference, but if you don't see the direct head on, how can you tell?

affirmedny
02-19-2011, 07:26 PM
They just DQ'd easy winner Sierra Alpha for 'interference' in today's 5th race, but i never got to see a DIRECT head on shot. Some cute side angles were shown, but nothing directly in front.

I mean, it LOOKED like there might have been some kind of interference, but if you don't see the direct head on, how can you tell?

They don't have a head on because the rail was moved out according to the guy on HRTV.

Spiderman
02-20-2011, 08:31 AM
Horse was mugged while in a full run and was likely winner if there was no interference. Yeah, I had him. Stewards claimed, "insufficient evidence". They should not run a race if objections/inquiries cannot be validated.

BIG49010
02-20-2011, 09:18 AM
I thought the later race where they did have sorta a head-on shot was as bad as the DQ. It cost the inside horse a better placing also. I just wish they would be consistant.

David-LV
02-20-2011, 09:39 AM
I thought the later race where they did have sorta a head-on shot was as bad as the DQ. It cost the inside horse a better placing also. I just wish they would be consistant.

"Consistency" It all depends on who the trainer and owners are and it will never change.